Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Trying New Rims and Tires

2K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  51008 
#1 ·
Have anyone tried to place a 15-17 rim on a new edge mustang yet. I have a friend with a '17 GT and he has offered his old rims and tires. The front are 19 x 8.5 which should be fine, I think on the car. But not sure the offset and the spacing in the rear for a 19 x 10 inch rim in the back. He currently has 285's on it right now. Does anyone know if they fit and what is required to make them fit?
Thanks in advance

#2 ·
That s a good question. I ve seen some good deals on craig's for newer style wheels, I m also wondering

Sent from my SM-G920T using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#11 ·
You are just all over the place with that car...Focus on one thing at a time. You started at a supercharger, then plastidip, now at wheels and your car is still on jack stands needing suspension work....you're spreading yourself too thin...[emoji38]:D
You were a kid once. I can remember being unstoppable.

#15 ·
I have a 2012 that I bought off of a 2-year lease. It came with 19/8.5 American Muscle wheels on front with 255/40/19 tires, and the rear has 19/10 wheels with 285/35/19 tires. Looks great and there are no issues (except can't rotate tires).

Don't know if this info is applicable to the 2017 models.

#16 ·
I have bought(unknowingly) two cars with spacers, first thing I did was pull off the rims and put them on Craigslist. Just me but I prefer function over form. Might still have them somewhere if you want them. Just lucky I guess but I have always found the proper fitting wheels that I like. My latest DD actually needed spacers I found out the hard way. I replaced the front pads on my ZX2 and the wheels would not rotate, OP put on the aftermarket wheels with the pads worn enough to clearance the wheels.
Free nice wheels are sure tempting though.

#22 ·
I have a set of 1" spacers on the IRS. Will see how it does when I run it. They are CJ Pony Parts aluminum hubcentric ones and I have extended studs.

As for actual shoes... I wear combat boots all the time (military). I wear comfy *** beat to hell converse shoes, sneakers or memory gel adidas sandals in my off time lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.