4.6 2V to 4V - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
4.6 2V to 4V

I was woundering if any one has turned their 1996 to 2004 Mustang 4.6L 2V SOHC into a 4V DOHC, then bored and stroked it. If this was to be done what kind of HP will be gained or does this matter on what kind of heads and other goodies are added. I was also woundering if this will be very expensive.
SVTCOBRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Re: 4.6 2V to 4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTCOBRA View Post
I was woundering if any one has turned their 1996 to 2004 Mustang 4.6L 2V SOHC into a 4V DOHC, then bored and stroked it. If this was to be done what kind of HP will be gained or does this matter on what kind of heads and other goodies are added. I was also woundering if this will be very expensive.
it's not that easy or cheap find a donor car if you can .you'll need heads, a complete intake, brakets, exhaust system, coolant system, air intake system, computor and wiring harness's and a large bottle of asprins

here's a guy that was on ESPN2 talking about his 2V block with DOHC heads here's link to his shop he might answer your question Home page

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

im taking my 2 valve car and installing a 5.4 4 valve engine. its the same concept, the heads will swap onto the 2v block, ull have to get the secondary tensioners and chains , etc. the primaries should work with the 4v as well, and u can actually use the computer and tune it to run a 4v. as far as the harness, its all about if u are gonna run coil packs or cop's-coil on plug set up. like herbstang said, u will need the coolant crossover tube, intake and few misc. stuff. it has been done, but u will have to do a lil research on a few things. imo, id buy the teskid block out of a mark VII, its a 4v and the block is bulletproof. u can pick one up fairly cheap.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by modular2valve View Post
im taking my 2 valve car and installing a 5.4 4 valve engine. its the same concept, the heads will swap onto the 2v block, ull have to get the secondary tensioners and chains , etc. the primaries should work with the 4v as well, and u can actually use the computer and tune it to run a 4v. as far as the harness, its all about if u are gonna run coil packs or cop's-coil on plug set up. like herbstang said, u will need the coolant crossover tube, intake and few misc. stuff. it has been done, but u will have to do a lil research on a few things. imo, id buy the teskid block out of a mark VII, its a 4v and the block is bulletproof. u can pick one up fairly cheap.
Just have a TEKSID block and some 4V heads in my garage that I'd be willing to part with.
Jim

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT