North Carolina, anyone? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-17-2003, 11:52 AM   #1

From Charlotte, NC. New here.
Ginzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Rock Hill SC, just shy of NC border. I grew up in NC-Charlotte area and still work in Charlotte. New member also.
MaestroSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 12:33 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: North Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Rick0636 Send a message via Yahoo to Rick0636
Hi Ginzu, you are about half way between me and Corey (Danger Dude) I am in Burlington, NC, about 120 miles from you.
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Rick0636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2003, 12:57 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

MaestroSC glad to have both of you here with us, If there is any way we can help, just hollar!
Rick Kilpatrick, AAS Automotive Systems Tech, Alamance Community College, Class of 99. 06 5 speed manual Mustang with Pony pkg : GT Mac Mufflers, true duals with one custom pipe. 2.5" system. GT bumper cover, all installed March 7&8 2006. AFE Stage 1 CAI, Motoblue Underdrive pulley, GT aluminum shifter knob, honeycomb rear blackout panel,and dash kit installed. Roush hood scoop and side window louvers installed. SS taillight trim has been installed, new alum. GT steering wheel installed.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
MaestroSC glad to have both of you here with us, If there is any way we can help, just hollar!
Thanks Rick. I post alot on 3.8, but I think I'm migrating this way. People over here some more "mature" I think..maybe just wishful thinking, but being 25, I'm looking for a little more down to earth, friendly dialogue and not all that "I can beat you" or "you suck" or "f this f that you f'er" type dialogue.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Welcome MaestroSC to 232stangs I have seen your post on 3.8. I stroll over there from time to time. You have a post over there on a ALuminum Drive Shaft Groupe Purchase. It sound interesting.
Old 08-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Welcome MaestroSC to 232stangs I have seen your post on 3.8. I stroll over there from time to time. You have a post over there on a ALuminum Drive Shaft Groupe Purchase. It sound interesting.
Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, I bought a driveshaft from a fella and he mentioned that he had several to sell. So I asked how much to take them off his hands. The only thing I'm waiting on is the one I already bought from him to arrive. I should get it Monday. After checking it out & putting it on, I'm going to let him know if I want the remaining 5 or not. Then I'll be able to help others out by allowing them to purchase them from me. Not looking to make a lot of money, just trying to give others a good deal.

from what I hear, the aluminum dshaft really smoothes out the car, and may give you 3-5 hp boost to the rear wheels from eliminating some "parasitic" loss. However, the smoothness is the selling point I think.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:01 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I like mine on my GT, I had it put on the same time as my 3.73s, but I do think it smoothed her out some. Not sure if it got any parasitic power loss back, lol, maybe the dyno will tell someday, if I dyno again.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion