Louisianians Beware - Total Performance Solutions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Louisianians Beware - Total Performance Solutions

Well, I dropped my car off 3 weeks ago to get some mods done:

63lb injectors
KB BAP
Ported Blower
Idler
Diff Catback
SCT MAF2400
Ram Air Intake
2.93 Blower Pulley
SCT Xcal3 and Dyno Tune
Throw-Out Bearing
Spec Stage 3 Clutch/pressure plate/flywheel

The ported blower and BAP did not make the slate b/c of problems with the blower.

The injectors look like dump. I was told it would be ok to buy EV1 injectors and have the wires/connectors soldered in. NOPE, I find now...after the swap... that it's not recommend normally and is FUGLY. I will be getting factory connectors and EV6 injectors on my next go around.

Anyway, the tune is being worked out now as we speak (Friday, March 26th, 2010) That's right...not two weeks ago. There were some problems, the tuner & ecm locked up do to having the wrong tune installed (SCT confirmed this).. So now, after a few more adjustments my car will finally be ready... Thanks to Cody @ Stang-Hi and his excellent customer service.

The dynojet (not Mustang Dyno) at this point was 455hp/460tq and we are changing my fuel filter because we believe it is causing a restriction.. MY fuel pumps are pegging out at 5000rpm and pressure begins to drop off slowly but gradually.

I'm shooting for about 465/465 and I will be ecstatic. Next mods will include the BAP, ported blower, egr delete, and maybe a smaller pulley with the 4 idler setup. Although, I will need to start worrying about the IRS now.

I am glad to have my car back later today and have someone who is taking care of me. I am just upset that it cost me double the amount then having this done correctly the first time.

I had to pay extra cash for something that wasn't my fault--had to pay for Ford to relash my ECM $175.00 and SCT $150.00 to unlock my tuner becuase someone installed the wrong ECM code in with their tune..becuase they installed the wrong tune.

I was also misinformed that I had bad O2 sensors while the tune was happening. Then they proceeded to blame my tuner as the reason why my ECM locked up.

After they ignored my phone calls for a week (He finally responded to my phone calls and messages with an email along the lines of 'What's the deal bro?'). I asked for my money back and immediately the $500.00 tune rate turned into $125.00/hr charge at 3 hours and I wouldn't be refunded for that because they devoted their time into doing absolutely nothing for me.

After hashing out a few things such as why they broke my wheel key ('your lugs were too tight'...no they weren't I took them off with my hands.), didn't have my car aligned or wheels mounted (which I did myself that evening & removed my wheel locks myself), delayed my trip 5 hours, and want to charge me for an inop tune we finally agreed on a refund of $275.00 (which included my wheel lock key, a $40.00 overpayment-I had already made the check out when I got there-, and $200.00 of my tune cost).

This was after I was personally insulted ---'We couldn't have made you happy unless it was free' -- No, I wanted it done right.

Also, he quoted me a repair on my transmission TOB (whining) before he checked the sleeve or anything else. Then when time was running out he needed additional parts that didn't make it in time. Luckily he had the sleeve and I can get the other part at another time.

All in all I was ripped off, dicked around, and treated like **** by someone that I have devoutly supported by word of mouth and all other methods methodically over the last 2 or three years. I will never do business with that place again and hope that you guys will be aware that this could happen to you.

Any non-believers or nay sayers...Kiss my ***. I have all the emails we exchanged and all the witness of proof. I kept a cool head with him the whole time even when I felt I was being taken advantage of. I worked in this business for 7 years. I know exactly what type of customer service is expected by everyone and he does not provide it...maybe you should go see Stang-Hi or make the drive out to Mobile to see James Running With the Devil.

P.S. last note to add ---- The DTCs my car were tripping on the dyno were due to the shop. My Air Filter was not correctly bolted to the MAF and was just laying cocked out of place. My MAF was not tightened into the factory elbow and had a 1/4 gap at the top. Lastly, my factory rubber elbow was not even on the thottle body or tightened down. He also failed to recognize a leaking gasket where the metal elbow goes into the blower. Thanks Alot!

GUESS WHO the original shop was?????
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
re: Louisianians Beware - Total Performance Solutions

Ouch, I know who you are referring to....I was wondering how that all came out.

I'm glad Cody hooked you up. I figured he would come through for you.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Just picked up the car... It is absolutely wonderful. Runs like a new car. Power on demand.

Although the fuel filter was not causing the restrictions. My pumps must be getting weak. I plan on running twin GT40s with the appropriate Fore Hat. NO BAP. When I do the ported blower swap/egr & pcv delete.

Next round of mods to include Shocks, struts, springs, maybe the new steeda k-member and fully built SRA and long-tube headers.

The dyno also broke in the clutch.... no more chatter just smooth launching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Why solid rear? Why not just replace the bushings in the IRS and be done with it?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #5
Regular

Region: Tennessee

What place ripped you off? Should put it in the thread title. Search engines love that kind of stuff and will make sure other people read this thread before they take their care to them.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

That's a shame man. He did good work for me. And when something broke. He paid to fix it.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:47 PM   #7
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Region: Georgia
Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

That's terrible. But glad you got it worked out.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:22 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Its horrible to have a bad shop experience. If you are not careful it can destroy the hobby you love and make you sell the car off and lose money... this is a main factor in me not doing to much else power wise... far to many "ifs" out there when finding a shop to deal with.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Brent - If someone wants to edit the title change it to "Louisianians Beweare - Total Performance Solutions"

I didn't originally put the title because I wanted to sit on it for a while and think about it. While the majority of people will automatically know who I am speaking with I didn't want to begin a flame war. Although after the weekend as a time to reflect...****'em!

Rob- SRA can be had fully built for a little cheaper while ending up a lighter. If built correctly you can almost mock the quality of a IRS. I just like the SRA. My opinion. I'm sure others have their own.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Louisianians Beware - Total Performance Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaleenFiend View Post
Brent - If someone wants to edit the title change it to "Louisianians Beweare - Total Performance Solutions"

I didn't originally put the title because I wanted to sit on it for a while and think about it. While the majority of people will automatically know who I am speaking with I didn't want to begin a flame war. Although after the weekend as a time to reflect...****'em!

Rob- SRA can be had fully built for a little cheaper while ending up a lighter. If built correctly you can almost mock the quality of a IRS. I just like the SRA. My opinion. I'm sure others have their own.
i agree, i like my SRA

Old 03-31-2010, 08:54 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

After driving in an SRA car daily (friends 08 gt) I am amazed at how much better my irs rides and feels... but thats not performance oriented. Around the corners though its better still... but you have to do some work to get them where they need to be for performance all around... but I like the IRS just wish it was a bit lighter.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
After driving in an SRA car daily (friends 08 gt) I am amazed at how much better my irs rides and feels... but thats not performance oriented. Around the corners though its better still... but you have to do some work to get them where they need to be for performance all around... but I like the IRS just wish it was a bit lighter.
well i have driving an irs in my line of racing, and unless you do ALOT of work to make it handle its really not all that great. ill take my sra hands down. and all the mustangs ive read about in my class perfer the sra also

Old 03-31-2010, 11:44 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
Definitely, I made the swap in my 2001 Cobra to a SRA and I immediately noticed a difference in weight and ride quality. The IRS is smooth & has an advantage over handling. I just look at the weight, price, and ease of modding of a SRA as the winner. Performance always wins in my category. I have already pushed the limits of a IRS and ended up with some new paint. I am not too impressed. Plus I always have the fear of a broken half-shaft, haunt of horrible wheel hop, or thought of a cracked diff in the back of my head when driving my car. With a SRA I don't need to worry about anything other than the bare essentials. (Plus I can easily do the repairs myself in a timely fashion when compared to the IRS)
Old 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

well by performance some mean straight line and some are talking about corners. The irs can handle track duty but... at a higher cost so in that book SRA is mostly where its at no doubt about it.
Old 03-31-2010, 11:57 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry, I have a simple thought process. I was never around auto-crossing or road courses my life so when I mention performance I only mean straight line. I know the SRAs can be built to out handle our options of an IRS for our mustangs given the right tools thrown at it. Therefore I also believe the SRA is King for our cars.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:42 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

yea, I read a big article from maximum motorsports with professional drivers SRA vs IRS and the end outcome was the IRS handled better overall on the track when built vs a built SRA the issue was it was just expensive to do it vs the SRA or more so.

Take that as a perspective of an average person who cant drive a car to its limit... you will be fine with either on a road course when they are beefed up
Old 02-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I should have made this more detailed and throrough for people trying to understand.
But, the point is:

I spent money on work I could have done myself with a friend. I have always supported this friend to help his business get going. He then proceeded to take advantage of me and the situation, screw my car up, blame it on my and my products, and refuse to refund me all the while causing me plenty of hardships and additional cost to have the repairs done correctly.
Old 02-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #18
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Thats what happens when you try to help others

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion