Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Supercharger Whine

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Smotpoker15 
#1 ·
I have installed a 2.1 Kenne Bell on 2000 Mustang GT. I have very little whine come from it unless it is like trying to get out of snow. Is there anything that could cause that or help make the whine louder.

#5 ·
He was probably expecting sounds like the youtube vids where ppl block off the silencer ports in the eatons or KB 2.2 videos.

Then again, loud is relative from person to person. KB 2.1 makes a good amount of noise but is not omfg obnoxious loud or anything. I'd be more worried that it was properly dialed in, the AF was spot on, power was there and there are no leaks or issues or anything than how much noise there is. Lots of very loud, very slow Mustangs out there. TBTH, the loudest ones that are still street driven are often some of the slowest.

#8 ·
make the noise with the car at the same time

but seriously, I've had 2 supercharged cars , a thunderbird s/c and a Jackson racing b18c1 civic. both quiet when not WOT , but on WOT both whined like crazy. maybe wait until theres no snow on the ground and give it some go then ?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.