Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Front Bumper Repair

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  alex10staley 
#1 ·
I own a 2000 Mustang GT and my bumper has fell off. The two main clips in the middle are now broken and seem unrepairable. Has anyone been able to fix this or any ideas on how to because a new bumper is very expensive so I am open to all ideas. Thanks for any advice or help you guys can give.

#5 ·
I've messed with enough mustang bumpers to say; go to rock auto.com and order a new bumper. I've ordered a few from them. I usually buy the front and rear together, and it usually runs me about 3-400 for both with freight shipping included in that. Front should run around 150. Once those tabs break there is no fix that is easier or cheaper than just replacing the bumper all together that I am aware of. Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Car
Automotive exterior Bumper Auto part Vehicle Floor

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

#8 ·
I've messed with enough mustang bumpers to say; go to rock auto.com and order a new bumper. I've ordered a few from them. I usually buy the front and rear together, and it usually runs me about 3-400 for both with freight shipping included in that. Front should run around 150. Once those tabs break there is no fix that is easier or cheaper than just replacing the bumper all together that I am aware of. View attachment 240922 View attachment 240930

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I want something a bit different from the OEM GT, Cobra, and Mach 1 splitter. I would love to have the two piece Roush stage 2 or 3 GT chin splitter. They are expensive though in my opinion.

#13 ·
Replacing that panel is not an "easy" fix, IMO. I need to replace mine a the headlight retainers broke, but I honestly don't feel like disassembling the entire front end just to replace that panel..... maybe with enough beer I would get the gumption to do it....:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.