WOOT!!! Intake Manifold has been ordered - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
WOOT!!! Intake Manifold has been ordered

WOO HOO!!!! Got my taxes today so I went ahead and ordered my upper intake and the plenum I'll need....

Hoping to have the car back together around my birthday (The 17th)...it all depends on whether my headers and valve covers come back from coating in time.
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Re: WOOT!!! Intake Manifold has been ordered

No more forced induction....
Old 02-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Going for traction at the track instead.

I can't hook at the track, so, I'm making it so that I will be able to.
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2009, 10:39 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Fair enough. But isnt your car gonna drop from 500hp to around 300hp?
Old 02-06-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

With what I'm doing, I'm expecting about 375ish.

Ported heads, ported lower, cams, track heat upper, headers, and the tune. I might not hit the 375 mark with the 8.5 compression I currently have....so I will probably pull the motor and replace the pistons with some higher compression ones later.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Nice. Sounds like something i wanna do to mine.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

this for the cobra?

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #8
Road Trip!

you are on crack!!!! instead of spending all that money, trade somebody for a drop in motor like ezell's, hell i the guy with my car will trade you, he will put whatever piston you want in it and you will have the saved weight of alum block, he has the motor out right now.you could prolly get the nitrous kit too.

dude, i thought you were kidding....i really have nothing else to say but
SimplyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDant! View Post
this for the cobra?
Yes.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyOrange View Post
you are on crack!!!! instead of spending all that money, trade somebody for a drop in motor like ezell's, hell i the guy with my car will trade you, he will put whatever piston you want in it and you will have the saved weight of alum block, he has the motor out right now.you could prolly get the nitrous kit too.

dude, i thought you were kidding....i really have nothing else to say but
But I like my motor and I know the history of my motor, so I trust my motor more.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

ill take the blower off ya.... call it payment for the service i provide to the country lol

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:26 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

what happened to the KB?

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #13
Road Trip!

rob call me befroe you spend all that money on yours, i have a deal that will save you money and you will still have peace of mind.with a brand new aluminum motor
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
rob call me befroe you spend all that money on yours, i have a deal that will save you money and you will still have peace of mind.with a brand new aluminum motor
you can get deals on built motors?

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 02-06-2009, 11:33 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
what happened to the KB?
It was just too much really and I really want to get the car back running. I thought about it and I don't really need 600 at the ground...hell, the 500 I had was over kill really.

And Jarrod, all the stuff has already been ordered and parts have been shipped for the various services (porting, coating, etc).
Old 02-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
It was just too much really and I really want to get the car back running. I thought about it and I don't really need 600 at the ground...hell, the 500 I had was over kill really.

And Jarrod, all the stuff has already been ordered and parts have been shipped for the various services (porting, coating, etc).
I really think that's gonna be a mistake.

I still hope Jarrod answers my question as I will eventually need a new motor

Old 02-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #17
Road Trip!

yes, i got a few connections on motors, ill even build you one and drive it to you in a crate hell i even got another teksid aluminum block i can get ahold of

rob, you shisty bastard, i just looked at that intake (glanced the first time) thats still a blower intake unless you have some super strange plenum going on.

if you REALLY are going N/A, i have a buyer for all the blower stuff like heat exchanger/intercooler/tanks
Old 02-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
yes, i got a few connections on motors, ill even build you one and drive it to you in a crate hell i even got another teksid aluminum block i can get ahold of

rob, you shisty bastard, i just looked at that intake (glanced the first time) thats still a blower intake unless you have some super strange plenum going on.

if you REALLY are going N/A, i have a buyer for all the blower stuff like heat exchanger/intercooler/tanks
hmmmmm.... but I don't have a place here to put it in... or the tools. I'm thinking maybe in the fall dropping one in. I'm wanting on that's ~1000 hp safe with low compression pistons. I have to get my TrickFlow heads first

Old 02-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
Road Trip!

let me build it and have it ready then, itll take me a weekend to do a swap.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:

It's the trickflow track heat intake....and it takes the trickflow penum.

The blower sold and shipped last week.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #21
Road Trip!

what about all the supporting blower stuff?.like lower, and intercooler and stuff, also what are you doing for a timing cover?
Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Timing cover? Don't tell me I'm gonna have to replace that too? I figured mine would be fine. For the lower intake I pick one up off a guy selling his 01 cobra intake. He assured me it would work.

The IC went with the blower, the H/E is still on the car right now, but will obviously be removed along with the pump and rest of the plumbing.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #23
Road Trip!

ok, nevermind then, i cant wait to punch you and run like hell next time i see you.i hope i can make it to my bike before you catch me.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:57 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I'm sure you can, although you are hobbled...so...I might could catch you.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM   #25
Road Trip!

i can run now, im almost fully healed....my knees that is, the mental thing is still here

i say pics or BS :bs::liar:

and if you provide pics then :badidea::stupid:

Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 PM   #26
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I'll post pics up when all the parts get here. I should have them all by mid next week.

In the mean time...here is how my car is sitting in the car port as we speak

Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
Road Trip!

upon completion of this project you forfeit all rights to pick on kyle about backing out of the turbo deal.....and yall will be running close to the same track timebe ready for some high 13 sec passes
Old 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #28
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

How is kyle going to get into the high 13's?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #29
Road Trip!

i thought you sent the heads out....i call blower upgrade!!!

wouldnt it just be cheaper to buy slicks and use the power you were making? i swear your starting to piss me off lol, if you downgraded like that im ragging you FOREVER for being a puss.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #30
Road Trip!

idk, you wont run it your first couple of times lol, i forgot you had a vert. welcome to low 14s lol, i think hes tossing around the nitrous idea.that car only gets driven on rainy days now, not even his primary anymore.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:29 PM   #31
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

The date on those pics is last weekend when Louis and I removed the eaton.

The valve covers and heads and my headers have all been sent out. The VC's are being powder coated redfire by Action Powder Coating in NM ( Albuquerque Powdercoating by Action Powdercoating ). The heads are at Nazty Performance ( Nazty Performance -Your Source! ) being ported and having the custom ground cams installed. My headers are at Jet Hot getting coated.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
let me build it and have it ready then, itll take me a weekend to do a swap.
how much would that motor cost? I'm talking... 5.0 or 5.4 built to ~1000 hp safe levels, low compression pistons... perhaps some other upgrades as seen fit. The short block "might" find a home next fall?

Old 02-06-2009, 03:52 PM   #33
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Call Boss330 and they can get you the costs...or check out lethal's website.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:58 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

for people wanting to know what drove Rob to do this is that he has zero traction on the street and last week before he pulled the car apart. him and I were playing around in the cars racing from street shop light to stop. and I was killing him out the hole and beating him everytime. unless it was a long distance. and we came to the answer that all the power in the world is useless if you can't get it to the ground, and the fact that the car we be a lot more streetable now makes it the best answer. because he is building the 81 fox to go fast he wants the cobra for crusing.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #35
Road Trip!

sra and slicks cost about the same money though, and a few driving skills and itll be untouchable.

depends what you wanna do, you can price those guys and order all your own parts or order an assembly line built crate engine filled with foreign debris..but i can probably beat the price of either of those options.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT