Mustang Evolution Forum banner

No steal. Idle issues?

1K views 19 replies 6 participants last post by  keeney35 
#1 ·
Picked up an 02 GT with this issue previous owner replaced everything up there ( maf, IAC, tps). Just pulled off the IAC. Looks like a store brand(iac) n just the gasket. Do I need a motorcraft part or just to seal it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
The first thing that you should do to diagnose the idle problem, is to scan the computer for possible trouble codes, along with performing a charging system test to make sure that it is charging properly.
It could be that your IAC is not functioning correctly, it wouldn't be the first time that a "cheapo" IAC didn't work correctly. It might save you some money by doing some simple diagnostics before you start throwing parts at it.

#13 ·
If you unplug the IAC it should die.

Get a motor craft IAC and put it on, unhook the battery cables both positive and negative and hold the 2 cables together for about 1 minute. Then hook them back up.

It's called a global reset it will clear any codes that the car has even if they are "history" codes

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#20 ·
For future reference if it ever acts up again.

Pull the IAC off and get some MAF sensor cleaner and you can clean it with some q-tips to get rid of the gunk that's in there, that will get you buy and improve it until you can replace the part.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.