gauging interest in a dyno day in Livermore - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #1

Region: California
gauging interest in a dyno day in Livermore

Hello Folks

My name is John from Modacar in Livermore ca,

We are gauging interest in a dyno day for the Ford Mustang owner and others at the Modacar full service shop in Livermore ca..

We tune with a Dyno-Jet 248 in ground so we can deal with lowered cars.

We normally charge $80.00 for 3 pulls with air fuel and will offer them for $50.00 if we get 10 or more people.

Modacar specializes in forced induction via turbo and supercharging,,Modacar offers tech tips and suspension set-up too.

We hope to here from you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tuning2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	387.3 KB
ID:	18346  
moda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Re: gauging interest in a dyno day in Livermore

I'm interested! What, am I the only mustang owner in Livermore? lol I have questions though, I have a completely bone stock 08 manual v6, I'm interested in getting it dynoed and tuned but I'm not sure if it's even worth it without other mods... also, are there programers out there that can be programed to a performance dyno and also hold the stock tune if i need to revert for whatever reason?
stangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: gauging interest in a dyno day in Livermore

Yes, pretty much all of the programmers store the stock tune internally so you can flash it back to stock if needed. Diablo and SCT both do this.

As for if it is worth while to tune a stock V6, yes, it is. You car is currently tuned for 87, so a new tune will be for 91 in your case (you can also store multiple tunes on an SCT XCal tuner so you can have a tune for multiple grades of gas).

Basically, you will be able to better utilize your car's potential with a tune....even in stock form.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion