Mustang Evolution Forum banner

4v swap into 2002 roush

6K views 67 replies 9 participants last post by  69ponyxprs 
#1 ·
I know its probably been covered somewhere but im interested in seeing how easy it would be to swap either a 04 mach 1 engine or a 03/04 cobra motor into my car.

#42 ·
@Dsg, the reason we're being so critical of your friend is in general, a coyote engine will normally run you around $10k as a crate engine. The cheapest I've seen around was on Craigslist at $8k with a tranny. So when you say he's selling at $1.8k it seems too good to be true. And if so, I'm with Rap, I'd buy both and then flip them. No offense intended

#44 ·
So we go from the Navi motor being a good "unique" candidate engine to not one but TWO $1800 Coyote runners with MT82 transmissions?

Sorry I'm calling bull****. Or they are mega high mileage or something else that makes them $1800. Yards know what these engines are worth.

#46 ·
Not 2 motors and trans for 1.8k together. Its 1 coyote motor and trans for 1.8k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

This is a setup from LMR I think. Still find it hard to believe you've found two for $1800 ea.
Thats not even close to what is being offered.

#47 ·
I understand it's not for both. 1 motor and trans is still 1/3 the price at $1800 what it should be if they are decent mileage. Something is fishy or you got bad info

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#49 ·
Ford has been producing the Coyote for about 7 years now. How many Coyote powered Mustangs and F150's do you guys think have been manufactured in that time?

The market will become saturated with used Coyote engines at some point.
Maybe the inventory is finally becoming larger than the demand?

#51 ·
Market will become saturated but a coyote and trans still should not be that cheap. Regardless, you will still need another $3$-$5k in parts and then labor if you are paying labor will be $$$. Still probably cheaper to just sell your car and buy a 11-14 gt.

#53 ·
TBH, you'll be cool on social media and with your friends, but that's about it. Not trying to be a dick lol. Most other people would wonder why the hell you wouldn't want everything else the newer Mustangs have to offer. I get it how people want to be unique, but with mustangs, unique lasts about a month lol. I'd definitely do what will make you happy, but don't be surprised if regret kills the fun when it's all said and done. Look at how everyone puts their freshly swapped Mustangs up for sale as soon as they get them done. That dude who coyote swapped an azure Mach 1 put that ***** up for sale like two weeks after he completed it! I would never spend that much time/money/effort into something like that just to sell it off when it was done. If I'm going all out like that, I'm going to keep it and enjoy it for years to come. At least you'd be able to say you paid for the fun and it was at least work that.

#54 ·
Not to mention any basic 4.6L with a blower on it is a solid 400rwhp street car anyway. Stock longblock and everything. 400rwhp dead hook on a street car is more than enough.

#56 ·
Well I'm talking very conservative tune.

#58 ·
Gotcha. Well 400whp range lol... But very easy to hit with the 4.6L, 4.6L easy to tune and so cheap if you **** up and blow it up you just get another one for $500.

#60 ·
Can always try and find some good used termi rods and pistons too but nearly every time I see them for sale some asshat "dropped" one and needs a single piston or needs a new rod or something. Seen a few supposed good sets with ARP bolts go recently for $500 tho.

#62 ·
I know you don't use FB, and I don't blame you, but that's where I'm finding by far all the best deals on the stuff I'm getting to finish mine. And its not even close. Where I saw those $500 rod/piston sets sell for.

#64 ·
Find all kinds of stuff on here.

Attachments

#67 ·
Picture shows it's called, "4 valve cobra parts for sale."

Pick your poison.
Lol yeah why I screenshotted the title page.

There is another group called:

New Edge Mustangs 99-04 Parts For Sale!

But that is mostly boy racers and domestic ricers trying to sell low dollar garbage parts. There is sometimes good stuff in there tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.