Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Baton Rouge, Saturday nights????

3K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  DarkShadows 
#1 ·
My gf tends to work saturday nights, so now that I'm moving back to BR, is there anything that goes on anymore? I know me and some friends used to have little meets on Thursdays almost a decade ago, until the ricers started becoming to prevelant to make it safe.

#2 ·
Well, the fast and the furious crowd get together at pepboys on airline and old hammond. At least, that was the meetup place last I heard. I don't think they have been run off again yet. They also meet up over there on thursday nights too.

#7 ·
jeeze mr negativity. :disgust:
the only reason i go out there is because none of my close friends are into cars at all. cars are pretty much my life and its kinda nice to be around other people that have a similar passion for them as well. as far the street racing, i do not condone it by any means. id be lieing if i told you i havent raced out there. i dont anymore. ill keep my racing at the track.

#3 ·
I went out and Rick's (aka Goldies) is back up and doing their saturday night thing. I went out to Pepboys and Mark was out there in his Z06. It was a small crowd pretty much everywhere, no problems with ricers though. There were a few, but they didn't do anything stupid, amazingly.

I heard there was good group of guys runnin on Choctaw though, just didn;t feel like heading out that way. Waaaaaay too many cops were rolling.

#12 ·
No, the meetups I've been out to when it was at advanced on florida and when it was at wild wings weren't all that car enthusiast like. You had your ricers on one side talking about how their new stickers helped them get over the 120 hp mark....then you had your domestics on the other side talking about how stupid the ricers are.

Then, at some magic time...everyone scatters like a bunch of roaches when the light comes on and heads out to "slow and the curious lane" to race.

But it's ok, I don't expect most young'uns to understand why I am in this car thing. It's just not something that can be understood with the mentality of today's youth with the coolness factor of standing in a parking lot hoping the cops don't show up.

#13 ·
whatever man. keep your holier-than-thou mentality going. we all know you're the coolest kid on the block. im not the one who builds a high horsepower cobra and hardly ever races it. you do your thing and we'll do ours. ill keep racing my junk and beating the snot out of it cause thats what i enjoy. you can be the internet cool guy. as long as we're both having fun, who should be the one to judge? im friends with plenty of rice-boys. they have fun doing what they do and i may make fun of them but they're still people too. its all in good fun. i may be young but im pretty sure i have a pretty good grip on life. i seriously dont understand people like you man.

#14 ·
Well, at least you're willing to admit that I am the coolest kid on the block and the internet cool guy. Admitting it is the first step to recovery.

#16 ·
I get both of your points. one thing tho. Rob loves to race his car, but untill he get tires he can't race anyone. I personally don't go out their, because with 2 tracks less than 1 hour away I'm not taking the chance of having my car impounded.

#19 ·
OK, I was going out there for a few years before I moved away, and it's like the simple act of showing up requires you to go race. I go because it's an open casual environment. Anyone can come and new people show up all the time.

I also like the little gtg things at people's houses too because you don't really have to worry about the wrong crowd showing up.

The only bad thing about always meeting at someones house is that you never meet anybody new. I also know for a FACT that meeting at someone's house can VERY easily turn into late night street racing just as easily as Goldies, Advance, PepBoy's or whatever, but usually alcohol is more likely to be involved.

IT's different strokes is all. The first time I met Rob we ended up drinking at his house, and it was a good time. Meeting up at Hooters on a saturday is fun too, and so is going at hanging out at a "cafe" style burger joint with other car people is fun too. I remember when we had small crowds we would roll out to Sonic on Sherwood, and then head to Goldies, and end up on Choctaw. Those who wanted to stay stayed, and those that weren't into left.

At one night every 2 weeks at my house there are 5 stangs in the driveway with at least one be modded or repaired or all getting ready for a show, and that's fun too. Everyone brings a 12-pack, and every bit of detailing supplies they have and get together to make everyone's cars look really good for the show. You also learn or teach others little tricks about things on the cars.

That's why I do it, to meet people who are intersted in modding cars and hang out and bullshit about it. I don't see it being anything more than that. I've never understood the whole "Car Club Paying Member" thing, and I don't think I'll ever PAY for the right to hang out with car people.

#20 ·
look i hate luisiana just cuz in monroe my georGia state patrol head gaskets blew out at exit 114 second stop from the left if your coming from texas its like 2 hours but in any case racism is strong their theirs so much hate if your not white i literally put my smith & wesson 500 50 cal to the sherrifs head and he let me go cuz i said i was georgia fbi but my brother did haul off my car to tx in his 98 triton v8 pickup just know racism is everywher you go even this place ive had more whites come at me just cuz ill defend a mexican so dont expect too much but a great place to mod your car just watch out for haters and stand up for your beleifs good luck see ya around

#21 ·
No one said anything about racism :uhh:. Don't you think it's a little prejudicial to hate all of Louisiana because of a few people giving you and mexicans a hard time? I'll admit that there is racism, but you have to understand that the WHOLE state is not racist. I understand it's hard not to generalize; I do it too; but, honestly, how can you hate a whole state because of actions from individuals from a specific place? It's not like that everywhere in Louisiana.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.