Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Panama City Get together

7K views 135 replies 19 participants last post by  Herbstang 
#1 ·
It was discussed at the last meet that we need to have another meet sometime this year. Dates discussed were sometime late september, early october. The thought is to go to Panama City, FL and stay right on the beach somewhere.

Time to chime in folks and start thinking about it some. We had a decent turnout for this last meet...much better than the jacksonville one...lets make this one even bigger. This is still early in the semester so missing a day or two of school won't kill anyone. The thought is for a thurs-sunday deal I believe.

Ok everyone, who is interested in this?

#2 ·
:love: if only

#11 ·
The only weekend out of the question for me is that of October 20th...

on a side note, as far as weekend events go, there is an 1/8th mile strip in Panama city that I know nothing about, but it might be worth checking out...or possibly looking for dates where there might be some form of auto-x racing in town or something similar so that we could have a little friendly forum competition?

#15 ·
The only weekend out of the question for me is that of October 20th...

on a side note, as far as weekend events go, there is an 1/8th mile strip in Panama city that I know nothing about, but it might be worth checking out...or possibly looking for dates where there might be some form of auto-x racing in town or something similar so that we could have a little friendly forum competition?
Breakawaydragway

#13 ·
yea, it is an away game at West Virginia, and I am going to it...going to the game to visit family in WV! woohoo!!! (Deliverance, here I come!!! I just have to make sure to bring my banjo:suicide:)

#16 ·
^^ They need some serious website help there...

and an 1/8th track...I think that would screw me up...go through the traps and then hit 3rd or 4th and drive out the end thinking I was on a 1/4 track. :lol:

#28 ·
See here is my dilema:

I will be going in early August (this will cost money and my minimal vacation time). However, I would love to go again no problem.

But then also, I might be enjoying myself in Texas at boot camp around that time, and if not, it will be more time away from work, AND more money :chin:

#29 ·
You could'nt drive 20 minutes to hange out with us during the last meet. Diving hours this go around... I just dont see it. :)

#38 ·
#40 ·
^^ Yes, PCB has tons of new condos going up. We drove through there last year and I was shocked at how much it has changed.

#45 ·
Okay, Katie and I were going to be going to PC with ya'll, but we are booked on a cruise, October 25 through October 29. That's Thursday - Sunday. Here is the general information.

Okay, for us to get a GOOD group rate, we need 10 total cabins booked. Right now we have Katie, me and my dad's friend, so thats 3 cabins right there. We can do friends and family of the military for any military boys coming, and if none, my dad was in the national guard.

Rob and I will speak with my mom (she does all the booking and gets GREAT deals), and we'll see what kind of price we can gather. We can still meet with the cars before hand in Baton Rouge, or New Orleans, as the ship leaves out of New Orleans.

#46 ·
Okay, Katie and I were going to be going to PC with ya'll, but we are booked on a cruise, October 25 through October 29. That's Thursday - Sunday. Here is the general information.

Rob and I will speak with my mom (she does all the booking and gets GREAT deals), and we'll see what kind of price we can gather. We can still meet with the cars before hand in Baton Rouge, or New Orleans, as the ship leaves out of New Orleans.
When I said post this up...I meant post up some more details like the rough price per ROOM that you brought up the other night. I wasn't paying attention, so I have no clue.

And...after seeing the date....this might night fly as our get together being so late and all.

#48 ·
Thought you said something about like $500 to split for the room....saying it would be cheaper than PC? 1100 to split is not cheaper than $240-ish to split 5-6 ways.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.