Mustang Evolution Forum banner

a little electricial question for you guys???? someone help!!!!

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  WhiteStang99 
#1 ·
:confused: :confused: 2003 Ford Mustang GT

Electrical / Lighting Systems

Malfunction, happens always, always

And you said: "upgraded to blower, and built bottom end.
had cage installed, 8pt; went to pick up car and battery was dead. went to jump start my car, and then this happens.
Mach 460 Radio not working, it does get power, and you can adjust the time, and load and eject cd's, but the power will not turn on?
also windshield wipers will not move, press in on the switch to spray fluid, nothing. turn the switch to the different speed settings, nothing.
checked the fuses along the driver side dash all look to be in good shape?
also checked the fuses in the motor compartment all look good there also??
is there a central connection that these two units work off of?? that maybe was damaged during cage install? or maybe when we were jumping the battery?
also tested a few fuse locations for power, and they read as if they wern't getting any? then all of a sudden they are good..

where should i look for maybe a short? or the junction where the two problem areas come together??

radio, and wipers that is.... thanks"

See less See more
#3 ·
theres a wiper relay in the engine compartment, but there's no good way to test that. You said you pulled all those fuses, including the Maxi fuses correct? If they were all good, I would go back to where you had that cage installed and tell them I wanted my damn car fixed.

#5 ·
id start by checking all the areas where the cage was mounted. A bolt may have been drilled through some factory wiring thats causing this. Could possibly even be speaker wire or something like that which is causing your whole system to ground out or something. Good luck finding the source though :(

#6 ·
humm....

sounds like i'm in for some fun....
all the cage was welded, no burn't lines, or anything like that and no warrenty on the car now past it's mileage....

i'm gonna get pissed about this here before too long.... haha, well any sugestions on where to start other then "trace all the wires" cause there are like 10,000 wires you could trace.....

any better leads would be great!!! :cool:

is there a particular place to trace the wipers from??? i mean does it run on it's own circuit? or does it share with others????

any help would be great!!

#7 ·
i called ford... they said GEM Module?....

they said it could have had a power surge that messed up part of the mother board, and that is my problem???

the GEM is the "general electronics module"...for a easy description ... the fuse panel under the drivers side of the dash....

what you guys think?

#10 ·
Geeze you guys must have a lot of problems with Ford Dealerships down here.

Mustangs are notorious for a wiring connector in the driver side lower hinge pillar coming loose. The wiring for the radio runs through this and I cant remember if it is just the wiring that comes loose or the entire connector. So start there.

Mustangs dont have Gem modules so whoever you talked to was guessing.

Did they have the steering column out at all? The multifunction switch that mounts on the side of the column that controls the wipers is also famous for pins coming out of the connectors. you would have to take the column shrouds off to check. Other than that make sure for some reason the wiper motor hasnt come unplugged. Cant remember if they run a separate governor for the wiper speed or not.

hopefully that at least points you in the right direction

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.