Mustang Evolution Forum banner

anymore HP mods

2K views 22 replies 5 participants last post by  Neuron 
#1 ·
Hello all

My hubby and i are about to finish assembly of our project. Are there anymore hp mods out there n/a? here is what we have motor-wise etc

stock block/ internals
JLT cold air
ported 78mm bbk combo
pi intake (tried tfs streetburner and lost power)
cms stage 3 cam
TFS 38 cc heads
kooks 1 3/4 LT,
off road x kooks
custom flowmaster super 10 catback
stewart emp water pump
mmr lightened power steering pulley
steeda udp
frpp alum driveshaft
mmr billet cam spacers
gt40 rockers

any other hp mods out there??

thx in advance

See less See more
#2 ·
That's about it... Should be pretty damn quick if its tuned properly and you have enough fuel to keep it happy to 6500+rpm.

I'd honestly go with the eddy intake tho to support the high RPM this thing will spin. And then throw a 100 shot onto it for track days.

You would have also been faster with a very basic Vortech setup...

#3 ·
Better spray it. Good little mod list, did you go with the TF heads to skimp by on not having to have valve reliefs ?

A nice set of 12.5 cr worthy pistons and ported PI heads with a eddy would have been a sick little setup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#4 ·
thanks all, with stock heads and a stage 2 cam, car was 12.69@109 and 287hp/302 tq. this was all na with 200k miles on the engine

had then did the tfs streetburner, and lost 20 lbs of torque, so put the stocker back in.

Now, putting this $400 block in with 6k miles, the new heads n cams, and other goodies, shootin for 11s na and full interior

#6 ·
Guys usually are idiots like that. I've met/dated/been friends with women who could drive the **** out of a manual transmission. Gender has 0 to do with it but def use that to your advantage lol.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#7 ·
And post some pics of this beast too!

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#8 ·
lol yea. Got the heads on this morning at like 5a. My man had to help me bring the head bolts to spec lol.

Its so funny because when I raced, all the guys are like " is that an auto? you have nitrous or any boost? oh crap its a girl lol. I havent raced at the track since 12/2012 just before we got preg with our last child, but decided to pick it back up.

I raced almost 300x from 09-12, and most of the races are on youtube. Just search Candi . Shows my journey from 16s to 12s. probably the last 10 vids are in the 12s. Crappy cam tho lol

i will post up on here when the build and dyno is done, and will have go-pro etc and better vids:)

#9 ·
******* nice... you'll be one of like 5 ppl on this forum that actually drag race regularly lol.

#13 ·
gotcha. other mods are upr k member and coilovers, strange 10 ways ff/rr, bbk uca lca, 410s, 31spline diff, moser axles, removed front sway bar, quad shocks, dog bone, race star 15s with hoosiers and skinnies. Last 10 or so races were after installing kooks LTs amd the upr k member, but sure enough were 12 sec time slips:)

#14 ·
so for what its worth the car was a 13.9 @101 approx before cams, low 13s after the anderson n22 cam and dyno tune, and then 12.7ish average after the kooks and upr k member. It was really after the k member weight savings that i was consistant in the 12s

#16 ·
Don't need a lot of power to run 12s. Ppl think you need a ton. Cammed cars with stock heads and intake and a good driver with gears and bolt ons/tune/suspension can run low 12s all day.

#17 ·
i agree scottie, thats exactly it, stock head, full bolt on and cam, sticky tires, and a powershiftin driver mod:) a lot of guys told me in the beginning to put a blower on and be done etc... i always liked running the times i did N/a and beating a good bunch of guys with nitrous, blowers etc. i dont claim to be above all of course, but its fun beating cars that "by the numbers" shouldnt be able to beat etc, ya know? i dont know how it is in other states, but inCentral FL, the average new edge or sn95 average street cars are running 14s, high 13s at best

#18 ·
Yep, at least its easy to spot the internet racers who think you need 400hp to run 12s. Not ragging on anyone... but 12s aren't fast. Low 11s are when you just start getting "fast" unless your track is in the middle of damn nowhere.

#20 ·
cool cool yes, i agree, i was avg 98 mph before i got better at power shifting, and topped out at 101 before cams, then 106-107 after cam, and then 109 after k member etc, so i understand why you were skeptical at first. There was a guy here with a sn95, stock gear and no cams claiming he ran a 12.9, but had no proof; whenever we met at the track, he was avg 101-103 ish

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.