Mustang Evolution Forum banner

tuning issues?

3K views 63 replies 11 participants last post by  arena314 
#1 ·
I just got an 01 gt with longtubes catted xpipe accufab throttle body 3.73's intake underdrive pullies and more. the car doesn't run very good at all it will start and die or start and sound like it has cams and run very rough or stall out. I did the plugs and fixed a misfire but there's also a p0206 code on the car which is something with the ecu and I assume this is my issue? if I went in there with my sct bama tuner and tuned it will it fix my issues? if not how do I go about fixing them? thanks for any responses I'm extremely frustrated about this idk what to do

#32 ·
We didn't say it would change it, we said check and see if the code showed up on the number 5 spot or stayed at 6. If it stayed then that means it's on the wiring but if it followed and code came up for cylinder 5 it's that injector.

Never once did we say that switching it would solve the problem, it would just let us know what the problem is.

You're either really incompetent or this car is a hunk of crap and has 15,376 different issues.

Gotta fix stuff 1 at a time.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

I'm beginning to wonder if you actually are having issues or are you just trolling to aggravate us lol

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#33 ·
no codes changed nothing different happened when swapping the injectors. the code wasn't even coming anymore. I got the alternator tested and it failed so I need an alternator and I think my maf is bad and those 2 things are what's making my car run this way

#34 ·
You might want to check your power steering fluid while you're throwing parts at it. It will effect the way the car runs with the MAF unplugged and bad injector. Make sure you change your air in your tires to propane. It'll run better.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#38 ·
Sounds like the car had a few more issues then originally thought

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#39 ·
Any chance, this could be fuel related if it keeps dying?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#45 ·
true. I replaced the alternator today bc it needed one so that's done. the thing thats weird to me is that when the car is cold it won't run with the maf plugged in but if I unplug it the car will run good when it's cold. then after it warms up it starts to run like **** whether or not it's plugged in or unplugged it will run the same either way when it's warmed up. when I pull the maf it also doesn't throw any codes the only code that ever comes up is the p0206 code

#48 ·
I noticed the wires for the tps need to be cleaned up and I also noticed there's bare wire on the cylinder number 6 cop wire. I'm sure there is in other places I need to look better. I think I was giving you the wrong code the whole time it might be code p0602 when I get home from work I'll run to the mustang and pull the codes and let you guys know for sure

#51 ·
That code means that the computer has been re-tuned. I believe that most tuners remove it so that it won't show up as a trouble code, but apparently sometimes it appears for some reason. It's nothing to worry about.

Are you positive that is the only trouble code?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.