INDIANA Forum Users - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-17-2013, 11:04 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
I'm gonna go to this might enter it too.

http://www.mustangclubofindianapolis...how_flyer.html
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #107
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post
I'm gonna go to this might enter it too.

Mustang Club Indianapolis Car Show
I will be going as well. I'd like to enter as well, but haven't decided yet. It depends on what time I can be there. Hopefully the weather will be better for this years event.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
I'm down
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstang
im definitely not going unless its within a hour of my house. but that wouldn't be fair to everyone else.
I vote indy, I've worked at cummins in Columbus and there's nothing there. Raceway park would be a central location, I'm probably 1:15 away.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:12 AM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I vote indy, I've worked at cummins in Columbus and there's nothing there. Raceway park would be a central location, I'm probably 1:15 away.
Well idk if ill make it to Indy or not I've only been up there on my own twice lol I'm not too familiar with the area
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:11 AM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang

Well idk if ill make it to Indy or not I've only been up there on my own twice lol I'm not too familiar with the area
Where do you live, I was just thinking somewhere easy for everyone with something to do. I'm up for whatever everyone decides.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post

Well idk if ill make it to Indy or not I've only been up there on my own twice lol I'm not too familiar with the area
Raceway park would be great place. It's not hard to get to not much traffic and roads are in good shape
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Where do you live, I was just thinking somewhere easy for everyone with something to do. I'm up for whatever everyone decides.
I'm down in scottsburg

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY View Post

Raceway park would be great place. It's not hard to get to not much traffic and roads are in good shape
Well we will see when it gets closer
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:18 PM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang

I'm down in scottsburg

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------



Well we will see when it gets closer
Lol, isn't that on the ky side. All jokes aside, I see your dilemma.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02PONY

Raceway park would be great place. It's not hard to get to not much traffic and roads are in good shape
Ya It's just a thought, plenty to do there. And if anyone wants to run thier car, It's the best track in the mid west.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #115
Registered Member
Regular
 
Shutt28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Indiana
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol, isn't that on the ky side. All jokes aside, I see your dilemma.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------



Ya It's just a thought, plenty to do there. And if anyone wants to run thier car, It's the best track in the mid west.
I'm down for raceway park.
Shutt28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #116
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol, isn't that on the ky side. All jokes aside, I see your dilemma.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------



Ya It's just a thought, plenty to do there. And if anyone wants to run thier car, It's the best track in the mid west.
Scottsburg is down really close to ky but it is Indiana
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #117
Registered Member
Regular
 
Quball19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 339
Keep me informed on raceway park like to meet up too
Quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #118
Registered Member
Regular
 
sally2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 438
I'm down for anything
sally2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #119
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally2002
I'm down for anything
+1

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

As long as they got beer.lol
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #120
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

+1

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

As long as they got beer.lol
Would be a no go for me lol under 21
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #121
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang

Would be a no go for me lol under 21
All the more reason for raceway park.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #122
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

All the more reason for raceway park.
Lol what exactly is raceway park like I said I'm not familiar up north
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #123
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang

Lol what exactly is raceway park like I said I'm not familiar up north
I normally go there for the U.S. Nationals. Just depends when you go. It's a drag strip, road coarse, and circle track. At certain times you can drive any of them, they also have car shows. I've never been when the mustang club of Indianapolis was there, but they have a pretty big deal.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #124
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

I normally go there for the U.S. Nationals. Just depends when you go. It's a drag strip, road coarse, and circle track. At certain times you can drive any of them, they also have car shows. I've never been when the mustang club of Indianapolis was there, but they have a pretty big deal.
Hmm what would it cost to go up there and run?
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #125
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post
Hmm what would it cost to go up there and run?
Every Wednesday, well...most Wednesday nights they have a test & tune. It's $20 to run down the strip as many times as you want. It's on $5 to just hang out and watch. It starts April 3rd this year. I ran my car on 4 different occasions in 2012. I'll run a few times this year too. Once I get around 13.3, I probably won't run a whole lot anymore. I'm try to get close to what is documented that the Mach's will run. It's a helluva lot of fun. It's cool to watch too. You get to see all kinds of rides on test & tune nights.

Wild Wednesday Night Street Legals and Slick Tire Test and Tunes
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #126
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

Every Wednesday, well...most Wednesday nights they have a test & tune. It's $20 to run down the strip as many times as you want. It's on $5 to just hang out and watch. It starts April 3rd this year. I ran my car on 4 different occasions in 2012. I'll run a few times this year too. Once I get around 13.3, I probably won't run a whole lot anymore. I'm try to get close to what is documented that the Mach's will run. It's a helluva lot of fun. It's cool to watch too. You get to see all kinds of rides on test & tune nights.

Wild Wednesday Night Street Legals and Slick Tire Test and Tunes
Well if that's what we end up doing I'd probably just watch and chill with everyone, I've never been down a strip or even to one to watch so it will all be new to me
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #127
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post
Well if that's what we end up doing I'd probably just watch and chill with everyone, I've never been down a strip or even to one to watch so it will all be new to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsg09 View Post
I'm gonna go to this might enter it too.
Mustang Club Indianapolis Car Show
^This is the event that I believe would be a good one to meet up for. It's a mustang event and is usually two days, so might be a better chance to meet up. Also, you could enter your car and be able to park with all the other Mustangs that are on display. I think it was $20 last year to do this, but it was cool parking around the other stangs. There is some track and strip time set for free on these days too. I believe the details are in the flyer. I know that's a drive for a few of you.

They used to have a cruise on the Friday morning and a dinner in the evening, but I would just do the cruise if I was going to do that.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:51 AM   #128
Registered Member
Regular
 
DirtyDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fishers
Region: Indiana
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

^This is the event that I believe would be a good one to meet up for. It's a mustang event and is usually two days, so might be a better chance to meet up. Also, you could enter your car and be able to park with all the other Mustangs that are on display. I think it was $20 last year to do this, but it was cool parking around the other stangs. There is some track and strip time set for free on these days too. I believe the details are in the flyer. I know that's a drive for a few of you.

They used to have a cruise on the Friday morning and a dinner in the evening, but I would just do the cruise if I was going to do that.
I plan on attending and possibly being judged. Sounds like a great time, I've never been so I'm excited!

@ Azure, are helmets required at the drag strip?
DirtyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #129
Registered Member
Regular
 
tc x 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 3,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDawg

I plan on attending and possibly being judged. Sounds like a great time, I've never been so I'm excited!

@ Azure, are helmets required at the drag strip?
I belive helmets are required if you run 13.5 or faster.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #130
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Last time I was there they raised it to if your car uns 14.5 or faster.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #131
Registered Member
Regular
 
Quball19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 339
Web site says 13.99 or fast has to have helmet
Quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #132
Lorraine's driver

Regular
 
ab_mach1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Region: Indiana
Posts: 7,862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quball19 View Post
Web site says 13.99 or fast has to have helmet
My best is 13.7 and they didn't make me get a helmet, but I also put what I expect to get as 14 flat. I will probably need to pick up a helmet this season. All my runs on my last visit were under 13.99. They are pretty cool when you are right around the cutoff.
__________________
Instagram: @ab_mach1
ab_mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #133
Registered Member
Regular
 
Quball19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 339
Not really sure what I would run, last time (being first time out ever) ran 14.2, has more in it.I wear one just in case
Quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:19 AM   #134
Registered Member
Regular
 
jjsg09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,224
Yea when a few of us went out last year my friend has a scion tc it ran a 14.2 and they said he needed a helmet. I ran a 14.1 my first run they said nothing to me then as the night went on I got down to a 13.8. I just wear one regardless. Also if you are running down the track you have to have pants and no shorts. Not a 100% sure on that but check it out.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #135
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
I had shorts on when I went down the track last year
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #136
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
As I said I've never been down a track or even to one, how does everything work exactly, how do they pick who goes, how do you get a time slip, etc
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #137
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
Jack roush. And John force. We're there last year at the race to Indy event
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #138
Registered Member
Regular
 
Quball19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Region: Indiana
Posts: 339
Have to have sleeves too, went down with tank top they stopped me said had to have sleeves
Quball19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:31 AM   #139
Registered Member
Regular
 
Nate98stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scottsburg
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate98stang View Post
As I said I've never been down a track or even to one, how does everything work exactly, how do they pick who goes, how do you get a time slip, etc
And Is raceway park the track located in Indianapolis that azure posted a link to?
__________________
2002 5 speed Comp Orange Mustang GT. K&N CAI,JBA headers,BBK xpipe,SLP mufflers to turn downs,Exedy stage 2 clutch,MGW short throw,drilled and and slotted roters,front:17x9 black 10th anniversary cobras Rear:17x10.5 black 10th anniversary cobras,Roush stage 3 body kit,smoked tails and side markers.
Nate98stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #140
Registered Member
Regular
 
02PONY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 886
It's outside of Indy
__________________
02PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:36 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.