What To Do! What To Do! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

View Poll Results: What To Do! What To Do?
DO I Procharge? If the deal is right...im cheap 17 80.95%
Do I Style it out with ground effects, bar, etc. 3 14.29%
Or Do I Do Nothing! 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-09-2004, 07:00 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

What To Do! What To Do!

Let me know what y'all think!

Ted

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible Silver w/ Black Leather and Mach 460 Automatic
Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots
Sound: Alpine CDA-9835, Infinity Reference Comp.

Power Tour 2005 Here I Come!
Funky4.6VERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24
Good luck procharging it for cheap. I'm planning on doing that in the spring and I doubt you will get it done right (with a tune) for under $3500 (probably gonna be at least $4000)

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:33 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
looks are everything
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 07:34 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

If I can pickup a new kit for 2800-2900 plus upgrade fuel pump $400 and tune $500-$600.that shouldn't be to bad. i didn't mean super cheap but I have some things i am selling to partially fund the project.

Performance:Magnaflow Exhaust, Transgo Shift Kit,Modified Air Box Looks: Grille delete, 17x9 polished 95 Cobra R's, New GT Hood Scoop, Billet Shift knob, Custom Shift Boots

Old 08-09-2004, 08:24 PM   #5

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6
Id say charge that beast if the price is right
Old 08-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh, and so what about looks if ya can't back it up :p

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 08-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon
a gt should be able to back up most looks
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Old 08-10-2004, 01:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Send a message via AIM to tealstangman
go with a kennybell sc
Show:18x10 & 18x9 Bullitt Deep Dish Chrome Wheel's
295/35/18 & 265/35/18 Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's
tinted windows, billet grill
tealstangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:43 AM   #9
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
I second the Kenny Bell Supercharger idea... http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge.../gt96-03_2.htm
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 10:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Dragon_Lady
Charge it.

Your ride is already hot :worship: ... Charge the *****
Just my oh so humble opinion.
All Stock! getting ready for some minor mods: tinting, new bumper and/or bodykit, 3:73 gears, underdrive pullies, tires (they're getting bad) considering new rims. Oh ya- gonna chip it. Thanks for all your suggestions and time answering my questions guys!
Dragon_Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:39 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

KB=more $$$$$$!
and thanks Dragon Lady, sounds like yours isn't too bad, either!

Ted

Old 08-14-2004, 02:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon
looks are everything
Sounds about right from a V6

Go with performance unless you want to make your stang look like a ricer
Old 08-14-2004, 02:25 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I am leaning toward the procharger still however all of the suspension goodies and clean looking Ground effects never hurt anything either. Performance can be much more than just overall horsepower. I don't have a dragstrip very close or a raceway so it is just me competing with my own ego on this one. BTW, i don't think style or having a V6 has to be grouped in the ricer category. I am sure you didn't mean it that way but I thought I would elaborate, anyway!

Old 08-14-2004, 02:29 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottEvil
Sounds about right from a V6

Go with performance unless you want to make your stang look like a ricer
i was messing because i knew he had a slightly modded gt so he should add some nice visual stuff too it all depends on his preferance, a sc would be wicked cool too tho
Old 08-14-2004, 02:38 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

I am always sticking up for v6 stangs. I was schooled in the pushrod dept. so I am more familiar with them anyway. I really like things that are different or unique, not that you can't drive 5 minutes without seeing a mustang. it's just standing out in the crowd that makes cars cool. 300-400 horse v6 stangs are cool. so are gt and cobras. It just gives props to the V6 guys who can invest that much money and smarts into doing it. I think some of the most unique cars with goofy powerplants are cool. Fieros with twin turbos or SBC conv.'s or Grand National's even SVO stangs. They dare to be different and that is what makes them cool!

Ted

Old 08-14-2004, 02:56 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky4.6VERT
I am always sticking up for v6 stangs. I was schooled in the pushrod dept. so I am more familiar with them anyway. I really like things that are different or unique, not that you can't drive 5 minutes without seeing a mustang. it's just standing out in the crowd that makes cars cool. 300-400 horse v6 stangs are cool. so are gt and cobras. It just gives props to the V6 guys who can invest that much money and smarts into doing it. I think some of the most unique cars with goofy powerplants are cool. Fieros with twin turbos or SBC conv.'s or Grand National's even SVO stangs. They dare to be different and that is what makes them cool!

Ted
well said, exactly my thoughts on cars, gets boring seeing the same old plain cars every day!
Old 08-14-2004, 02:59 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I'm glad you hear me knockin!

I love being around cool cars on the road, makes you feel good that there are other people out there as nuts as you are!

Ted

Old 08-14-2004, 03:36 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I am not dissing v-6 stangs, just teasing falcon, but I do feel that that body-kits do not contribute to the performance of the car other than add weight2: and make the car look ghetto, but that is just my opinion. Go with hp, the sleeper look is the in thing
Old 08-14-2004, 03:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

I think the mustang is pretty nice from the factory, but to me a Roush Stage III or Saleen is Sexy. I agree that most kits are just for looks and weight, however Jack Roush And Steve Saleen engineered theirs for aerodynamics and cooling, as well. I can see you have a great looking stang and I like to think that mine is nice, too. But a good looking kit never hurt anyone. If I was a hardcore drag racer, I would think differently, though.

Ted

Old 08-18-2004, 07:31 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Junior2561
the KB is the best buy....For 3800 shipped, it comes with everything you need to run the kit perfectly. All you have to buy are $96 plugs, and two guauges off of eBay. IOf you shop around right. You can be Charged for less money, be making less boost [easier on the internals], but more power. Procharger takes 8psi to make the same power as a 6psi KB kit. Now when you upgrade to the 1400 intercooler and 9psi pulley, you are in the 400rwhp range. You can only go higher with the KB.
Junior2561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:15 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Before I would try to go to 400rwhp I think I would go to a Cobra crank and I beam rods and forged pistons.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:23 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sorry, but I am a firm believer in building up your engine before you blow it and blow it up. Guess I just had too many Automotive courses. Stock engines aren't built to handle boost man!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:01 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

it depends on how much boost you go with. 6-8 lbs is pretty safe on a stock 4.6

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 08-18-2004, 12:39 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
get the supercharger mustangs look nice already they just need a drop and some rims and you already have rims so get the supercharger
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:49 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

yep, and 350 rwhp = worlds of fun!

-Adolf Hitler, 1935
Old 08-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah, too many people love what they get with that 6 or 8 lbs of boost and think, wow, I could go with a smaller pulley and get a lot more! Yeah, they can too, for a little while, til something goes boom! That is why I say its better to build the engine first and be safer.
Old 08-18-2004, 03:06 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

I understang the differences in the centrifugal vs a roots and the way the cars react to them however, other than overall power for more money, what does the kb offer that the procharger. I could understand if it has more features completeness wise when it comes to the kit so please share!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT