Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Road trip!

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  Mudman 
#1 ·
So the time has finally come for my 02 to go on it's very first road trip (with me). I have owned the car for close to 10 years now. I am the second owner. In the past 3 years the car has probably only seen 3-4k miles. The car has about 180k and never gave me any problems. I have babied the vehicle since day one of my ownership. Just today i gave it a fresh oil change and removed the loud upr x pipe. Tomorrow i plan to do a flush in the radiator.

I plan to drive my car to Vegas (3 hour) drive from home. There is a lot of hills to go up. The temperature for this weekend will be a beautiful 84 degrees. I plan to drop the top. I removed all aftermarket parts and it is 100% stock with the exception of it being lowered. The farthest i have driven the car is to San Diego which is close to two hours. I have also drove the car to work for about a week (62 miles) one way and it has yet to give me a problem. I have a brand new truck that i could take, but it's time for my car to have some of fun.

Have any of you driven your car with high miles? What are other things i should get inspected? My dad is against me taking it worried it will leave me stranded and not having any reception to communicate with anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#4 ·
Are you trolling????

Seriously.

Seriously.

It's your car and you have owned it for 10 years. If you don't trust it to drive 3 hours away, get rid of it because it's garbage.

Also, why put it back to stock for a 3 hour "road trip"? That is nothing.

Seriously ... you trolling??????

If not, since the car sounds like it's a garage queen, check the tires. Check for dry rotting or cracking on the sidewalls and make sure that they have the proper amount of air in them. Also, might want to bring a rifle with ammo, a flare gun, a sat phone, a CB radio, 10 gallons of drinkable water, some field rations, a machete, a map, a compass, a book about celestial navigation along with a sextant, a flashlight, sunscreen, anti-venom kits for whatever wildlife is going to attempt to eat you when you do break down, a rape whistle, a bag of Skittles and finally you might want to throw in the spare tire, a jack and a few tools.

Seriously???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.