Mustang Evolution Forum banner

where to go from here

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Smotpoker15 
#1 ·
so I'm building up my 2000 gt for the drag strip primarily. and this year ive pretty much done what i feel what i can get out of my 2v motor. i was thinking next step would be a vortech pro charger but heres the thing

i raced a procharged 11 psi water meth and extensively tuned 2002 gt and took him first race.

i have a 100 shot and 4.10s with my own custom tune. i feel other bolt ons are a waist of money for the direction i want to go.

he trapped about 5 mph faster than me but is 5mph faster worth the 10k spent when my old girl kept up. so now im stuck back to the drawing boards. i dont have the funds for a coyote swap nor do i want to dish out that much at once.

#2 ·
Nitrous is going to be the best for a pure drag car... I mean bump your shot up to 150 with a good tune and run it till it blows.

You are correct, the bolt ons do not do much for the 2V. You have Nitrous cams? If not get some Nitrous cams.

#3 ·
its not pure drag car. still full interior and ac/heat radio ect. but only drive it on nice weekends 6 months of the year but race it about 15 night's a season.

i agree more nitrous will make it faster i had 150 shot on there but my a/f was all over the place need to upgrade fuel pump for sure but 100 shot im running high 12s and trapping 108's which is pretty good for a 2v with my mods. im on tired suspension aswell my 60's are 2.03 i am stock cams for now. what kind of differences would i expect with nitrous spec cams

i was just suprised on the outcome i thought he would blow the doors off me but wasn't the case..

heres my car making a 12.92 pass against a corvette

https://youtu.be/gJjX303DR68

#4 ·
12.92 the other guy should have killed you especially on stock suspension.

Upgrade your suspension. That will knock a full second off your E/T if you are on stock suspension now.

#5 ·
again i thought i was going to lose too, but i guess i out drove him that wss a 2.03 60 ft and he was 2.1. he trapped 111 and i was 108 so he was pulling as im right at the top of 4th crossing the line and i drop to much going into 5th.

suspension mods are only frpp c springs. ive only had the car since May, and i bought it stock off an 80 year old single owner.

gears, clutch rear end rebuild nitrous wheels tires ect ect suspension was not in the budget this year... next year. im thinking koni yellows as i was going to go lakewood drags but i do like to take corners on the road. any suggestions?

#7 ·
You should not be shifting into 5th at all at the track. Stay at the top of 4th, that is where you want to be crossing.

You want to take corners? Not going to happen on the stock 4 link. TA/PHB setup or swap to IRS. Either way is going to be about $2k-$3k because the TA/PHB setup is not cheap and if you get an IRS you need to pull it COMPLETELY apart and redo every bushing and piece of rubber in it with delrin and poly or it'll be a wheel hopping nightmare.

#8 ·
thats more than i would require . im comfortable with a live axel and know the limits of the cornering. to be honest even with c springs and sticky tires it performs 1000 times better over stock and is almost all i need for the cornering i do. im looking for ones that preform at the drag track but not bouncy and scary on the street .. i was originally going to go lakewood but now thinking koni. i had koni yellows in the past and found them the best shock and strut before you go coilover

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.