what do you guys weigh in at? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2004, 06:05 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
what do you guys weigh in at?

i couldn't figure out where to put this, but what do you guys weigh either normally or track weight, without driver?

my v6 is on the heavy side (3,150 w/o driver) and i've actually shaved a few pounds, along with having a t5 tranny. i dropped an 8.8 rear end and took the dog bone weight off, so that's only an extra 15lbs or so, plus i've replaced my power drivers seat for a manual rack, among other small things. i don't know what the deal is. i will analyze it more next time at the track and weigh each end to find my distribution.
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2004, 03:32 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

2715 on my Beast
Jayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2004, 05:34 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

what free mods have you done, and weighed, and deleted? the sites i have seen have inaccurate weights and aren't as helpful as real people, and the friends i do have that have done some dieting havne't weighed stuff and don't remember much.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2004, 12:36 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
I have no idea, I know GT convertables are already heavy, and with the added weight of the IRS rear end I am sure I am the heaviest of the heavy, plus I personally am stuck at 250 lbs, so I am a heavy riding stang, lol.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 12:43 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Hey Tire you could do what Debt Collector on 3.8 did and take the actual bumpers out from behind the bumper covers and delete the rear seat and go with dumps on the mufflers (removing the tail pipes), take sun visors out just wear sunglasses, Does your car have electric windows and door locks????
Old 04-29-2004, 03:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

this thread is old. race weight *car only* is 2,946lbs.

yes, i have power stuff. i haven't been able to find anyone who wants to mess with it and convert... i also have a GT bumper so i have to keep the tailpipes. rear seat delete is being worked on currently along with a redo of the center console. i'm trying to break into 2,800's without any expensive mods or parts besides skinnies on the front.

i'm not going to remove my bumper, it's my daily driver and dying i hear is bad for ET's.

i've found (with help from others) useless or replaceable brackets and stuff that can cut a few more lbs off. PM me if you want a walk through.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:34 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
i also have a GT bumper so i have to keep the tailpipes.
Well buying a Gt rear bumper was a bit hasty :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by tire
i'm not going to remove my bumper, it's my daily driver and dying i hear is bad for ET's.
HAHAHAHHA I did not say it was smart or do I recommend it but that it has been done and yes I totally agree death is bad for E.T's
Old 05-18-2004, 11:42 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
haha, not about to remove any bumpers, might add a real 4 point roll bar sometime, been thinking on that one for a good while now. No light bar for me, I want something that is going to do me some good if my vert somehow manages to flip over, and NO, I don't plan on doing a roll over, didn't plan on it when that 91 year old guy hit my Ranger Tboned and flipped it on its roof, but it still happed, funny feeling to be upside down swinging by your shoulder harness, imagine that in a convertable, duh huh, how much good would a light bar do ya?2:
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT