Baton Rouge, Saturday nights???? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Baton Rouge, Saturday nights????

My gf tends to work saturday nights, so now that I'm moving back to BR, is there anything that goes on anymore? I know me and some friends used to have little meets on Thursdays almost a decade ago, until the ricers started becoming to prevelant to make it safe.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: Baton Rouge, Saturday nights????

Well, the fast and the furious crowd get together at pepboys on airline and old hammond. At least, that was the meetup place last I heard. I don't think they have been run off again yet. They also meet up over there on thursday nights too.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I went out and Rick's (aka Goldies) is back up and doing their saturday night thing. I went out to Pepboys and Mark was out there in his Z06. It was a small crowd pretty much everywhere, no problems with ricers though. There were a few, but they didn't do anything stupid, amazingly.

I heard there was good group of guys runnin on Choctaw though, just didn;t feel like heading out that way. Waaaaaay too many cops were rolling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

they were busted not too long ago down choctaw, id avoid going out there.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I remember racing out there in the late 90's. We all knew where to run, and the cops left us alone, then the ricers sstarted coming and the fun was ruined.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to modular2valve Send a message via Yahoo to modular2valve

hell yea, thats excatly what happened to miss goldies and buffalo wild wings. surprised they are not any showing up at pepboys, they have been going out there for a while.

96 GT- Who knows what's in it.
modular2valve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:43 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Well, the fast and the furious crowd get together at pepboys on airline and old hammond. At least, that was the meetup place last I heard. I don't think they have been run off again yet. They also meet up over there on thursday nights too.

jeeze mr negativity.
the only reason i go out there is because none of my close friends are into cars at all. cars are pretty much my life and its kinda nice to be around other people that have a similar passion for them as well. as far the street racing, i do not condone it by any means. id be lieing if i told you i havent raced out there. i dont anymore. ill keep my racing at the track.
iamdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

btw, i could remember some of my earlier car memories being out at goldies with my older brother. i was about 10 or so. his car is a lot faster now too. little civic running 150+mph in the 1/4
Old 05-04-2009, 07:58 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

We do need something that can be a regular, not just for our Mustang crowd, but the whole after market industry (- ricers).
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdat View Post
jeeze mr negativity.
the only reason i go out there is because none of my close friends are into cars at all. cars are pretty much my life and its kinda nice to be around other people that have a similar passion for them as well. as far the street racing, i do not condone it by any means. id be lieing if i told you i havent raced out there. i dont anymore. ill keep my racing at the track.
Sorry, that whole "meet up at night, stand in a parking lot talking trash acting cool trying to be all you can be while waiting for dom and brian to show up so we can all bust out to choctaw and run our 10 second cars a 1/4 mile at a time" just seems real childish to me.

I'd rather have a meet up at someone's house where you can sit there, talk about cars that don't sound like weed wackers, and have a beer or two in the process.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Angry Re: Baton Rouge, Saturday nights????

Quote:
Sorry, that whole "meet up at night, stand in a parking lot talking trash acting cool trying to be all you can be while waiting for dom and brian to show up so we can all bust out to choctaw and run our 10 second cars a 1/4 mile at a time" just seems real childish to me.

I'd rather have a meet up at someone's house where you can sit there, talk about cars that don't sound like weed wackers, and have a beer or two in the process.
you're entitled to your own opinion but honestly what you're saying is kind of offensive. just because you dont like **** other people do, dont wanna talk **** about it?ever thought some people might just like to hang out with other enthusiast? sounds like you're in this car thing for the wrong reasons. go talk **** to the computer buddy. just re-read what you've typed and realize you're a ****ing ******bag.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 AM   #12
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

No, the meetups I've been out to when it was at advanced on florida and when it was at wild wings weren't all that car enthusiast like. You had your ricers on one side talking about how their new stickers helped them get over the 120 hp mark....then you had your domestics on the other side talking about how stupid the ricers are.

Then, at some magic time...everyone scatters like a bunch of roaches when the light comes on and heads out to "slow and the curious lane" to race.

But it's ok, I don't expect most young'uns to understand why I am in this car thing. It's just not something that can be understood with the mentality of today's youth with the coolness factor of standing in a parking lot hoping the cops don't show up.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
No, the meetups I've been out to when it was at advanced on florida and when it was at wild wings weren't all that car enthusiast like. You had your ricers on one side talking about how their new stickers helped them get over the 120 hp mark....then you had your domestics on the other side talking about how stupid the ricers are.

Then, at some magic time...everyone scatters like a bunch of roaches when the light comes on and heads out to "slow and the curious lane" to race.

But it's ok, I don't expect most young'uns to understand why I am in this car thing. It's just not something that can be understood with the mentality of today's youth with the coolness factor of standing in a parking lot hoping the cops don't show up.

whatever man. keep your holier-than-thou mentality going. we all know you're the coolest kid on the block. im not the one who builds a high horsepower cobra and hardly ever races it. you do your thing and we'll do ours. ill keep racing my junk and beating the snot out of it cause thats what i enjoy. you can be the internet cool guy. as long as we're both having fun, who should be the one to judge? im friends with plenty of rice-boys. they have fun doing what they do and i may make fun of them but they're still people too. its all in good fun. i may be young but im pretty sure i have a pretty good grip on life. i seriously dont understand people like you man.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:21 AM   #14
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Well, at least you're willing to admit that I am the coolest kid on the block and the internet cool guy. Admitting it is the first step to recovery.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

whatever dude, have a good time sucking at life
Old 05-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I get both of your points. one thing tho. Rob loves to race his car, but untill he get tires he can't race anyone. I personally don't go out their, because with 2 tracks less than 1 hour away I'm not taking the chance of having my car impounded.

2006 Mustang GT lots of mods ex wife has it
1979 corvette stingray #'s matching 47K org. miles
1970Chevelle SS 454 big block Old School 500hp Sold
hottcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:48 AM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
whatever dude, have a good time sucking at life
Will do.:badass:
Old 05-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Some one turn the A/C on in here its getting HOT!

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:39 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

OK, I was going out there for a few years before I moved away, and it's like the simple act of showing up requires you to go race. I go because it's an open casual environment. Anyone can come and new people show up all the time.

I also like the little gtg things at people's houses too because you don't really have to worry about the wrong crowd showing up.

The only bad thing about always meeting at someones house is that you never meet anybody new. I also know for a FACT that meeting at someone's house can VERY easily turn into late night street racing just as easily as Goldies, Advance, PepBoy's or whatever, but usually alcohol is more likely to be involved.

IT's different strokes is all. The first time I met Rob we ended up drinking at his house, and it was a good time. Meeting up at Hooters on a saturday is fun too, and so is going at hanging out at a "cafe" style burger joint with other car people is fun too. I remember when we had small crowds we would roll out to Sonic on Sherwood, and then head to Goldies, and end up on Choctaw. Those who wanted to stay stayed, and those that weren't into left.

At one night every 2 weeks at my house there are 5 stangs in the driveway with at least one be modded or repaired or all getting ready for a show, and that's fun too. Everyone brings a 12-pack, and every bit of detailing supplies they have and get together to make everyone's cars look really good for the show. You also learn or teach others little tricks about things on the cars.

That's why I do it, to meet people who are intersted in modding cars and hang out and bull**** about it. I don't see it being anything more than that. I've never understood the whole "Car Club Paying Member" thing, and I don't think I'll ever PAY for the right to hang out with car people.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

look i hate luisiana just cuz in monroe my georGia state patrol head gaskets blew out at exit 114 second stop from the left if your coming from texas its like 2 hours but in any case racism is strong their theirs so much hate if your not white i literally put my smith & wesson 500 50 cal to the sherrifs head and he let me go cuz i said i was georgia fbi but my brother did haul off my car to tx in his 98 triton v8 pickup just know racism is everywher you go even this place ive had more whites come at me just cuz ill defend a mexican so dont expect too much but a great place to mod your car just watch out for haters and stand up for your beleifs good luck see ya around
dalltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 07:43 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalltx View Post
look i hate luisiana just cuz in monroe my georGia state patrol head gaskets blew out at exit 114 second stop from the left if your coming from texas its like 2 hours but in any case racism is strong their theirs so much hate if your not white i literally put my smith & wesson 500 50 cal to the sherrifs head and he let me go cuz i said i was georgia fbi but my brother did haul off my car to tx in his 98 triton v8 pickup just know racism is everywher you go even this place ive had more whites come at me just cuz ill defend a mexican so dont expect too much but a great place to mod your car just watch out for haters and stand up for your beleifs good luck see ya around
No one said anything about racism . Don't you think it's a little prejudicial to hate all of Louisiana because of a few people giving you and mexicans a hard time? I'll admit that there is racism, but you have to understand that the WHOLE state is not racist. I understand it's hard not to generalize; I do it too; but, honestly, how can you hate a whole state because of actions from individuals from a specific place? It's not like that everywhere in Louisiana.

-Daniel
2000 Vert, 4.6 SOHC swap, old set-up intercooled s-trim @11lbs..New setup-5.0 stroker, stage 2 heads, kenne bell 2.2l with a 2.75"
daniel302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
how the **** did this get turned into racism? get that bull**** out of here. no one wants to hear that. im vietnamese. so ****ing what?!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:35 AM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What the hell man. you been hitting the pipe or what?

Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel302 View Post
No one said anything about racism . Don't you think it's a little prejudicial to hate all of Louisiana because of a few people giving you and mexicans a hard time? I'll admit that there is racism, but you have to understand that the WHOLE state is not racist. I understand it's hard not to generalize; I do it too; but, honestly, how can you hate a whole state because of actions from individuals from a specific place? It's not like that everywhere in Louisiana.
hey dude, where in BR are you from, I never see your ride around.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:34 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadows View Post
hey dude, where in BR are you from, I never see your ride around.
East BR. I live off of brightside. I don't really venture too far out in Baton Rouge, I'm just up here for school. I'm a New Orleans local. What part of BR are you in, man?

-Daniel
2000 Vert, 4.6 SOHC swap, old set-up intercooled s-trim @11lbs..New setup-5.0 stroker, stage 2 heads, kenne bell 2.2l with a 2.75"
Old 05-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
East BR. I live off of brightside. I don't really venture too far out in Baton Rouge, I'm just up here for school. I'm a New Orleans local. What part of BR are you in, man?
i live north of BR but work off Flordia blvd by Denham.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 AM   #27
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Damn, when you said you were in east BR i thought you meant the east side of baton rouge, not the parish. I figured you were over by me...when in reality you're closer to the g/f's house off of gardere.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i thought i remember seing your car around. i live off brightside too on sharlo
Old 05-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i thought i remember seing your car around. i live off brightside too on sharlo
Yeah man, you probably have seen it. I live in Beau Pre. It hasnt been up here for about a month though, it was giving me some problems.I just brought it back up this week. What do you drive?

-Daniel
Old 05-05-2009, 12:23 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yeah man, you probably have seen it. I live in Beau Pre. It hasnt been up here for about a month though, it was giving me some problems.I just brought it back up this week. What do you drive?
a green sn95 convertible. i have prostars on it and its fairly low
Old 05-06-2009, 09:52 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
a green sn95 convertible. i have prostars on it and its fairly low
...and he leaves out all of the under hood mods....

Just remember if you see the front of his car it was luck...
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

all I've ever seen is the front of his car How is that nut swinging going for you Dat?
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by slostang View Post
all I've ever seen is the front of his car How is that nut swinging going for you Dat?
haha! soon enough you'll only be seeing my rear (bumper)
Old 05-06-2009, 10:54 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
...and he leaves out all of the under hood mods....

Just remember if you see the front of his car it was luck...
haha, im not that slick. my **** is slow! hopefully, not for long
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
I'm sorry but ... whattt????/

I hate you BTW.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion