Mustang Evolution Forum banner

start up issues

917 views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  EastTNMustang 
#1 ·
hey guys, so since yesterday my 01 Gt has been having an issue where when I go to start it up cold or warm it will start right up and just die right away and make like a little pop noise from the exhaust then the 2nd time I start it it starts right up 0 issues and runs fine. like I said it's only been since yesterday but it does it pretty much every time I start the car. I replaced the iac when I got the car 3 months back but it was a ****ty iac and i know they don't last very long so I think my issue is in the iac or my second guess would be fuel related what do you guys think? thanks

#10 ·
If you have a repeat of the problem I would begin to suspect the alternator. A bad diode in the alternator in our cars causes a lot of false issues.

I prefer to try low cost options first. An alternator is about $220.

#12 ·
In that case, I would call the sensor the culprit.

Hopefully you did not purchase a bad alternator. I had to replace mine twice. The only positive is that a new alternator should have a warranty, and changing it only takes about 15 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.