Hoping to start a hospital event - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #1

Region: New Hampshire
Talking Hoping to start a hospital event

Hello everyone, my name is Alex I am recently new to joining the forum, but have used it in the past to learn about the new coyote engine and issues people have faced with owning it. In the last year I purchased a 2013 Deep Impact Blue, Mustang Gt. During the time of owning my mustang I have noticed the enjoyment that it brings to everyone who sees it, as I am sure all of you have experienced. Well I am throwing an idea out there that maybe we should use our cars to bring happiness to those who are in difficult troubles, such as children. What I am hoping to do is to get other mustang owners to attend a children's hospital to allow kids to see our cars to help bring some joy to them. For me this is something I would like to do because when I was younger I was in the hospital at times for liver enzyme issues and what always helped keep up enthusiasm was watching mustang videos or reading the car magazines on them. So for me this is a favor I'd like to return to other so that they may keep their hopes up and look forward to some day owning a mustang too. I live in New Hampshire but again this is just a idea to throw out there and see the responses and ideas that others may have on this subject.
Thank you.
5.Ohboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
This is an awesome idea. The children will be happy, it'll bring their spirits up and help them coup with whatever bad thing(s) they are dealing with at the hospital. Great way to spend some time not thinking about their current state. You can spread the word around through your friends, to any mustang owners, local mustang clubs and through here, more than likely there are ppl from New Hampshire and would like to participate on this. As soon as a couple more people want to participate let's say at least 4 others (for now), you could contact the hospital your thinking about going explain to them what you're wanting to do and if its possible to do it what time would be best. Or you could contact the hospital as of now to find out if it will be possible to do.

I live in Texas so helping you realize this physically will be hard, but I really like your idea. Around a year or year and a half ago I wanted to join a school organization really bad they did different activities. One of them was they would go Saturdays to the hospital and spend an hour or two or more (can't recall how long) with the children doing different activities. I would see pictures and one could really tell the children were happy and their day was made. Unfortunately I couldn't join because I had too much on my hands. But now I have a bit more free time, so maybe and hopefully I could do the same down here. :thumbup:
Old 09-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I know that if I was in the hospital, which I have been a lot, for extended times. Last time was 11th grade twice, for weeks.

I would want something like this to happen. Fantastic idea.
2013 GT Premium, Red Candy Metallic, Recaro seats, Electronic package, Strut tower brace, Sway bars, SHR flush mounted window louvers, RTR street-spec axleback exhaust, Ford Racing Boss 302 Side Exhaust, RTR wheels, 50/35% Window tint, Steeda black shorty antenna, and Ford OE Matte Hood Vents.
mustangz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin
Great idea! The only glitch I see is if the weather is bad, and everyone will be counting on it to happen. Even if people didn't mind taking their cars there in the rain, the kids won't be coming out to see them. They could be greatly disappointed. It would probably have to be something that the hospital knows about ahead of time but not the kids. That way if it doesn't happen, they won't be disappointed.

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution
GrabberMeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
I think this is a wonderful idea and would certainly cheer up any kids/patients that have a passion for cars.

You could give it a few solo trials to see how it goes and then go from there. Go to a hospital and pitch your idea to them, tell them you have your car here now if anyone would like to see it. Record your results and plan for a bigger event next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
DiESeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiESeven View Post
I think this is a wonderful idea and would certainly cheer up any kids/patients that have a passion for cars.

You could give it a few solo trials to see how it goes and then go from there. Go to a hospital and pitch your idea to them, tell them you have your car here now if anyone would like to see it. Record your results and plan for a bigger event next time!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Good idea!

Old 09-04-2014, 10:02 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Hoping to start a hospital event

You know, this is also a great idea for nursing homes / senior living communities. I have a buddy that works maintenance at a place like that and gave a 90+ guy a ride around the parking lot on the back of his Harley when all the bikes showed up there for the Harley anniversary. He couldn't believe he was riding around with a guy that old on the back of his bike but he said the guy loved it. He used to ride when he was younger and thought he would never get on a bike again. Even got their picture in the newspaper.

There's a nursing home in Green Bay that is going to try this for the first time on September 20th. We are probably going to take the Mustang if the weather is nice that day.

I took my '79 T/A to a car show at a retirement community for nuns a few years back.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:23 PM   #8

Oh if this was to go through it would be planned with the hospital. A friend talked to a nurse at a local hospital that agreed on the idea and how it would affect the kids. And you are correct GrabberMeBlue that it could work for nursing homes. I was just thinking kids because for kids who have cancer and other illnesses I know how they can be bed ridden for hours at a time during the day. But I'd definitely love to make anyone's day that we could affect. And a trial run would be a good idea but Vic14 I think is on the money with 4 cars because it adds variety for the kids to look at.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
This is an AWESOME idea!!!!!
And it could truly be a regional event for the forum members who live near one another to get together and plan a meeting at a children's hospital or a nursing home that is centrally located.
It would be fun to meet with the people that we converse with on here and I know that the kids, especially, would brighten right up when they see our shiny cars.
As always, I suppose that the real problem is getting enough cars there, with everyone's busy lives and all. This seems like it's for such a good cause, though, maybe it would generate more interest than a "traditional" car show or something like that.

Thank you for bringing this up 5.0h... You've given us some food for thought.
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

If done at a nursing home, you could charge a nominal registration fee like $5 or $10 and then donate that money to their Activity department. My wife works in Activities at a nursing home, and even a small amount of money would help them out greatly. They have a small pot of money for bingo games, buying ice cream for residents, supplies for craft projects, etc. How could a facility turn you down if you offer to help them out?

Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by straybullitt View Post
This is an AWESOME idea!!!!!
And it could truly be a regional event for the forum members who live near one another to get together and plan a meeting at a children's hospital or a nursing home that is centrally located.
It would be fun to meet with the people that we converse with on here and I know that the kids, especially, would brighten right up when they see our shiny cars.
As always, I suppose that the real problem is getting enough cars there, with everyone's busy lives and all. This seems like it's for such a good cause, though, maybe it would generate more interest than a "traditional" car show or something like that.

Thank you for bringing this up 5.0h... You've given us some food for thought.
+1
Going to a nursing home is also a good idea.

Grabber +1. Exactly, how can someone turn down a helping hand. Its all really a matter of planning and getting some guys/gals who want to join. As 5.0 said, and I mentioned, getting at least 3 or 4 others to join would be cool. The children or nursing home patients can see a variety of cars and not just one. The way I see it, seeing just one car, sure it'll cheer them up but seeing more cars will not only cheer them up but they'll also have a mind set of "there's people out there that does think about us" you know? And the obvious there's more than one model and everyone has different mods so seeing different cars will be cool.

If done at a cancer children's hospital and the meets turn out good. Maybe one can try to plan a bigger event with the hospital to help raise awareness of cancer. IMO. Or am I going a bit overboard with this? Haha
Old 09-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #12

It definitely could help raise awareness and funds for either, so I don't think your going to far and I appreciate all this feed back.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:32 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Thought I would share this. Saw this on the South Texas Mustang Club Facebook page.

Never knew this club did anything like this. I'll try to make it and see how everything goes :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1410060468177.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	165370  
Old 09-07-2014, 07:26 AM   #14

That's awesome and extremely helpful, let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Will do

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die... The in between is mine."
Old 09-16-2014, 09:54 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Not to sure if I'll be able to make it to the event on the 27th. Seems that I'll be heading to a wildlife refuge that day to volunteer. Ugh, never get to attend good events haha. Let's see what happens, hopefully I'll be able to do both
Old 09-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #17
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Alex, if you do this let me know. I've been doing cruises 2x (or so) a year and tend to get 12+ cars with me. I've got the next one Oct 11th if ya wanna see what they are like come on down It's in Mass but we have folks from NH come. I've got one guy from NJ who says he's gonna come too.

Mud
Old 09-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #18

Hey I appreciate that and I have been paying attention to the October cruise that you are doing. I think I might go if I can.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion