Heads, Cams, Intake - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Heads, Cams, Intake

Thinking of upgrading my motor with new heads, camshaft, intake manifold.
Now what Iam looking for is a decent package or what cams to use with https://www.patriot-performance.com/...&cat=30&page=1 and what intake manifold to use with those heads.
2kslvrgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 01:48 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve
Re: Heads, Cams, Intake

as far as heads id go with the newly released trickflows, they are pretty much the best u can buy and the same price pretty much as the patriot heads. i havent heard alot of good things from patriot either, and trickflow is really well known in the pushrod crowd. as far as intake, the factory pi intake actually holds up real well for what u are trying to do, but if wanting something different, the bullit intake would be my next choice.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I hear the Typhoon is not a good choice... so your other real option is the Bullitt. They are costly.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner View Post
I hear the Typhoon is not a good choice... so your other real option is the Bullitt. They are costly.
+1.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:20 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

You could always go with the trickflow track heat intake. That would probably work really well with the trickflow heads if you went that route.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

anyone know a decent place to order the trickflow heads from with some what fast shipping.
(also no one really touched the camshaft question, unless the trickflow heads are fully assembled and come with them?)
Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I don't off the top of my head, but here is the thread on another forum where they announced the release of them this year. I'd dig through it but I'm at work....it should say in there where to get them from.

I would be willing to bet Summit would have them because Summit also has the track heat intakes.

Get in Line! Trick Flow 2v heads coming! - ModularFords.com
Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

def wait for those trick flow heads if you can.
hawks05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

comp cams or hitech cams would be my choice.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Get custom ground cams for your application. They won't be much if any more than an off the shelf stage cam.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Summit is the place to go for TrickFlow stuff because they are actually owned by Summit.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:56 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to bobbyoooo

wat u guys thing about this... Trick Flow Specialties TFS-K51824075 - Trick Flow® Upper Plenum and Throttle Body Combos - summitracing.com

hijacked the thread woot
bobbyoooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I didnt order the trick flows and am going to give patriot perf 1 chance. I ordered the stage II heads (Windsor) and am going to see what they are like. Also went with "Patriot Performance Modular Ford Billet 233/237 .545"/.550" 113 lsa" cams. So who knows. Maybe Ill like them or maybe not.

Still not sure what Intake Manifold and Headers to go with though... I figured I might as well do the intake, heads,cams,headers all at the same time.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:13 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina

Have you considered the BBK LTs and the Typhoon Intake Mani?

im getting there.
DaDant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Cobra GT has some pics of the BBK long tubes in his gallery and based on those, I would never buy them. The giant dent they put in the one primary and then claim "It won't hurt performance" is enough for me to say no. It pinches off nearly half the diameter.

All his pics of it: Mustang Evolution - Cobra GT's Album: 2nd set of BBK headers

Old 03-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Id prefer not to go with BBK. Ive had a few bbk products and ended up just replacing this. For some reason all the parts they make just seem cheap and kind of crappy. (personal preference)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

actually cobra gt has a brand new intake for sale(typhoon), ud might want to pm him. i think he has kook headers for sale too.

Old 03-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

pmed him just awaitin response.

Ive heard bad things about typhoon. What would be better typhoon or the bullit intake manifold. As far as performance gains go
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan

let me know how the heads work out 4 u. I'm in the same boat.
2001 GT ragtop auto, K&N c.a.i., BBK 70 mm t.b., 1" spacer, Granetelli m.a.f.,Jet Power Shifter, BBK underdrive, Motive 3.90's, Mach 1 chin spoiler, Classic Concepts light bar, Pypes off road X pipe, cryogenic treated, cross drilled and slotted rotors - ceramic pads, SCT3 custom tune, more to come.
01 PR RAGTOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

ended up getting a Trick Flow Heat track intake manifold and now am still just trying to figure out what headers to go with.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT