Drag Radials?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-04-2008, 02:33 PM   #1

Region: Missouri
Drag Radials??

I have 20s and its time for tires im tired of getting no launch i knowthe smart thing would to gt some 16s or something smaller but that takes a little mor money then wut i got but i was wonering with my 20s wut size of tire would be good?? like a 270/40?? im not sure on a good size for the back?
BAgee87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 08:05 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to 05RedDevil
Re: Drag Radials??

How wide are the wheels and what kind of power are you putting down?
Old 10-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #3
03 mustang GT

Region: Washington
Send a message via AIM to kcfan_2004 Send a message via Yahoo to kcfan_2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAgee87 View Post
I have 20s and its time for tires im tired of getting no launch i knowthe smart thing would to gt some 16s or something smaller but that takes a little mor money then wut i got but i was wonering with my 20s wut size of tire would be good?? like a 270/40?? im not sure on a good size for the back?
ok so what he ment to say was,

"I have 20s and they need new tires. Im tired of getting no launch and I know the smart thing would <b>BE</b> to get some 16s or something smaller but that takes a little <b>more</b> money than <b>what</b> I got but I was <b>wondering</b> with my 20s <b>what</b> size of tire would be good?? Like a 270/40?? Im not sure on a good size for the back?"

When the F*CK did illiteracy become so accepted in society??
kcfan_2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfan_2004 View Post

"I have 20s and they need new tires. Im tired of getting no launch and I know the smart thing would <b>BE</b> to get some 16s or something smaller but that takes a little <b>more</b> money than <b>what</b> I got but I was <b>wondering</b> with my 20s <b>what</b> size of tire would be good?? Like a 270/40?? Im not sure on a good size for the back?"

Since when did you become the ****ing judge of everyone? I leave the forums for a month or so, and come back to a ****ing prick like you. You know, sometimes when people type, they tend to think quicker than the words come out on the screen. Maybe your a Godsend and were blessed with mind over matter capabilities, but dude, seriously, you need to lay off. Just so happened I read your post about the debadging, and really.... well, you're an *******.

You don't have something decent to say (because I think we all could have filled in the missing linking verbs in there), don't say it at all then.

Sorry, in other words, you're a ******bag... carry on though...
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcfan_2004 View Post

when the **** did being suck an arrogant ******* come on this board? you seriouslly need to STFU. next time you post, please contribute to the site, and not make fun of the way people type. it's the internet, not everyone types perfect fukin grammer.

NOW to answer your question, Nitto just came out with some drag radials in 20" tires. 274/40 and i wanna say 305/35. 20's are not going to be the easiest thing to hook regardless, but a lil wider and softer tire is goin to be your best bet. Friend of mine has a saleen s281 extreme, put down over 500 at the wheels. stock rear size is the 275/40/20 and we went with a wider pirelli on the back and they hook ok. but the nittos would def be the best thing for hookin in that size.
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:41 PM   #6
Road Trip!

well......it seams my bud-ease have alredie cleered it up but im glad two cee that your highschool edukation has givin you sow much knowledge, dew yourself a favor and take sparkplugs advice, just STFU
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 01:43 PM   #7
03 mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
well......it seams my bud-ease have alredie cleered it up but im glad two cee that your highschool edukation has givin you sow much knowledge, dew yourself a favor and take sparkplugs advice, just STFU
Thank you jerrod for proving my point!
Old 10-05-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Road Trip!

my name is jarrod btw, quite a few people are getting tired of the ****ty comments
Old 10-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #9

i dont even think when i type i just do it i could careless if its perfect or correct im not trying to impress anyone but o well i dont pay any attention to people like you...

anyway yeh i was reading up on the nittos and i was leaning towards them... eventually i will get some wheels to throw on just for the stip but right now i just have the wheels i bought with the car 245/40zr20 ventus sport k104 tires and they just spin with no hook what so ever.

my car runs really strong never had it dynod and i only have hear say on whats done to it and thats from the dealer i got it from. i have yet to contact the previous owner but i do know when i went in it was running open headers and they had to throw a exhaust on b4 they could sell it to me and it will make a stock gt just look stupid it just doesnt feel stock. ohhh and it was supposably set up for the strip b4 it was brought in. so im in the dark on it and basicly im just treating it like its stock and replacing stuff on it slowly till i get all of what i want on it.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:33 PM   #10
03 mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAgee87 View Post
i dont even think when i type i just do it i could careless if its perfect or correct im not trying to impress anyone but o well i dont pay any attention to people like you...

anyway yeh i was reading up on the nittos and i was leaning towards them... eventually i will get some wheels to throw on just for the stip but right now i just have the wheels i bought with the car 245/40zr20 ventus sport k104 tires and they just spin with no hook what so ever.

my car runs really strong never had it dynod and i only have hear say on whats done to it and thats from the dealer i got it from. i have yet to contact the previous owner but i do know when i went in it was running open headers and they had to throw a exhaust on b4 they could sell it to me and it will make a stock gt just look stupid it just doesnt feel stock. ohhh and it was supposably set up for the strip b4 it was brought in. so im in the dark on it and basicly im just treating it like its stock and replacing stuff on it slowly till i get all of what i want on it.
Well it was kind of supposed to be a joke, however I see it offended several people. My bad for even saying it, I shouldnt have.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

245/40/20? damn, i guess so they don't hook. put a wider and better tire on there. will def make a big difference. a lil more sidewall would help as well
Spark Plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:15 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

If you are worried about hooking, the 20s have to go. There is just not enough sidewall there to hook. Going wider isn't going to make much of a difference without more sidewall.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:41 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, sounds like the wheels are more for looks and probably 20x8 all around. That kindof sucks for performance. If you want nittos, which most people do, lol. I'd get the 555's if inclement weather is not an issue; however, if you drive on the street 99% of the time and deal with rain and such then the invo's would be a better choice.
I have 20x10.5 in the rear with 315/35R20's. And 35% of 315 isn't bad at all as far as sidewall goes.
My question about power was actually referencing how much you plan to make because good tires for a 300hp car are (usually) different than good tires for a 400 hp car
Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #14
Road Trip!

even just a wider tire will improve your traction, and if you go with a nt 555R then itll be alot better
Old 10-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah, the NT55R's will be awesome for warm/dry traction but that is why I'm asking about his normal driving habits and road conditions because those things get pretty poor traction in the rain/ cold
Old 10-07-2008, 02:47 PM   #16

well i live in springfield missouri we do get our spells of crazy weather and with winter coming up it will prolly be a bad idea plus i live on the bottom of a HUGE hill that is a pain to get up when it does snow.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #17

Region: Georgia

I have some 245/50/15 drag radials for sale or trade for computer stuff...
Crazyhorse347 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT