Mustang Evolution Forum banner

New Wheel Noise

937 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Strange Mud 
#1 ·
I've got a '98 GT that I swapped the original 16" wheels with a set of 17" wheels I bought from a guy with a '05. The wheel have the TPMS valves still. Before changing the wheels out I heard nothing. Trust me, with a convertible you hear ever noise your car makes. Now with the new wheels I'm hearing a clicking sound at lower speeds. It goes away at higher speeds either because there's more noise from the wind or it's so fast it stops. IDK. Could it be these TPMS valve stems and either way, should I have them swapped out? Nothing else changed and these new wheels/tires are factory and right size for my model year. The guy I bought them from put about 20k miles on them and then went with custom wheels. They just sat in his garage for about 10 years before he decided to clean out the garage and get rid of them. $400 was an amazing deal for these rims and low mileage tires. Here is what they look like in case anyone cares. Land vehicle Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel
Alloy wheel Tire Rim Wheel Automotive tire

See less See more
#14 ·
so have you carefully checked tires for rock in tread? another hint have someone drive the car in circles around you to try and locate which corner is making the sound

or on of your buddies put a zip tie around your driveshaft....always worth a laugh esp if the person is fussy about their car. it makes a tick each rotation....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.