So when is race day? - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-22-2005, 05:04 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to red herring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Js281GT
What is that Friday after the 25th?
I don't know but I think March has 31 days. That would put us at March 2nd, right? If the 25th is a Friday.
red herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 05:22 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

April 2nd you mean right? I know my friend Mel dad (383) wil go on the 2nd as well. If I don't go he will tell me the difference when he comes to lacr. Is tt[pancakes still going?
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Js281GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:47 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

yes, april second. I'm not exactly sure if ttpancakes is going or not. I am sure I can talk him in to it. So now you have going your buddy mels dad, the wrx, you, ttpancakes and I?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2005, 11:41 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

My Friend Seb (mustang/cobra)
Trey (suped up wrx)..little shiznitch
Jay (383 stroker)
65 mustang, guy at work (maybe)he was layed off in a diff dept so idunno got his# though
2 buddies from maximum motor sports (maybe) they are more into road racing.
(both have 89GT coupes)
friend jason (93 cobra)
Matt (another wrx) mostly stock

I will think of some more. My friend pedro had a ss but I beat it, so he sold it. My other buddy had a lighning but he sold it. (both ******* anyway)
I have an 01GT w/ frpp 3:73's, sportline springs, wms cold-air w/95mm mass-air, (ceramic) BBK equal length headers (ceramic) mac 70mm t. body, trickflow intake plenium, mac pro-chamber, flowmaster catback, Nitto drags, NX N20 150hp jets, & some good predator tuning! Best E.T. 11.79 @ 118.4mph :drive:

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\jon.straszewski\Desktop\TOP ****y to bar 020.JPG[/IMG]
Old 02-23-2005, 11:43 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

I really want my dad to bring his haybusa. He wants to but he is so busy all the time. My goal is to get into the 11's at lacr, when I get my supercharger.

Old 02-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Holy crap your dad has a hyabusa? That's insane! I saw a lingenfilter get 11 at lacr; but it was low low 11 like 11.03. You'll have a fast car if you can do that at lacr.
Old 02-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Ya my dad is nutz. He wants a turbo kit for the bike. He is like 50 years old. I dont want to see him bring it, cause I know he will push it to the max. I dont want to see my dad get hurt or killed. He is biulding a turbo fiero also.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:04 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Hey, can you get a really good deal on drag radials? (nittos) I need to buy some b4 we go to the track.

Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

I thought hyabusa's came turbo? I guess every one that I've seen has been so i just assumed they came like that stock

I sent you a pm

tirerack.com I believe is the place to get tires from. I can't personally get a deal from nitto.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

So is it still on for april second? I am at work today till 7:00. Going on my last break.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
So is it still on for april second? I am at work today till 7:00. Going on my last break.
i was thinking to myself what the hell is he still doing at work? I'm up for April 2nd as long as nothing happens to keep my paycheck too small. And given that they let me in with my cracked windshield. Either way I should be able to go, but hopefully they let me race with the windshield as it is.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:20 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

You should try to cover it somehow? When you get out for inspection try to get their attention on something else. lol Be like "are these tires approved for racing"? lol

Old 02-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

I think it should be dark or almost when you get to inspection.

Old 03-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

They noticed it last time and said "get this fixed before you come out here again" and that's what I'm hoping they say next time

Last time I went there they said my name over the loud speaker; I don't know why they did this because I've never heard anybody's name called and I don't know how they got my name. Anyway, I missed a shift (not really missed a shift, more like grinded the hell out of second and couldn't get it in gear) so I shifted to third and ran like a 16.1 I was so embarrassed. I didn't know they called my name until after the run my father came up to me and told me what had happened. Haha, the luck that it would be on that run!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

lol That's great. lol Ya I know, those guys are ********. They are always yelling at me. I think they just don't like fords. That is why I like racing the bigger chevy cars. I beat a ws6 there with longtube headers. I always like being the underdog & racing faster cars. Everyone thinks they are the ****, it is so funny. Jay the dad with the 383 always wants to race me. I want to be him someday without my supercharger. He is .7 tenths faster. He alos has no front sway bar, longtube headers, no smog pump, a/c passenger seat or stereo, & cheater slicks. I think if I had all that my little 281 would be there with his 383.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:26 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol That's great. lol Ya I know, those guys are ********. They are always yelling at me. I think they just don't like fords. That is why I like racing the bigger chevy cars. I beat a ws6 there with longtube headers. I always like being the underdog & racing faster cars. Everyone thinks they are the ****, it is so funny. Jay the dad with the 383 always wants to race me. I want to be him someday without my supercharger. He is .7 tenths faster. He alos has no front sway bar, longtube headers, no smog pump, a/c passenger seat or stereo, & cheater slicks. I think if I had all that my little 281 would be there with his 383.
I don't know if you can get .7 no front sway bar, longtube headers, no smog pump, a/c passenger seat or stereo, & cheater slicks. The passenger seat and stereo delete along with the a/c delete will get you like .01 hp. Slicks would be the best for you I'm sure.

It's odd that you say that stuff though cause I always thought they liked Fords. I know they don't like imports as much...you think they just like Chevy alone?
Old 03-02-2005, 12:16 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

longtubes would get me 2-3 tenths with the mods I already have. He has a fiberglass hood, He took away three pullies. Smog, power steering, & a/c. I could do pullies & maybe take off another tenth. I am planning on removing weight. Every 100 lbs is at least a tenth. My seats weigh like 50 lbs each. These seats I found on ebay are 20 lbs each. Rear seat delete removes I think another 50 lbs. When I get skinnies/tires. That takes off another 75lbs. I want to do a battery relocation as well. Maybe a carbon hood. So two tenths more with weight reduction. So with headers, pullies, & less weight, I should shed 5 tenths. Jay runs a 12.13 at pamona. So I could be running a 12.3 or so. Now imagine when I get my supercharger. :chin: That would be sweet to get into the 11's all motor. Won't happen though cause I am not removing accessories & plus I would have to add cams.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:22 AM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

My drivers seat must be far heavier than yours but my back seat sure as hell doesn't weigh 50 pounds. My friends and I took it out once and it didn't weigh anything, haha. I didn't expect 2-3 tenths off of long tubes, that seems like a pretty good deal to me! I'd like to do the weight reduction thing someday, just for fun but not permanently, and see what I run. Where are you going to relocate the battery to? My friend has a battery that weighs like 9lbs. It's the size of two vhs tapes about...maybe smaller.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:51 AM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

I would put it in my trunk. I think whipster has done the battery reolocate kit. That puts weight in the back where you want it. I like whispers car alot. he even has the shaker hood.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:25 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I would put it in my trunk. I think whipster has done the battery reolocate kit. That puts weight in the back where you want it. I like whispers car alot. he even has the shaker hood.
How hard is it to do that? My battery comes stock in the trunk
Old 03-03-2005, 12:27 PM   #91
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Isn't real bad really. Just a matter of running a huge gauge wire from your trunk back to your engine bay. Then finding a good way to permanantly mount the battery in your trunk. I could get it done in a half day easy taking breaks and doing it right.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 12:43 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

The hard part is just figuring out how & where you want to run the wires. I am going to run them over the car and back under & through the exaust. :p

Old 03-03-2005, 12:45 PM   #93
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hahahahaha. I think the easiest way to run a wire of that size would be to run it against the frame and up a hole in the trunk. Then resealing the trunk.
Our's:
Old 03-03-2005, 12:49 PM   #94
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Hahahahaha. I think the easiest way to run a wire of that size would be to run it against the frame and up a hole in the trunk. Then resealing the trunk.
I would want to see it done sometime.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #95
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hm...if I get bored enough sometime I'll do it to mine. But then I'll have an empty spot in my hood to do something with...but running wires to my subs will sure be easy.
Our's:
Old 03-03-2005, 02:00 PM   #96
Registered Member
Regular

Hey red, If you want to wait awhile till you get your new windshield that is cool. I am in no hurry. I would hate to see you not even allowed to race. Plus maybe tt pancakes will be ready too. Just let me know, I am down for whatever.

Old 03-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #97
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm, you guys are going to have to take all your carpet and stuff out to do this eh? Sounds like hassle, I hate doing wiring but it's always cool to know.

My dad asked me today when we were going and I told him April 2nd. If I can't take my car perhaps I'll take the excursion but I'm pretty sure they'll let me in as is...perhaps I'll call first and ask just to make sure
Old 03-03-2005, 03:39 PM   #98
Registered Member
Regular

Ya I dunno know. They are mean & strict. I would almost rather wait till you can go for sure. I know buying a windshield is a pain in the a$$, but you have to get it done sometime. I am sure the crack wil get worse & worse. I wouldn't be suprised if it was worse by April 2nd. But if you want to take the chance that is fine. I am buying an aluminum driveshaft from danger dude soon. I am ordering my drag radials in a couple weeks. I still have to do some custome tuning & get my mass air to work again or I am sending it back to pro-m. I plan on fiddling with the programmer this weekend to get everything running right & my speedo correct.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:38 PM   #99
Registered Member
Regular

If we keep pushing it back we'll never go. As long as all your buddies can go on that day let's keep it set then. Perhaps I can get another car I have in mind to go...one that you would really like! I won't say what it is because I'm not quite sure of the chances of me being able to bring it...alright, alright, it's an 05 GT but we'll see what happens.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:52 PM   #100
Registered Member
Regular

God I want to race him. I was hoping there was gonna be some 05 mustangs there. I always like to race faster cars. It seems whenever I race faster cars, I always red flag because I am so anxious. I like racing z28's, vettes, SS's. I wonder what an 05GT would run at lacr? prolly around a 14.3 or so. Gosh that track is horrible. lol It puts you in check. I seriously need a supercharger to get into the 12's there.

Old 03-03-2005, 07:18 PM   #101
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
God I want to race him. I was hoping there was gonna be some 05 mustangs there. I always like to race faster cars. It seems whenever I race faster cars, I always red flag because I am so anxious. I like racing z28's, vettes, SS's. I wonder what an 05GT would run at lacr? prolly around a 14.3 or so. Gosh that track is horrible. lol It puts you in check. I seriously need a supercharger to get into the 12's there.
I'm not even sure it would run a 14.3. I would assume more like a 14.5 - 14.6. Who knows though, perhaps I'm underestimating them, we'll find out soon eough I'm sure.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:26 AM   #102
Registered Member
Regular

Ya, I am pretty excited. I don't drink that much, but I usually have a beer there to calm my nerves down & it also helps my reaction time. lol pretty sad, but when I get there I let my car cool down enjoy a beer & watch some other cars. Hey red, can you make a custom sig for me or something. I am sick of mine. I can't wait to shoot some video. I was hoping you could bring your friends camera cause mine is buried in storage. I will try to get it though. I was thinking we should film each others cars from the side at launch. Then film it passing by close to the 1320. If you can walk back that far. My friend can mount a camera inside really good.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #103
Registered Member
Regular

Hmm, I can mount inside but it's hack job...meaning I know how to do it and it will be sturdy but it's ugly.

Filming from the side is good but I'm not sure they'll let you go all the way down to the end, but we can definitely try! Even though I'll probably get beat a lot by the people who are hardcore racers with modded to hell cars that are stripped to the max and look like I lost to a civic

Hmm, what do you want in your sig? I'm not exactly sure how to change dimensions and stuff but you should be able to get someone here to do it for you.

Also, we started a new dollar thread and we're seeing if we can get people involved, go put yourself on the list! If you can't find it just advanced search for my name and it should be near the top somewhere.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:50 PM   #104
Registered Member
Regular

Should we start a new dollar thread? here's the dollar thread, put your name on the list
Old 03-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #105
Registered Member
Regular

I ordered my drag radials today. I am stoked. Didn't get a chance to reprogram my car with the predator. I also lost a bid in ebay for my other two rims. I bid $75 over with 20 seconds & still lost. My work asked me to do shipping for the last couple days cause a couple people are sick over there. So I am physically working now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion