Mustang Evolution Forum banner

My built 2V hp goals

2K views 16 replies 3 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Heyy everyone
I have a 2004 mustang GT
My procharger is on its way its a tuner kit with standard 2core intercooler and stock 8psi pulley ive ordered 10psi pulley even too achive my hp goal which is 450-460 range at the rear wheel
The car is cammed and has full boltons plenum long tubes and borla stinger catback
And ive ordered SCT MAF 90mm and
weisco -20cc pistons with
Manley H beam rods and ARP 2000 bolts
And clevite rod bearings and main bearing and some gaskets too
It will be built and rods and pistons are rated at 800HP

For fuel i will be using 47Lbs ford racing injectors
With BBK 300LPH fuel pump and kenne bell boost a pump

The car has eibach sway bars and shocks and ford racing lower springs with 315 nitto 555R

So is it possible to make that much power on this setup

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#5 ·
I have comp cams 268 hope they get me over 450. Well lets see when parts will arrive il dyno the car yes i made two mistakes with this setup one 2 core intercooler 2nd P1SC should have gone with D1 but aniway we can always increase the boost :D

#7 ·
That blower will run out of air before making a crapton of power. It'll do ok tho. You do not need a built engine for the 425rwhp range. More and more I'm thinking of not pulling apart my stock Continental motor and just throwing on my Mach intake/cobra cams and rolling with it as is. 425 to the wheels and a 6800rpm redline is fine for a stock 4V.

#10 ·
If you are trying for 800hp you should have went with a D1 or one of the bigger Vortech/Paxtons. Or a turbo...

#13 ·
Typhoon is not an upgrade power wise. And can cause issues with heat soak. The only benefit its its metal so you don't have to worry about the plastic breaking.

#16 ·
I have two options one is typhoon and one is trickflow. Bc the guy who orders my parts from US gets discount on these
So let me know what is better from these 2
Let me see if i can switch it TF manifold
So please help me decide it
Thanks.

#17 ·
Stick with your stock manifold. With a supercharger, the typhoon or the trick flow will make no more power and just add weight. The stock PI intake is a very VERY good intake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.