Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New exhaust thoughts and opinions..

Tags
exhaust
1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  2v_Brown 
#1 ·
Okay here's the backstory on my exhaust right now..

I am going to be redoing my exhaust here soon, right now I have a BBK O/R X pipe with SLP Loudmouths with electric cut outs before the x pipe. But I dont like the cut outs as much as I thought I would, it sounds good when they are open but when they are closed I can't hear the x pipe and car sounds like it has a terrible exhaust leak. I'm not sure if the shop that did it warped my butterfly valve on my cut out from them welding. But it doesnt sound very good..

Here is what I might get instead. Just get rid of everything and start over. I would like to have long tube headers with bigger exhaust pipe like a 3" or 3.5" with o/r x pipe to fit it and then I'm not sure what kind of muffler/ resonator. What do you guys think of the bigger exhaust piping? Also what do you think the car would sound like with a double helix x pipe like the ones they put on Corvettes?

#5 · (Edited)
Yes it would be slightly louder. If you want 3in go for it. Though it won't be an upgrade unless you're moving enough air to justify the bigger size pipe.
As stated if you want it louder just 2.5in straight pipe it along with longtubes and an off-road X pipe it will be plenty loud and raspy.

Pick your poison.

#6 ·
Yeah screw it, I'll just keep what I have and get long tubes. The only concern I have is I'm not sure how far the headers will reach under my car because I'm getting rid of the cut outs and I dont want a small piece of pipe that goes from the headers to my mid pipe. For where my cut outs were. If that makes sense..

#8 ·
My x pipe right now is for shortys so I just planned on cutting and welding them together. Because I was just going to cut out my cut outs and hope the headers and mid pipe connect so I wouldn't have a small piece of exhaust pipe connecting them. It would look jerry rigged, even though no one is going to see but still.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.