Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Getting new brakes

2K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  Mustangfan2003 
#1 ·
Pads and rotors when my income tax money comes in. Wanting Hawk pads and Powerslot rotors. Just on the front now since my rear pads still have a lot of life left but might put new rotors on the back later to make it look right.

#8 ·
What model of Hawk pads are you looking at getting?

#9 ·
i was thinking about the HPS pads. i have a set of bendix pads on the front of the car now and since they have a lifetime warranty i will order the pads at advance auto and just pay the difference. as for the rotos i guess they will run around $200 total so i'm looking at around $250.

#10 ·
yea you can get mach 1 or cobra take offs for cheap, just need lines, rotors, pads (maybe not lines)

I sold my stock fine calipers for 75 bucks (front only)

#14 ·
the GT needs the lines from the M1 front brakes. I'm still riding around on stock rear brakes... in the 3 years I've owned the car, I've never changed the rear brake PADS even... (still no squeaking or anything)

#12 ·
Good call on the Hawk HPS pads...they are a good "aggressive" street pad without being too much...

I run Hawk HP Plus pads on my Mustang, and I was going to tell you to stay away from them unless you do a lot of autox or track duty...HP Plus pads have incredible bite to them once they get hot (i.e. heavy duty use on a track), but they are terribly noisy and dust like no pads youve ever seen for normal/cold street use...My mustang is pretty much used 95% for autox and track use so I sacrificed the street durability and quietness for the agressive stopping power...

#13 ·
well i got everything in today except for one rotor, will be in Monday. Did a little bit of reading on the brakes and it looks like a lot i got to do to break them in. The rotors came with some info too hope i don't screw this up.

#18 ·
well i finally got the brakes changed over. i forgot to take pics to do a how to though. anyways the brakes stop pretty great. they don't make hardly any noise at all. i have to turn off the radio and listen very carefully to notice anything. my front rotors were pretty shot but now the car feels a lot smoother. i don't know about dust yet since i just put them on and the car is already pretty dirty from the snow.

#19 ·
i just had new front break pads and rotors put on my car 3 days ago. costed almost exactly $100 i cannot remeber the brand of the rotors or pads as i ordered them through the parts department at work(i get pretty good discounts), but i was told that these pads were "very good". anyway there not factory pads or rotors and they seems ALOT better then my prior. havn't noticed any major break dust like my old ones. where do you guys usally order ur pads?

#20 ·
i ordered the rotors from a local speed shop and the pads at advance auto because i had already got a set of lifetime warranty pads there so i turned my old ones in and paid the difference.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.