Oakland Autocross - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Oakland Autocross

Going to the autocross in Oakland on Sunday. Anybody else want to go to this one or maybe another event some time?
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Well, you know that I'm in!
If any of you other guys want to give autocross a try ,it's a little less stressful, your first time, if you have some friends to show you the "ropes".
You can't miss Soccerluvr4's and my Bullitts... come give it a shot.
You'll be hooked!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
Well, you know that I'm in!
If any of you other guys want to give autocross a try ,it's a little less stressful, your first time, if you have some friends to show you the "ropes".
You can't miss Soccerluvr4's and my Bullitts... come give it a shot.
You'll be hooked!

Lol yea my first time my friend was supposed to go with me and he flaked. I was there by myself lol

What time are you gonna get there Ron? I also gotta still adjust my tire PSIs. My entire driver side are both 5 pounds lower than my passenger side.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-15-2014, 06:51 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
I just went and watched Bullitt1075 and Venomouz831 my first time.

I'm going to try to be there at 7:30.

I like to adjust my tire pressure when the tires are all the same temperature, if the sun is shining on one side of your car, that could account for the 5 psi difference between the two sides, believe it or not.
I do it in the early morning or the late evening when the sun is low, if the tires are on the car.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 07:43 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
I just went and watched Bullitt1075 and Venomouz831 my first time.

I'm going to try to be there at 7:30.

I like to adjust my tire pressure when the tires are all the same temperature, if the sun is shining on one side of your car, that could account for the 5 psi difference between the two sides, believe it or not.
I do it in the early morning or the late evening when the sun is low, if the tires are on the car.
The weird thing is the side that had the lower psi was the side in the sun. I'll check again later though.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #6
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Videos from today's Autocross at Oakland. Only was able to get 2 of them. My 3rd run (1st vid) was my best time of the day, and i meant to finish just like i did lol.


__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 01:51 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Haha.
That poor lady who was doing the time slips must have been freaking out, first you came through the lights sideways, and then Brian, in the Camaro, comes right behind you through the lights BACKWARDS!!!
I see that we were both having the same problem deciding which side of the cones to start the slaloms. Lol.
I liked Oakland! They set up a fast, fun little track. I was initially concerned about the condition of the pavement but I never noticed hitting any of the potholes and I thought that the traction was pretty good.
It was surprising how many Bullitts were there... Four! Thats a record amount, for me to have seen in one day since owning my car!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
jonyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Sunnyvale,CA
Region: California
Posts: 232
That looked pretty fun. I probably would be interested in the future. Not sure what I'd need to adjust my car but looks like It'd be fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
__________________
2014 V6 Performance Package Sterling Grey
MPT Tuned.
Airaid CAI, BBK Shorty Headers, Borla S-types, Stubby Antenna, JLT Catch Can, MMD hood struts, GT500 spoiler, Oracle Halos on GT Grille, Dynotech One piece Aluminum Driveshaft.
jonyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:37 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
DaBluedude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Region: Canada
Posts: 1,996
Looks like fun. But it's a pretty simple track, didn't have much for variation. I'm itching to get back to auto X... Still a couple months away for me.
__________________
2003 Mach 1
DaBluedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyou View Post
That looked pretty fun. I probably would be interested in the future. Not sure what I'd need to adjust my car but looks like It'd be fun.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
All you need to do is inflate your tires to a little higher than normal pressure. That's all you need to do to get started.
Nothing fancy.
My car is almost completely stock.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Looks like fun. But it's a pretty simple track, didn't have much for variation. I'm itching to get back to auto X... Still a couple months away for me.
That was a very simple track compared to the diabolical tracks that the other club that I drive with sets up. It was a nice change having a course thats more suitable for American cars rather than Smart cars...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #12
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I think my favorite track so far was the one at Marina that I went to.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Preliminary Results Are In!

We did pretty good!
ESP went just like we thought it did with Brian winning the class in his trailered, too modified to even be in ESP, Camaro on race tires...
And you DID beat that 08 GT Andrew, by about a second, AND he had better tires than you, so that was a VERY nice job!
I couldn't find any times (Or even the car!) for the Bullitt that showed up for the afternoon groups, so he must not have been running in a class and just doing fun runs.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #14
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
We did pretty good!

ESP went just like we thought it did with Brian winning the class in his trailered, too modified to even be in ESP, Camaro on race tires...

And you DID beat that 08 GT Andrew, by about a second, AND he had better tires than you, so that was a VERY nice job!

I couldn't find any times (Or even the car!) for the Bullitt that showed up for the afternoon groups, so he must not have been running in a class and just doing fun runs.

The guy with the 08 said he had LCAs, subframes, tune, panhard bar and a few other things. So I'm surprised I beat him.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I'm ready for my suspension to look like this lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suspension.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	151306  
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerluvr4 View Post
I'm ready for my suspension to look like this lol
When you show up at the track with that setup, be sure to bring your "A game" with you... 'Cause you're going to be racing against some pretty fast Corvettes and such...

I'll be the first one to hand you your walking papers right out of ESP with all of those mods...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:26 PM   #17
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
When you show up at the track with that setup, be sure to bring your "A game" with you... 'Cause you're going to be racing against some pretty fast Corvettes and such...



I'll be the first one to hand you your walking papers right out of ESP with all of those mods...

I pretty much want to have a badass car that'll do just stuff. Yea there will be cars at AutoX that beat me, but I want a well rounded car instead of one just dedicated. So I don't mind bumping out of the bracket and racing others, even if it does mean losing lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
So I was coming back from going to eat. I was about a mile away from campus and I saw that Bullitt with the red stripes that ran in group 4 at the autocross. I did a huge double take and saw the stripes.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Salinas
Region: California
Posts: 7,411
I was able to find his times after learning how to navigate the results that they posted, and that was a two driver car. They did fun runs.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:16 PM   #20
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Now that I saw the car a mile away from campus I gotta try to find him again lol
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



10:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.