Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Clutch Time!

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  arena314 
#1 ·
Heading to a car show last Saturday. Pulled up to a red light, push the clutch in, felt weird, let the clutch out and....SCREEEEEEEECCHHHHH....Gawd what a terrible sound....Clutch still holds but the TOB is done I assume with that sound. Still drove it there anyway, screeching the whole way. I've noticed it's been making strange sounds off and on for the last few months. Getting a repair estimate this evening. Made for an interesting entrance at the car show. Did get some sympathy from the Chevy guys though...:lol:

#3 ·
Exedy Mach 400 clutch and call it a day. Honestly the included Exedy TOB/Pilot is fine, they are an OEM supplier.

#4 ·
Same thing happened with my 01 on the way to work. Got a stage 2 exedy mach 400 clutch aluminum lightweight flywheel steeds cable firewall adjuster and aluminum quadrant. Been on the car about 4000 miles now with lots of high rpm shifting burnouts and some dyno time. Clutch feel is great definitely more firm then stock but doesnt feel like a workout I used all the bearings with the kit it never chatters or makes any noise and it bites very hard. Great clutch for the money and I'd buy it again

Sent from my SM-G965U using Mustang Evolution mobile app

#5 ·
They used a Sachs kit from what I understand is an OEM supplier. Threw in a transmission service as well and didnt charge me for it. The guy that manages the place has several Mustangs, kinda lucked into finding a good shop right down the road from me. All in all not bad for less than $700. 24 month, 24,000 mile warranty so I should be good. Man what a difference a new clutch makes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.