gt donor car - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2004, 02:49 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Region: Virginia
Send a message via AIM to oaktonarcher
gt donor car

well i might be able to get a gt donor car here really soon. and i have been thinking about making mine a v8. and i wanted to kno how hard is it if I have the whole car to pick parts from. im thinking I need the fuel stuff, the 8.8, the comp harness, and the engine and there is prolly more but i think im going to find and artical on how to do this so i should kno shortly. is it really hard? has any one ever done it? thanks for the help

Delta Sigma Phi
building better men since 1899

Originally Posted by Brent View Post
You still have a quote in your sig from a guy that hasn't signed in in almost 2 years
oaktonarcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
The only thing I have seen close is the one on its for swapping in a 5.0, so its going to be a bit different, but it will give you the general idea of what would be necessary. Its a big job and doing it with a donor car and doing most of the work yourself would be the only way to do it without spending a total fortune on parts and labor! If you have a mechanically inclined friend that is willing to lend a hand that will help as well. Get ahold of as many Manuals pertaining to your car and the GT as you can find, these will also be valuable. Might be easier to take body parts from your car and fix the wrecked GT!

Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Originally Posted by Rick0636
Might be easier to take body parts from your car and fix the wrecked GT!
Thats exactly what I was thinking
'99 cobra 'vert
01mineralgrey6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT