need answer - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo
Cool need answer

ok so i got the call from sk speed and they had told me that my mac o/r h pipe is on back order and wont get it for another month and a half but they said i can switch the order to get the mac prochamber, its like anohter 90 bukks or so and im willing to shell it out cuz i do like the sound of it (looked up some youtube viedos lol) but i just wanted to hear ur guys opionon on the matter and i have to call them back this week to let them now wat im going to do
thanks very much in advance for replies
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: need answer

How much were they charging you?

PM Atomic Performance about these pipes. He could save you some money plus he has free shipping and a discount for evo members.

If atomic doesn't have it, contact these guys...they might could save you some money on both options:

MAC : Lethal Performance
Old 12-16-2008, 08:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

i already but a deposit on the order, and they the same prics for the mac lethal performance site and they only charged me like 10 bukks for shiping so it aint terrible i just wanted to know if anyone knows and downsides for the pro chamber or really just anything about them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I'm using a prochamber on my 92... I like the sound, fit is pretty decent

I'd post a video, but hard to compare a 4.6 to a 5.0 soundwise...
Old 12-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if its on back order they should give you 100% of your money back
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Spec is right they should give you your money back.

for your question the Pro Chamber is a much better set up an H-pipe only functions under 3k RPMs and the pro chamber will give you a little better sound.

I'm running a catted X-pipe on stock exhaust manifolds, but I'm about to order the MAC long tubes and a Pro Chamber mid pipe

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

alright literally just got off the phone with sk and they said they gonna give me the pro chamber for like 250 which is like 10 or 20 bukks then wat they are normally so they changed the order so i should be able to pick them up bye next tues he said cuz they gotta ship from cali or something so hopefully bye next week ill have a new exhaust sound and if im able to go to the lake george trip youll all be able to here the set up with the long tube headers pro chamber and the borla's thnx everyone for the assistance
Old 12-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

^^^ No, you mean when you go to the lake george trip
Old 12-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

im going unless i deploy. lol
bout how much should save up? you better go i need my twin

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:04 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

For just the lake george portion, you should only need maybe $400-500 depending on the price of gas at the time.

The rooms should come out to be around $80-100 per person TOTAL for the 3 nights in lake george. Food will run about $100-200 for all 4 days as we won't be hitting the high priced joints like we did this past year unwittingly.

If you do the Niagara portion as well, add in a couple hundred for food and to put towards the room.

All in all, I think for $1000 total room and board and gas a great time could be had....but you won't need that much to still enjoy yourself.

it cost brent and I about $300-350 total for gas round trip....that was going from baton rouge to rochester to toronto to niagara to rochester to baton rouge. It was just over 4k miles.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

that isnt too bad i should be able to swing that.

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I put a better write up in the Lake George thread when I realized this was a total hijack. lol

It has a better break down of what to expect costs to be.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT