Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Any recommendations for a good budget touchscreen double din HU?

3K views 33 replies 5 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
With bluetooth obviously. Android mirrorlink or a full blown android unit would be a HUGE plus. And when I say "budget" I'm not expecting like a $150 unit or something.

Going to double DIN the Mustang when it gets here and then whatever else I get as a beater will get a HU as well, maybe not touchscreen but still.

#29 ·
There's only 2 brackets left for the 94-04 on Amazon... there were 3 before I bought one lol. I'm not sure if they are made anymore so if you are gonna do it I'd do it now.

Also might have to look into actually gutting and modifying the stereo in this thing in the near future. I'm not going to need to do any performance mods to this thing honestly, its already faster than 99% of the cars on the road around here even with the 3.27s and if I do anything there I'll be ordering a pumpkin already done with 4.10s and some 03/04 axles to swap to that setup.

But... that means I'm looking more at cosmetics and creature comforts than before which means stereo. The car itself makes a LOT of noise and is bumpy and obnoxious... that'll happen with a fully Poly/Delrin/Solid bushing IRS with no isolators and aftermarket stuff up front too. I kinda like how it sounds tbth but sometimes its grating and I want a good stereo to really drown it all out. The Mach speakers seem ok with this Clarion HU and I'll see how it all does with the Pioneer but I'm really having a mind to put the battery in the trunk, put a speaker/sub amp in the trunk, a 10" sub with the custom fit enclosure made for SN95s and some good speakers/tweeters with all new wiring run. Back speaker wiring is cake with the amp in the trunk. Front I'd have to run new speakers in the door but at least the Mach tweeter wires are normal. I'll have to price it all out once my pay finally stabilizes from moving.

Lol well only 1 bracket left, hopefully that was you ab mach1... if not... 1 left...

Still waiting for this crap to get here but now thinking of doing the speakers too which means I should probably get a good speaker amp which means I should probably finally move the battery to the trunk so its right there by the amps which means I need to drop the tank so thinking about doing the Termi style upgrades while its down etc... lol... yeah... or not because working at this house in Spain is damn near impossible although there is a garage with lifts for rent and air and all the tools you want to use about 20 min away.

I just can't wait to be able to finally have a place to put my phone where I can see it where it isn't sliding all over the damn place because I've been really FLINGING this car around corners the more I get used to how it drives. IRS+FTBR rear+good tires+good roads=omfg.

#32 ·
The pic on Amazon is the generic one. Yes that's correct. You pull your HVAC out a little and then bolt the slotted part to the HVAC and put it back in. You now have an AMP mount for your phone. They have instructions on the Panavise website.

I also miss getting my stuff in 2 days lol...

#34 ·
I got that one in today actually. Mount is still in the mail. Probably should have waited to tell ppl about it because Amazon is sold out now in case they lose it lmao. Panavise mount is REALLY nice tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.