So when is race day? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Just called l.a.c.r. and they only have a machine but they didn't say anything about being closed. They said they'd be open this Wednesday and Friday so I suppose I'll just call a week prior to the 25th and see what they have to say.

Because you don't have AIM I'm going to try to get my friend to join this forum just for the moment so you two can send pm's back and forth and get the information necessary to pass smog...is that cool?

And 20hp? Wow!
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by red herring
Just called l.a.c.r. and they only have a machine but they didn't say anything about being closed. They said they'd be open this Wednesday and Friday so I suppose I'll just call a week prior to the 25th and see what they have to say.

Because you don't have AIM I'm going to try to get my friend to join this forum just for the moment so you two can send pm's back and forth and get the information necessary to pass smog...is that cool?

And 20hp? Wow!
Sweet do that. Thanks for calling that was fast. i am doing that custom tune this next weekend.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 01:33 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Btw, this is the earliest I have ever seen you on here.
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2005, 01:38 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Js281GT
Btw, this is the earliest I have ever seen you on here.
No work today

But will be leaving soon to go to school. It sucks cause I'm usually on at night and you're usually on in the morning cause you use the computer at work.

Just for future reference you can go to lacr.net and they have some information on there. I didn't read anything when I just checked right now for the phone number though. It may say something about being closed. Who told you that it would be, or where did you get that information from?
Old 02-15-2005, 01:55 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Just a rumor. I don't believe her anyway. Her dad is the one with the 72 camaro 383 stroker. My goal is to beat him someday. He runs a 12.1 at pamona & a 13.1 at palmdale. Another fine example how awesome lacr is. lol I want to beat him without a supercharger. it is going to be very hard. If you could pass me (smog) I would be able to put in cams/longtubes & ported heads. I will almost be in the 11's n/a.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:59 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Btw, where do you work at?

Old 02-15-2005, 06:23 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

I work at a place called Accutemp. I basically install air conditioning units on residential/commercial. There are better jobs but it's my friends dads company so he's pretty lenient on what days I can have off when I say I want to go to school. Or even if I want to go to l.a.c.r. . We'll see about the latter. I'm only 19 though so this job isn't permanent (hopefully). Where do you work?

You have trouble passing smog with cams? My friend and I installed cams on his car just fine and he doens't seem to have any trouble with smog at all. The car wasn't a Mustang GT though, it was a 328is.

Funny how we basically have this whole thread to ourselves and nobody else responds
Old 02-15-2005, 06:41 PM   #43
Registered Member
Regular

Seriously, It is our thread. There was about 4 people or so from this site that wanted to go. If it is still on for March 25th (if kris is ready) I will start another thread or threads for the Lounge. I am sure I will know if people pass or not in the future. I just don't want to take the chance. Then I'll be screwed & broke. I heard of a place failing someone when they installed either the b303 cam or e303 cam. (street legal one)

Old 02-15-2005, 06:45 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Seriously, It is our thread. There was about 4 people or so from this site that wanted to go. If it is still on for March 25th (if kris is ready) I will start another thread or threads for the Lounge. I am sure I will know if people pass or not in the future. I just don't want to take the chance. Then I'll be screwed & broke. I heard of a place failing someone when they installed either the b303 cam or e303 cam. (street legal one)
I'll try to talk Kris into it and I just emailed my father. If you do start another thread don't start it until the beginning of March. I don't want it to die down before we start going. It's gotta be in it's peak maybe a week or week and a half before we go. Any other time where you can meet up and shoot some video?

By the way, how old are you?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:54 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

I can any weekend. I just want to get it more setup for road racing first. Like my sub frames, caster cambers, & my bilsteins.

Old 02-15-2005, 06:57 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

How far away in time/miles are we? I'm not too good with geography.

And how old are you?
Old 02-15-2005, 06:59 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
And how old are you?
hahaha..i think you've ended all of your posts here lately with that...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 07:06 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
hahaha..i think you've ended all of your posts here lately with that...
but still no answer But if he's like 30 he's not gonna want to hang out and make video with a 19 year old kid...
Old 02-15-2005, 07:07 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
but still no answer But if he's like 30 he's not gonna want to hang out and make video with a 19 year old kid...
Esp not no bimmer driving 19 year old kid...j/k
Our's:
Old 02-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

I am 25 & I have a 2.3 inch wiener. j/k, no I am 25 & I am a Gemini.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

I don't care how old you are. I am the most imature person on this site. Wow someone else posted on this thread.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:10 PM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Esp not no bimmer driving 19 year old kid...j/k

I'll take the catalina then...haha
Old 02-15-2005, 07:16 PM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

Post, I will see ya manana.

Old 02-15-2005, 07:39 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I don't care how old you are. I am the most imature person on this site. Wow someone else posted on this thread.
Haha, I figured i'd throw in my 2 cents in this thread lol
Our's:
Old 02-15-2005, 11:34 PM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Haha, I figured i'd throw in my 2 cents in this thread lol
that's what the forum is for!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yes i know but you both seemed to be owning the thread...so I figured I'd break up the little chat room
Our's:
Old 02-16-2005, 01:33 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Ya three pages by ourselves is pretty bad. lol Hey I guess it make us more of a moderator.

Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM   #58
Registered Member
Regular

So uh, how old are you? Haha, jk. Check your pm's.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:45 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I did. I am gettin my drag radias soon. I am stoked. The nittos are gonna last sooo much longer than my bfg's. Does your dad have drag radials? I am putting them on another pair of rims I have layin around.

Old 02-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Hey red, I think it would be better to go to the racetrack the week after. I have been calling some people & my friend Seb can't go that weekend but he can go the weekend after. Someone told me of a good burger place right near it. I think we should meet there. I will get the name of it. Does that day sound good to you. Ask kris. My friend Seb has a 89 white GT. Fully illegal. Trickflow r intake/heads. he ran a 14.3 last time we were there. He is going to have a new cutom tune also. He is running really really rich. He also has an 03 cobra with modifications. he got it sponsored by eibach. He has a full coilover kit for free. Lucky bastard. I want him to bring the cobra, but I don't think he will.

Old 02-17-2005, 11:48 PM   #61
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Hey red, I think it would be better to go to the racetrack the week after. I have been calling some people & my friend Seb can't go that weekend but he can go the weekend after. Someone told me of a good burger place right near it. I think we should meet there. I will get the name of it. Does that day sound good to you. Ask kris. My friend Seb has a 89 white GT. Fully illegal. Trickflow r intake/heads. he ran a 14.3 last time we were there. He is going to have a new cutom tune also. He is running really really rich. He also has an 03 cobra with modifications. he got it sponsored by eibach. He has a full coilover kit for free. Lucky bastard. I want him to bring the cobra, but I don't think he will.
Well, I know I will have to work but I can still go, just slightly later. I'll get out around 4-5, go home and take a shower and see whats up. If I give the boss notice I can probably get out at 4 and meet everyone at 5 or 5:30. The gates open at 5 I believe but you can't start racing until 5:30. We'll see what's going on as the time draws more near. My car isn't running properly right now...just a couple days ago I stomped the gas and it seemed like it delayed before it took off. I'll take it there anyway to see what I can get though, hahaha. Still fun!
Tell him to bring both, I've never ridden in a Cobra and since I'm "in" by association...perhaps he'll give me a ride down the 1320!
If you'd like, perhaps we can still do something that weekend like shoot video or something. Up to you of course and I'll have to see what else is going on when it is closer and I know if anything has come up.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:16 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Sweet, I don't think he will bring both. He said he wants the white one to redeem itself. He will bring the cobra sometime though. I want to ride in it too. I have only ridden in a lighning. If it would be better for a different week, just let me know I am all ears.

Old 02-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

I just found out on march 25th. My friends dad the one with the 383 stroker is renting the track out for the day. It is $100 and you can race in the morning till midnight. Let me know if you are interested, I will let you know more tomorrow. I guess there is like 60 people going.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Scratch that, The track they are going to is in Fontana. I heard you run even better there than pamona.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:50 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Triple post nice!

Old 02-22-2005, 02:21 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, you run faster times there but it's not worth it for me to pay 100 bucks to run. That would be good if I were getting a tune and I wanted to see the best results but I can't change too much to see what I run. The only thing I could do is take weight out or lower tire pressure but that's not worth 100 bucks to me, I could do that at l.a.c.r.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:22 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

if you go, feel free to shoot some video and send me the results
Old 02-22-2005, 03:22 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
if you go, feel free to shoot some video and send me the results
I am not sure if I am gonna go. I am for sure gonna go to lacr prolly the week after with my friend Seb. If I go to Fontana, I will have a chance to race some serious rice. This one guy I know has a low 12 second civic stripped all motor. I want to race him for the hell of it. Maybe I will beat him maybe not. I will for sure go to lacr to see the difference in track times. It is probably 6 tenths off.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
It is probably 6 tenths off.
yep, sometimes a whole second. I've actually seen it. Let me know when you are for sure going to go
Old 02-22-2005, 04:20 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

What is that Friday after the 25th?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion