Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Headlight Install

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
Hi fellow GT owners. I have a 98 GT which had dual halo trashiom lights installed on it at purchase (not very well I might add) They're loose and the wiring is shoddy. I am going to replace with OEM FORD one piece headlights and parts which I've ordered off AM & LMR. My question is this; I don't mess with electrical wiring on any level as I'm color blind, I'm looking for somebody in the San Fernando Valley area of Los Angeles who is great with this stuff (FORD) to install. Either a shop, and/or is mobile? :cool:

Much Appreciated.

#2 · (Edited)
No idea but if you just order the DEPO projector headlights instead they come with their own harness you power off a battery lead so they get a ton of juice and its all plug and play, no having to mess with wires as far as wiring anything in. You do need to find places to mount relays and run the harness it comes with but that's easy. I just put the 2 control relays in front of the battery on the radiator support so they are hidden (removed battery to install them) and then ran the harness to the passenger's side light up and over the fan shroud.

Only stock wiring used is the driver's headlight plug and that's only used to control on/off/high beam. Look up DEPO projectors on Amazon or wherever. And you can also run 9011/9012 HIR (snow plow) bulbs in them as well by modifying one tab on the base of the bulb. They are 75% as bright as an OEM HID and a lot brighter than even the best normal halogens.

Reactions: 98 GT
#3 ·
#5 ·
Not really needed for the 99-04. The OEM smoked lights look great and are plenty bright and high quality.

#7 ·
There isn't any "wiring" on the DEPO lights, its plugs that can only be installed one way and a single lead to a post so you can't screw it up. As in its its own independent harness, no wiring, just plug it in. If you aren't confident with these sorts of installs whatever but you could see black and white and do this install.

Google man, any shop near you will do a headlight install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.