Mustang Evolution Forum banner

pitting around coolant passge

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  69ponyxprs 
#1 ·
so after many years the factory intake manifold failed, heater core outlet barb snapped. so now just swapping it for an aluminium one i picked up for a good price..

anyways my dilemma is there is pitting around the coolant passage closet to the thermostat on the cylinder head. it is large enough to not allow a proper seal (confirmed)

so just wondering if anyone has a recommendation of a fix short of machining or new heads. jb weld or rtv sealant ?

See less See more
#2 ·
I guess that it depends on how much time and money that you are willing to spend. To fix it correctly, the head will need to be removed and either resurfaced, or replaced.
As a temporary solution, I think that I would try using RTV sealant. I've been successful using it in similar situations.

#4 ·
its not worth it in my eyes to resurface or replace as i will go 4v once this motor says bye bye
.... having said that i was thinking jb weld high heat and some rtv grey may do the trick.... just curious if any other tricks

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.