Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Power Issue

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Smotpoker15 
#1 ·
I have a 2000 GT with a 2.1 Kenne Bell blower. I have had some recent battery and power issues and today it led to my car being towed back to campus and sitting in the parking lot. It currently has power to unlock and lock doors, headlights, radio. inter cooler pump, etc. but it can not even turn over. When I try to start the car, it no longer even makes a clicking noise.
Last week it died while driving and was losing amperage from the alternator to the battery. My dad and I wired a jumper wire from the alternator straight to the battery and it fixed the voltage issue. But that didn't last more than two miles down the road as it just died while driving.
Does anyone have any recommendations on what possible issues can be and how hard is it for to access the starter with the car jacked in the air. P.S. I do have a tubular front suspension if that helps. Thanks for any possible help

#2 ·
Starter is easy to get at with the car in the air. Super easy. The hard part is that top bolt if its still in there.

However... you probably fried something doing that rig fix... Hopefully it wasn't the ECM or something else that is tough to replace. Why you don't just wire **** like that without getting out a diagram and figuring out what is wrong...

#5 ·
no longer a clicking noise because your battery is flat and no cranking amprage..

power issues are generally fairly simple to diagnose.

not to be a jerk. but from the posts you've added , id say find a good shop and take it there. youre going to do worse before better. i tried to learn to cut my own hair, i still goto a barbers, lol catch my drift....

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I told him to take it to a shop over a month ago...

#7 ·
I did not have time to take to a shop and I was able to fully install the supercharger and it runs fine. The cable running from the alternator to the fuse box got loose, and it caused the car to die. I tested voltage at alternator and battery when running and off. I knew how to get to the starter, but that top bolt was going to be hard to get to with only tools in my trunk and in a parking garage. I have removed my starter many times, just wanted to know if there was an easier way.

#13 ·
DIY KB install with no idea what the AF is and no boost or fuel pressure gauges? I too like to live dangerously...

"grabs popcorn"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.