Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need part identification help

1K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Zseals 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm a mustang newbie. I just got a 2002 GT 5spd, previous owner had a lot of work done to it, but didn't really know what he was paying to have done. So my question is, what's this blue gear? It has a sensor reading on the side of it, but I don't know that I've ever seen this thing before.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
Timing adjuster

I actually have this. It's a Steeda timing adjuster. The three allen screws hold it in place. loosen them to adjust your timing. The sensor adjacent to it is the crank position sensor that is normally in the block. There are timing marks for advancing and retarding the timing.Info on use may still be available on the web.

#12 ·
I actually have this. It's a Steeda timing adjuster. The three allen screws hold it in place. loosen them to adjust your timing. The sensor adjacent to it is the crank position sensor that is normally in the block. There are timing marks for advancing and retarding the timing.Info on use may still be available on the web.
Okay cool, I will have to see if I can find a manual on it. I tried tightening my Allen screws down but I've noticed the whole gear as well as the screws have some back and forth play in them, is yours pretty solid?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.