MCA "Race to Indy" Mustang Nationals @ Lucas Oil Raceway - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via Yahoo to j21moss
MCA "Race to Indy" Mustang Nationals @ Lucas Oil Raceway

Mustang Club of Indianapolis presents its 34th Annual Car Show on August 9th thru 11th 2013.
Located at Lucas Oil Raceway in Clermont,IN- 10267 East US Highway 136

Events includes Welcome Bash on Friday night at Dallara Indy Car Factory, a Tour at the facilities, Cruise-in on Main Street in Speedway very close to Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Pony Run from the Host Hotel to this event.

Registration opens on Friday morning but must be pre-registered to be judged by MCA. Registration will continue all day on Friday until 5:00pm.

Saturday- Registration opens back up at 7:00am thru 11:00am and judging begins at 11:00am. All cars must be in place by 11:00am.

Saturday Night- Dinner Banquet at Crowne Plaza in Indianapolis

Sunday- Oval Hot Laps will take place on Sunday morning around 9:00am. The track is where the Camping World Trucks and Nationwide Cars once ran on.

Vendors, 50/50 Raffles and much much more.

for more info. please go to Mustang Club Indianapolis Home Page
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	entry form.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	103588  
j21moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

183 Pre-entries has of today. Pre-registry end soon so don't be left out. Friday Welcome Bash has 102 entries,
Old 07-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

BTT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

has of 7/29/13..we have 364 entries. The Friday night Welcome Bash is SOLD OUT. You have to be pre-entered to get your Mustang into the show and dead line has been extended but have to be in hand by 8/2/13, so don't miss out!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:12 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like its gonna be a good show, I'll be checking it out.
tc x 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #6
Lorraine's driver

Regular

I'll be there Saturday. I was planning on showing. I did this last year and paid on arrival. Is that still possible?
Old 08-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
I'll be there Saturday. I was planning on showing. I did this last year and paid on arrival. Is that still possible?

ok, since this is a MCA Show, to be judged you had to be pre-registered by 8/2 however you can sign up at the show to Display only for $20.00
Old 08-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #8
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by j21moss View Post
ok, since this is a MCA Show, to be judged you had to be pre-registered by 8/2 however you can sign up at the show to Display only for $20.00
Cool, good news. Maybe someday I'll get her judged. Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Cool, good news. Maybe someday I'll get her judged. Thanks!
Lol $20 isn't bad for a prime parking spot. Probably cost $10 in the back forty. I'll look you up.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #10
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc x 4 View Post

Lol $20 isn't bad for a prime parking spot. Probably cost $10 in the back forty. I'll look you up.
Right on! I was parked next to an 03 Mach1 with ~17k miles. He drove in from Ohio.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:38 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Right on! I was parked next to an 03 Mach1 with ~17k miles. He drove in from Ohio.
Any idea what traffic will be like, never been before.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #12
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Any idea what traffic will be like, never been before.
It wasn't bad at all last year, but the event was in June and it was hotter than ***** outside. There might be more present this year, but I wouldn't think it would be too bad. I can post an update tomorrow afternoon and Sat morning if you like.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

It wasn't bad at all last year, but the event was in June and it was hotter than ***** outside. There might be more present this year, but I wouldn't think it would be too bad. I can post an update tomorrow afternoon and Sat morning if you like.
Cool, I'm planning on getting there 10ish. I take it there's plenty of food vendors.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:24 AM   #14
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:

Cool, I'm planning on getting there 10ish. I take it there's plenty of food vendors.
I don't think there was last time, but I could be wrong. We arrived right after a big @ss breakfast at Flap Jacks in Brownsburg (5 min west).
Old 08-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yep, I believe that might have been the Dark Shadow Grey Mach 1. If it was, then it's a friend of mine from Cincy, His name is Greg Zimmer. He & I go to a lot of Mustang shows together. One week he wins and then the next I win..LOL Very nice car. I can tell you there will be about 10 Mach 1's or more. More than likely if you see Greg, I am usually hanging around him but since I do work the show, might be a little tough. Another one that shows up is a Black Mach with Silver stripes. His name is John Herdon from Louisville, KY. We hang with each other we shows come up. The other one who will not be with us will be Frank McKnight. He passed away from us back early last year. He had a Azure Blue one. Do miss him a lot, he was also one of the founders of the Mach 1 Registry.

Hope to see you there!! I'll be roaming around but not until Saturday afternoon, due to started a new job and can not be there Friday or Saturday morning..bummer!!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Just a reminder, you will need to go to gate entrance on the road off of SR136 West of the Main Entrance. It is the next road up past the Main entrance. Signs will be posted
Old 08-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #16
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by j21moss View Post

Yep, I believe that might have been the Dark Shadow Grey Mach 1. If it was, then it's a friend of mine from Cincy, His name is Greg Zimmer. He & I go to a lot of Mustang shows together. One week he wins and then the next I win..LOL Very nice car. I can tell you there will be about 10 Mach 1's or more. More than likely if you see Greg, I am usually hanging around him but since I do work the show, might be a little tough. Another one that shows up is a Black Mach with Silver stripes. His name is John Herdon from Louisville, KY. We hang with each other we shows come up. The other one who will not be with us will be Frank McKnight. He passed away from us back early last year. He had a Azure Blue one. Do miss him a lot, he was also one of the founders of the Mach 1 Registry.

Hope to see you there!! I'll be roaming around but not until Saturday afternoon, due to started a new job and can not be there Friday or Saturday morning..bummer!!

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Just a reminder, you will need to go to gate entrance on the road off of SR136 West of the Main Entrance. It is the next road up past the Main entrance. Signs will be posted
I've seen Frank's pic and heard of his passing on the M1R. That's a dang shame. He sounds like he was a cool dude. Your friend with the DSG Mach was a nice guy. I hope to see you all there too.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Hey Guys, listen up, I just found out tonight MCA is making mandatory that all entries must have a fire extinguisher. They made that change this year on display entries. Kinda stupid, but understand, u just never know, probably be a good idea to pick one up at your local store, but if not, there is a vendor that will be there that will be selling them at show site. Sorry for the last minute notice, but just trying to get the word out!!
Old 08-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
Lorraine's driver

Regular

Had fun today. I am at #473, but I'm leaving soon.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion