Baton Rouge Area Mustangers Club Rally - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Region: Louisiana
Send a message via MSN to rickf73 Send a message via Skype™ to rickf73
Baton Rouge Area Mustangers Club Rally

I received this today and since they have opened it up to anyone I thought I would pass it on. I did edit out the phone numbers due to posting this on the internet but you can reply by sending an email to

Okay, Mustangers!

The Les Detwiler Road Rally returns this Saturday, May 15th, after a two year absence. Participants in past road rallies have consistently told us that this is a BRAM event they truly look forward to. Les Detwiler was a club member who loved to drive his 6 cylinder, early model Mustang coupe. He passed away some years ago and his name became associated with this event because he enjoyed it so much. Les realized that his little 6 cylinder Mustang had just as good of a chance to win this event as a Super Cobra Jet Mach I.
The rally must be run with a driver and a navigator in any car or truck. It is a timed distance competition which tests a driver's accuracy as well as the navigator's ability to follow instructions and find images or landmarks along the route. The rally team is never instructed to violate speed limits or traffic laws. Points are earned by how close the team's driven time is to the target time plus how many questions about landmarks or Mustang-related trivia are correctly answered. Awards are given for 1st and 2nd highest overall scores and for the team with an actual course time closest to the target time.

The 2010 Les Detwiler Road Rally is open to anyone who wants to participate. You don't have to be a BRAM member to enter but any vehicle which does not have a BRAM member as either the driver or navigator will be charged a $5.00 entry fee. Participants should arrive at the shopping center parking lot on the northwest corner of Hooper & Sullivan Roads before 9:30AM, Saturday May 15, 2010. The cars should be ready to run the course with enough fuel to travel at least 80 miles (actual length is shorter but a secret for obvious reasons). A meeting with the drivers & navigators will begin at 9:30AM sharp to go over rally instructions, rules, and signing of waivers. The first car will be sent onto the course at 10:00AM.

We hope you will come out and join us for this club activity. If you have any questions, you can call Jim Freyder or Kerry Hicks ( for more information.

It would help Kerry and I to be better prepared if we know how many entries we should expect on Saturday. Therefore, we would appreciate getting a reply email from those of you who plan to come.

Thanks! --------- Jim

I hope to make it at least to see what is going on.

rickf73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to 00STANG00 Send a message via Yahoo to 00STANG00
Re: Baton Rouge Area Mustangers Club Rally

rally racing sounds fun
00STANG00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion