Mustang Evolution Forum banner

2004 Mustang GT version 3.0 build thread.

11K views 127 replies 15 participants last post by  phatspeed7x 
#1 ·
Well I finally paid off my 2004 Mustang GT. This year I have some plans for it. Top priority is to get it running properly again.

Last summer I installed a set of CMS stage 2 NA cams, and I've been battling motor issues ever since. Pretty sure the valve guides in my heads are gacked, and a head swap in set up for this spring time. I bought a set of used PI head from my buddy who did a 4V swap on his 1999 GT. I know the valve covers are different and he's including them with the heads. I'll have to get a head gasket kit for a 1999 GT I know (it has mostly new gaskets but it's been apart a couple time since the first install, and would just rather put new stuff in there).

Also have a set of used bbk long tube headers with a matching X pipe I'm buying from another buddy who is doing a On 3 turbo build.

The ultimate goal is to make a reliable 300rwhp summer toy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#79 ·
I loved my Dark Shadow Grey, though if I'm not mistaken, Revvv yours should be Mineral Grey.

In any case we need to get the exhaust done on yours. I'm leaning towards another Mac Prochamber, which would leave my mid pipe available to you. Just have to get all this other crap in life taken care of that requires lots of money, leaving less for my car:-(

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#82 ·
Drive the car tonight for the first time in about 4 days. Noticed today at a car meet after it had sat for about an hour I went to start it and it surges at idle for about 2 minutes before it settles down. Tried playing with the idle speed and it stalls unless I set the speed high (800rpm). Vacuum leak? Bad idle air? Bad tune? Idk what's going on... Only code I'm getting is for my egr sensor low voltage input (because I had them disable the egr system).

#89 ·
I got married once. I don't ever plan to do that again. However, I am still married to the same super hot woman I said "I do" to a million years ago. I honestly cannot ask for a better partner, friend, wife, and mother

#93 ·
I would love to find, and have, my first car. 1971 Chevelle.

I have not sold my 2003 Ram off for parts yet because the truck has a lot of sentimental value. I hate seeing it without an engine, but at the moment it has to be that way.

Now stop dreaming and go restore that truck!

#96 ·
Took the car out tonight for just a short little cruise around Swan lake. About a nice 10 mile drive. Car seemed to run just fine with the nice cool air (about 60* during my cruise). Gas tank was pretty empty, and I've noticed that when I don't have a full tank of gas weighing down on the rear tires the car lays patches for days! Might have to look into getting a upgraded rear tire for next summer. Right now only have a 275/40ZR17 out back.

#106 ·
Just took my car out of storage. Trying to figure out a idle issue. It seems to be holding a high idle at normal operating temp. 800ish rpm. I have the idle set at 760rpm. I've cleaned the iac, and mass air flow sensor. I just want to hear the lop of my cams...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

#111 · (Edited)
I just put Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded on my '02 GT, very pleased with the sound and no droning on the freeway. They also flow in the 90 % range vs Flowmaster's 50-60 % flow rate. Of course sound preference is a very personal thing and I do not like the motor boat sound and droning of the Flow's so just throwing out a possible alternative if you want a different sound etc.

Attachments

#112 ·
I just put Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded on my '02 GT, very pleased with the sound and no droning on the freeway. They also flow in the 90 % range vs Flowmaster's 50-60 % flow rate. Of course sound preference is a very personal thing and I do not like the motor boat sound and droning of the Flow's so just throwing a possible alternative of you want a different sound etc.
I ordered up a pair of Gibson MWA mufflers 2.5" offset/offset. They use a unique design that gives them a very different tone. Really looking forward to see how they sound on my cammed Mustang. Label Logo Linens Rectangle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.