Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Pics of upgraded some parts in my mustang!

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Speed_Mister 
#1 ·
Got some new synchro rings, new gears, hardened shift fork pins, and metal shift fork pads installed. I already had the 26 spline input shaft which is all from pro-forcepeformance. This transmission should hold 700hp which is my goal. This tranny is shifting great and no grinding any more!

While the trans was out I fixed my rear main seal cover plate leak and replaced the rear main seal too with felpro gaskets and rtv for the cover.

I also went ahead and installed Mcleods aluminum flywheel sfi approved. It has a replaceable face so I will never have to resurface this flywheel I just buy a new face for it and go. It weighed 12 pounds vs the stock flywheel at 23 pounds.

I installed the 26 spline McLeod street extreme clutch rated for 700hp it's a great clutch and feels good so far. It's a tad bit more heavy than my old super pro clutch but still very light! Which is also for sell if anybody is interested.

Replaced passenger side header gasket with ford racing gaskets since my longtubes where in the way and had to take off passenger side. Wanted to do ds but funds were short. Need to replace my rearend gears and re shim it and put new bearings in the rearend then I'm ready to build the motor for the power.

Auto part Engine Automotive engine part Clutch Machine

Auto part Wheel Automotive tire Tire Rim
Auto part Clutch Engine Automotive design Wheel
Tire Auto part Automotive tire Wheel Automotive wheel system
Motor vehicle Automobile repair shop Vehicle Auto part Car
Gear shift Center console Vehicle Car Personal luxury car

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

See less See more
#6 ·
Haha meant to post it earlier, but steam cleaned the case also. Too bad my spark plugs are blowing out can't enjoy the new trans. ☹ kinda want the TF top end kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.