Mustang Evolution Forum banner

looking for some header gaskets.

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Black00GT 
#1 ·
GOing to get longtubes in a few weeks and want to get some new gaskets that are good. where should i get them, and what kind?

#2 ·
You can probably just use a set of Ford manifold gaskets, but if you buy a new set of long tubes they should come with gaskets I would think. At least you don't have the problem Automatic guys have with long tubes, they don't make many brands that will fit on automatic cars, and I think they are a lot more expensive. I think I will just stay with my stock cast iron manifolds, if I was going to do headers at all I would go with SS FMS shorties. A lot of trouble to install long tubes or any headers, and as I said long tubes for autos are scare, and high.

#3 ·
well longtubes are better than shorties. and i'm not scared of the install. i know that it will be a PITA but it will be well worth it. I'm going to get bbk and i heard that the gaskets that come witht hem suck. i found a set of copper ones for 19.50 that are better than stock. But i could only find that one set. might as well get good ones so they will bever have to be reaplaced. I'm also going to get a good set of loking header bolts. so that i won't ever have to retighten them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.