Six gap ride on November 16th - Page 21 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #701
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allans03ragtop View Post

How far from Helen to rabun

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------



Like I said we will keep it slow for you. Lmao
Bahaha OK I'm sure Steve will slow us down again anyways :p

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach138 View Post
bout 40-50the long way. I was figureing we could all stop in Rabun before we went up Highlands anyway to get a drink and top tanks for who needs it. Last i checked regular 82 was $3.12gallon at BP. The straight gas is about 20cents more
82?! WTF lol I hope u meant 92
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #702
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Bahaha OK I'm sure Steve will slow us down again anyways :p ---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ---------- 82?! WTF lol I hope u meant 92
nope i mean the low test piss. If anyone wants to run it. The 92high test is $3.30 a gallon. $3.50for real gas
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #703
Registered Member
Regular
 
Allans03ragtop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Knoxville
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Bahaha OK I'm sure Steve will slow us down again anyways :p

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------



82?! WTF lol I hope u meant 92
I hope 93
__________________

03 Sonic Blue CONVERTIBLE W/STYLE BAR AND SPEEDSTER COVER AND 18X10W/275/35 REAR AND 18X9W/245/45 FRONT. OFF ROAD X-PIPE 40 SIERIES FLOMASTERS AND CAI.
Allans03ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #704
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach138 View Post
nope i mean the low test piss. If anyone wants to run it. The 92high test is $3.30 a gallon. $3.50for real gas
They actually sell 82 octane gas?! Is that even legal? WTF
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #705
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allans03ragtop View Post
I hope 93
allan Ga and Tenn are the same on gas give or take a penny. NC will rape you on price. So its a safe bet that what it is up there it will be in Ga

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
They actually sell 82 octane gas?! Is that even legal? WTF
tellin you man low test is either 82-87up here depending on the brand. And Marathon or Mobile SUCKS. High test runs mid90-97octane
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #706
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Damn I'd like to get ahold of some of that 97 lol but I'll settle for 93 :p that's all my baby gets. And none of that corn water in my gas.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #707
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Damn I'd like to get ahold of some of that 97 lol but I'll settle for 93 :p that's all my baby gets. And none of that corn water in my gas.
i use 10% most of the time. But i run real through it to clean it out.
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #708
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach138 View Post
i use 10% most of the time. But i run real through it to clean it out.
I just do it for piece of mind and it nets better fuel economy and power

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post

I just do it for piece of mind and it nets better fuel economy and power
To me it justifies the extra $ per tank
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #709
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I just do it for piece of mind and it nets better fuel economy and power ---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ---------- To me it justifies the extra $ per tank
i honestly cant tell the difference in mileage. Power i can tell it sounds better more aggressive. Thats bout it
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #710
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach138 View Post
i honestly cant tell the difference in mileage. Power i can tell it sounds better more aggressive. Thats bout it
I could definitely tell when I was tuned on my 3.7. And I have to run 93 with my TRACKEY
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:06 PM   #711
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
I could definitely tell when I was tuned on my 3.7. And I have to run 93 with my TRACKEY
i have no choice but to run high test. Stock i would spark knock like heLLo since the stroker and upped compression i could stand to run 101in mine cause if its bad gas i hear spark knock.
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #712
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Hope it doesn't rain we went up to deals one time on the bikes and it poured when we got there. We unloaded the bikes in Franklin and rode from there needless to say it wasn't a very fun trip.
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #713
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
Hope it doesn't rain we went up to deals one time on the bikes and it poured when we got there. We unloaded the bikes in Franklin and rode from there needless to say it wasn't a very fun trip.
Yea it rained on our last TN ride but I still rode the dragon the next day as hard as it'd let me lol. Fun times.
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #714
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Yea it rained on our last TN ride but I still rode the dragon the next day as hard as it'd let me lol. Fun times.
Lol we did learn that time it rained on us the tires had a lot more grip than we all thought they would for sure. I'm sure it is going to be a totally different experience in the car but I am really looking forward to it. My last trip on the bike was about 6 years ago to old and way to fat for that now hahaha
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #715
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
Hope it doesn't rain we went up to deals one time on the bikes and it poured when we got there. We unloaded the bikes in Franklin and rode from there needless to say it wasn't a very fun trip.
speaking of Franklin. That is where we are comein out at from Highlands. And Highlands runs about 10-15degrees colder than Rabun or Franklin so just a friendly heads up
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #716
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post

Lol we did learn that time it rained on us the tires had a lot more grip than we all thought they would for sure. I'm sure it is going to be a totally different experience in the car but I am really looking forward to it. My last trip on the bike was about 6 years ago to old and way to fat for that now hahaha
Bahaha I miss by bike :'( I might be a Lil chunky but that ain't stopping me from hitting the curves on a bike :p

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

BTW just a reminder... We are meeting at the troll tavern at 11 am correct?
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #717
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach138 View Post
speaking of Franklin. That is where we are comein out at from Highlands. And Highlands runs about 10-15degrees colder than Rabun or Franklin so just a friendly heads up
That's going to be awesome there are some really good roads around there or at least they used to be lol. We would always stay at the microtel in Franklin and ride 28 from there to the gap. Always liked 28 leaving franklin

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Bahaha I miss by bike :'( I might be a Lil chunky but that ain't stopping me from hitting the curves on a bike :p ---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ---------- BTW just a reminder... We are meeting at the troll tavern at 11 am correct?
Man I'm way passed the chunky stage hahaha I stopped smoking and have gained a freaking ton
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #718
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Lol I was being nice by saying chunky lol I'm a Lil past chunky myself
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #719
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
That's going to be awesome there are some really good roads around there or at least they used to be lol. We would always stay at the microtel in Franklin and ride 28 from there to the gap. Always liked 28 leaving franklin ---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ---------- Man I'm way passed the chunky stage hahaha I stopped smoking and have gained a freaking ton
28 is fun and if you go to Asheville you can take a 2lane black top all the way back to Waynesville and its a fun ride. The ride over the Smokeys is fun. Just alot of great rides

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Lol I was being nice by saying chunky lol I'm a Lil past chunky myself
im a svelte 185-195. But when you are 6ft it looks bigger. Lol.
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #720
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Me at roebling road in 2007
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1040771868.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	135845  
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #721
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
Me at roebling road in 2007
nice rocket.
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #722
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post
Me at roebling road in 2007
Get that knee down lol
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #723
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach138 View Post
nice rocket.
That was a 05 gsxr 600 once we got big into doing track days I traded in my gsxr 1000 on the 600 everybody said I was crazy but in all the years I rode I had more fun on that 600 than any other bike I ever owned

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Get that knee down lol
Lol my step mom took that pic and I told her why didn't you get one with my knee down hahaha
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #724
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post

That was a 05 gsxr 600 once we got big into doing track days I traded in my gsxr 1000 on the 600 everybody said I was crazy but in all the years I rode I had more fun on that 600 than any other bike I ever owned
Some ppl just don't get it. That 600 is faster in the curves, it's lighter and easier the flick around. And 100x the fun :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 PM   #725
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Some ppl just don't get it. That 600 is faster in the curves, it's lighter and easier the flick around. And 100x the fun :p
Me and a buddy of mine went to a corner speed school at vir and the next week we both traded in out 1000's
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #726
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post

Me and a buddy of mine went to a corner speed school at vir and the next week we both traded in out 1000's
Lol true story :p
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #727
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s View Post

Me and a buddy of mine went to a corner speed school at vir and the next week we both traded in out 1000's
Just wondering in 07 gsxr 1000 are only 25lbs heavier then the 600 right does it make that much of a difference in cornering ?
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #728
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Lol. Ok ok. So ill speed up this time. Can't take it easy for nothing around here. Best of all, I won't be going to rice central (pep boys) and giving them 500$ and them take 3 hours to change 2 tires.

I have discovered I am always in need.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #729
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post

Just wondering in 07 gsxr 1000 are only 25lbs heavier then the 600 right does it make that much of a difference ?
Yup lol. Lower center of gravity and unsprung weight
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #730
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mach138's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Rabun
Region: Georgia
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black on Boss View Post
Lol true story :p
see im a cruiser fan. I like rockets. But idk
Mach138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #731
Registered Member
Regular
 
Black on Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Perry, GA
Region: Georgia
Posts: 7,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Lol. Ok ok. So ill speed up this time. Can't take it easy for nothing around here. Best of all, I won't be going to rice central (pep boys) and giving them 500$ and them take 3 hours to change 2 tires.

I have discovered I am always in need.
Bahaha maybe I should go check my tires
Black on Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #732
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming Mach View Post

Just wondering in 07 gsxr 1000 are only 25lbs heavier then the 600 right does it make that much of a difference in cornering ?
For me and 99% of riders the 1000 just has to much power...all that horsepower is alot of fun and my 1000 was insanely fast even with me on it at that time I was about 250 lbs I could ride 3rd gear stand ups at will. You have to be very careful with the throttle on the 1000 in the turns especially when your on the edge of the tire. I just felt more comfortable at the track on the 600. At every track I ever rode I was faster on the 600 with almost 100 less horsepower
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #733
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Oh and it has to be 93 octane no matter where we go.
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #734
Registered Member
Regular
 
mike s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beech Island,SC
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubnbit View Post
Oh and it has to be 93 octane no matter where we go.
Agreed
mike s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #735
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
Why is pure gas more expensive than fake?
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:33 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.