Lookinf for some bassinis!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-13-2004, 11:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to StangGt804 Send a message via Yahoo to StangGt804
Lookinf for some bassinis!!

Well my first mod im going with is the exhaust system. But which is better, the off-road or reg. bassini??//
StangGt804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
O/R pipes will give you a louder sound. The bassani's are quite loud just as a cat back alone. Add in the O/R pipes and you will be well over most sound limits (assuming they have one out there). The stock cat back alone I believe is 100+ decibles. I would go with the regular mid pipes since they will make it possible for you to pass inspection. If you want to be slick, you could try out both and just buy their 5 piece modular kit. This kit is an X-Pipe kit with removeable cats. It comes complete with the pipes to clamp in place of the cats turning it into an O/R pipe. It was quite the concept. I think that kit goes for about 750 or so. granted, that is just the mid pipes and you will still need to buy the cat back for another 750 or so.

Here you go chief:
-> Modular X-Pipe with cats AND off road pipes (the $498 one)
-> Stainless Cat Back kit
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Okay man ill go with the reg pipes then?? But what is that site you gave me with all the sound clips of exhausts??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2004, 12:09 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Check my update of my original post. And the link I gave you I believe was www.livingstonsoftware.com/MyPage/Cars (I think)
Old 10-13-2004, 12:15 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Yea i found it, that one above is for the cobras!! But i got though!!
Old 10-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #6
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

That's right...you go the GT. So you wanted the mustangexhaust.com site. Anyhow, the links for the bassani's I added to my first post are for the GTs...why I did those links and not the sound links beats me. But, about $1200 and you can do everything from the mid pipes back complete. Not too shabby if you ask me. And I think they had free shipping????
Old 10-13-2004, 01:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

whats this ss and bx version of the bassinis??
Old 10-13-2004, 01:47 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

BX is the cheap "economical" version of their proiducts. Instead of stainless steel parts, they are aluminized. They are the same product just made out of cheaper materials and could possibly rust out over time. I say for the couple hundred extra bucks, get the good stuff.
Old 10-13-2004, 01:49 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Is it worth getting the bassini headers too?? And will it change the sound of the exhaust?
Old 10-13-2004, 01:53 PM   #10
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
christ...

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 01:54 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Headers will make the system sound deeper and louder. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get the optimum length headers. If you have the cash, I say go for it. It will certainly help your performance. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I know 5.0 Mustangs and Super Fords did a comparison between all of the kits but I don't remember the exact numbers. I know there was a noticible gain. Basically, if you have the money, I say do it.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
christ...
What is up with you people?? Cant i ask questions!! Looks like smurfin is the only one who is helping me out here anyway!! Like we are on Instant Messenger or something. Im sorry I just got my favorite car yesterday and I wanna put the best stuff on it and I have questions about what I want put on!! GEEEZZ
Old 10-13-2004, 02:16 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Black95GT
I got Bassani SS Catback, if you want I can get you a Sound Clip.
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Black95GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:26 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangGt804
What is up with you people?? Cant i ask questions!! Looks like smurfin is the only one who is helping me out here anyway!! Like we are on Instant Messenger or something. Im sorry I just got my favorite car yesterday and I wanna put the best stuff on it and I have questions about what I want put on!! GEEEZZ
I think a lot of the frustration you cause is just that you have asked some very simple questions that could be answered by just searching a little. That's where all the Google is your friend stuff comes from.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 02:32 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

I only put the best stuff on my car
2003 DSG Cobra -2.2L KB, 60lbs Injectors, Single Blade TB, SCT2400 MAF, Kook's LT's, Kook's High-Flow Catted X-Pipe, Magnaflow CB, JLT RAI, MGW Short-Throw, H&R Race Springs, MM CC Plates, MM Bumpsteer, BF IRS Brace, BF Idlers, and AFS 18 Chrome Reps w/ R888s
Old 10-13-2004, 02:36 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Save you some money and get Dynomax Ultraflows or Magnaflows. They are both flow thru design and you will pick up some Hp in the process. With a GT both these Mufflers will give you a mean *** growl. Headers are OK but who is going to install them. It will cost you more to have them installed than the headers cost. If you are not somewhat experienced at working on cars with tools headers are a PITA
Old 10-13-2004, 02:42 PM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black95GT
I only put the best stuff on my car
I think this is the best response as to why to go with Bassani over Dynomax or maggies. Borla and Bassini, IMO, are the best money can buy. You will save some money with the others, but I have always thought maggies had a tinny sound to them. Just my .02
Old 10-13-2004, 02:49 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I think this is the best response as to why to go with Bassani over Dynomax or maggies. Borla and Bassini, IMO, are the best money can buy. You will save some money with the others, but I have always thought maggies had a tinny sound to them. Just my .02
Humm well all Porche, Dodge Vipers, and Roush up until 2002 use Dynomax Ultra flow SS mufflers. Dont confuse high price with performance or quality. In 23 years of building cars I have seen no better quality than Dynomax. That does not mean Bassani or Borla are not of equal quality, they are just not any better.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:55 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

I rather pay once for something good, than twice because I had to replace it.
Old 10-13-2004, 02:58 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

well SS Dynomax or Welded Dynomax are made just as good a Bassini or Borla.

I had Dynomax SS Ultraflows for 11 years on a Z-28 without any problems and I lived on the Gulf of Mexico with all the salt air and water
Old 10-13-2004, 02:59 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
One of the main reasons I don't have exhaust on my 6er yet is because I want the best stuff I can get. Sure, I could go out to autozone or something and buy some cheap mufflers and rig it all up, but I want it done right.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:00 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I think a lot of the frustration you cause is just that you have asked some very simple questions that could be answered by just searching a little. That's where all the Google is your friend stuff comes from.
No offense but I havent used google in like two years!! But Im going with Bassini's anyway! A sound clip would help though thanks!!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:07 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have to admit no matter what forum I go to there is always Muffler snobs that buy into the Bassani and Borla being the best crap. They are good but no better than most. DAMN it is a MUFFLER a ROUND or OVAL CAN WITH A PIPE ON EITHER END. Hell over at 3.8 they have legions of Spintech NAZI's who will swear they are they are better than God himself
Old 10-13-2004, 03:12 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

You will love Bassani's!
Old 10-13-2004, 03:13 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to kaper232 Send a message via Yahoo to kaper232
If not, give them to me, I will love them for you!!!!
kaper232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 03:14 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Here you go
Dynomax Ultra Flo Stainless Kit #19311 Sound clip on a 99 GT http://www.dynomax.com/audio/track03.wav
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UltraFloSS_FlowComparisonChart.gif
Views:	105
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	3813  
Old 10-13-2004, 03:19 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
man, my flowmasters suck, lol
Old 10-13-2004, 03:20 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

listen to this 1999 Ford Mustang Cobra W/4.6L DOHC V8 Eng., 5 SPD w/headers and x-pipe

http://www.dynomax.com/audio/track01.wav
Old 10-13-2004, 03:36 PM   #29
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

I don't know...I'm biased towards the bassani's. I just think the dynomax clips sound more manufactured sound rather than natural flow through sound. But, like I said, I am biased. Pretty much everyone has an opinion on mufflers. It is kind of like the whole mustang vs camaro vs the fastest internet car ever (AKA Civic). Everyone has their preference. I think the sound Stang is looking for is more Bassani based. It is the all out flow through type sound. In your face, I can't hear what you are saying when I am at WOT, type sound.

Those dynomax clips didn't sound real bad, but they just aren't up my alley. Based on the convo's I have had with Stang about various sounds and such, I am thinking he is looking for something like what I wanted when I was shopping. The Bassani's will definitely fill that desire for him.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:44 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
i am with Corey on this one, I have Dynomax muffs with custom pipe work (for now) and i love the sound.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:06 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
I don't know...I'm biased towards the bassani's. I just think the dynomax clips sound more manufactured sound rather than natural flow through sound. But, like I said, I am biased. Pretty much everyone has an opinion on mufflers. It is kind of like the whole mustang vs camaro vs the fastest internet car ever (AKA Civic). Everyone has their preference. I think the sound Stang is looking for is more Bassani based. It is the all out flow through type sound. In your face, I can't hear what you are saying when I am at WOT, type sound.

Those dynomax clips didn't sound real bad, but they just aren't up my alley. Based on the convo's I have had with Stang about various sounds and such, I am thinking he is looking for something like what I wanted when I was shopping. The Bassani's will definitely fill that desire for him.
What are you talking about Dynomax Borla and magnaflows are flow thru design there is no more raw or natural sound out there. Flowmaster, Flowpath and spintech are manufactured sound mufflers do to the baffles and chambers in the muffler which also reduce exhaust flow robbing power
Old 10-13-2004, 04:20 PM   #32
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
What are you talking about Dynomax Borla and magnaflows are flow thru design there is no more raw or natural sound out there. Flowmaster, Flowpath and spintech are manufactured sound mufflers do to the baffles and chambers in the muffler which also reduce exhaust flow robbing power
I was just stating how it sounded to my ears. It could be the mic quality in the recording or just the recording itself. It sounded like a fake sound to me. But again, that is how it sounded to MY ears. To other's ears, it could sound different. Again, like I said, I am biased, so that could also play a factor in it sounding like manufactured sound.

I am not bashing either Dynomax's or Maggies. No, I would never install them on any car of mine, but that is due to preference. Just like i would never buy a chevy product post 1973. Are they quality products? Probably. I know a lot of cobra/gt/and other car owners that swear by each. It is just that to my ear, I think they lack the sound of the Bassani and Borla. Will someone else think I am wrong? Certainly. You love the Dynomax's. They just don't sound right in those clips to me is all.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:30 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

You guys am I missing something for my performance list "to do"?? I got the exhaust,headers,intake, tb + plenum, pulleys, and fuel injectors, WHAT ELSE??
Old 10-13-2004, 04:38 PM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
some cams would be nice
Old 10-13-2004, 04:40 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to NJStang86
Can I have your takeoffs?
NJStang86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT