Connecticut Summer Cruise 2015 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2015, 09:25 AM   #1
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Smile Connecticut Summer Cruise 2015

RoboStang and I are planning another Mustang cruise. The 2015 Connecticut Summer Cruise will be held on Saturday, July 25th with a rain date of Sunday the 26th. The route has not yet been finalized but it will be in south central CT in the vicinity of the Connecticut River. The starting point will be somewhere in the Meriden/Wallingford area probably around 11am. Like last year lunch back at Rob's place afterwards. Rob is thinking pizza this time. We hope you can join us. More details to follow so stay tuned. A good number of you have been on our cruises B4 so you know what to expect. CT ones tend to be a bit slower as there are more people and fewer isolated roads but I've picked out some of my favorite roads to share.

<<<<Mud Everyone else>>>>>

Hoping you all wanna come along for a ride! Plz let us know at either site or through PM'ing either of us.

I'm putting in a link to the other Forum I support (AM)

Connecticut Summer Cruise 2015 - Ford Mustang Forum
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
AHHHH, so my idea worked. You guys are going to do a summer cruise after all! If its possible maybe we can do a Ct/Ma cruise. Start down in CT and work on up through Ma, maybe get some Lobster??
Fintile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

I'm all in with this cruise.. Lobster sounds good to me. Or anywhere..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2015, 07:54 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
I'm all in with this cruise.. Lobster sounds good to me. Or anywhere..

MPT TUNE, Borla S-Type, Airaid Cai, Ford racing X pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, 2010 GT500 rims, 35% tint, Sr Springs, J&M phb, camber bolts, blacked out side markers, front and taillights.
Thats what i was going for. Maybe Rockport????
Old 06-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
AHHHH, so my idea worked. You guys are going to do a summer cruise after all! If its possible maybe we can do a Ct/Ma cruise. Start down in CT and work on up through Ma, maybe get some Lobster??
Hmmm...a reason for a second summer cruise. If you organize it, I will be there!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:49 AM   #6
Staff

Regular
Staff

Meeting place/time: Cruise starts at 11:00 AM!

1064 E Main St #102, Meriden, CT (Cloverleaf Dental)

This is a Dental/Medical building with a Mobil station right across the street....plenty of parking and we will start heading down Bee St which is a right directly out of the lot. I've got 6-8 cars confirmed so far if the number is less than 8-10 we'll take a ride on the Chester Ferry which will be a wicked cool photo op

We have a nice route that is mostly planned out of about 80-90 miles with plenty of turns remember walkie talkies as if you get separated from the herd your survival prospects will diminish.

This is a good time to mention that as on all our rides: It's at your own risk and we get to strip out any salvageable parts if you don't make it.
Old 07-02-2015, 03:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in!!
Dbcrusader36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 06:53 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbcrusader36 View Post
I'm in!!
Great! I think we have at least 10 cars at this point.

Rob
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 07-02-2015, 08:31 PM   #9
Registered Member

Regular

Can't go as a I have to officiate at a friend's wedding.

Just kidding about the officiating part.

If there is another summer one in the offing that involves lobster, I'm all for it! Mustang Evolution clam bake!
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #10
Staff

Regular
Staff

Russ & Dianne and their Shelby Vert say they're in too!
Old 07-03-2015, 08:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Can't wait for this one mud hopefully I'll be done with my break in period at the shop now installing my gears.

Old 07-05-2015, 04:55 PM   #12
Staff

Regular
Staff

I just got in from testing some of the roads we'll be cruising.....an educated person would describe them as "Highly Technical"

I'm just saying "Oh My"

Let me remind you of the "At your own risk" policy and to suggest you practice avoiding stone walls.
Old 07-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

My kind of cruise!!! Can't wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Looks like I'll be able to see how this new suspension came out
Old 07-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Suspension done, gears done, now I'm hoping I could keep with you guys.. This will be fun..

Old 07-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

What gears did you go with?
Old 07-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
What gears did you go with?
3:73

Old 07-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in. I'll get to test out my new koni suspension set up and possibly my brembo brakes if I get can get them installed in time.
paintmann111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Nice bud I just did the same thing myself. Plus the 8.8 rear!!!
Old 07-08-2015, 11:39 AM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

just so ya'll know that I care I'm not taking you on the bit with the dirt road......it is well maintained (for dirt) but so narrow if we met someone it would be entertaining. I was gonna ask Rob about it next week when we dry run it but figured it is a bit too much. We do have some real nice roads though with nice scenery and some with so many curves that the driver won't be able to enjoy the view.

Db36, you can search some of my threads for earlier rides...Rob and I do these a few times per year.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:52 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds good man anything I should prepare myself for?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Other than meeting a bunch of great Mustang enthusiasts and having a blast, nothing to prepare for. Just show up with your wits about you, a full tank of gas and walkie-talkies if you have them.

Rob
Old 07-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like damn good day!!
Old 07-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #24
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:

Buying gas for everyone under the "New kid buys gas for everyone" rule.

I'll mention again walkie talkies are good to have, I have one extra I can lend out as long as whoever borrows it either hands it back or mails it to me if they forget. Be advised we normally try to run at a good clip, we don't go crazy but this is not a sedate paced leisurely ride. People will bring GoPros/camera's idk if we are doing a photo op on this one but expect a 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hr ride and ending up in Cheshire at Robs house afterwards.
Old 07-09-2015, 08:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Buying gas for everyone under the "New kid buys gas for everyone" rule.

I'll mention again walkie talkies are good to have, I have one extra I can lend out as long as whoever borrows it either hands it back or mails it to me if they forget. Be advised we normally try to run at a good clip, we don't go crazy but this is not a sedate paced leisurely ride. People will bring GoPros/camera's idk if we are doing a photo op on this one but expect a 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hr ride and ending up in Cheshire at Robs house afterwards.
on gas for rookies..... ill have my dash cam with me so i will taking videos on the rides.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:30 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry guys but cant go. I work Saturdays an just got moved up to a new department. i cant be requesting time off so soon. too bad you couldn't have just set the day for Sunday. Have fun, I'll just head up to Rockport when i can to get me some $12 lobster one of these days LOL
Old 07-11-2015, 01:38 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Sorry guys but cant go. I work Saturdays an just got moved up to a new department. i cant be requesting time off so soon. too bad you couldn't have just set the day for Sunday. Have fun, I'll just head up to Rockport when i can to get me some $12 lobster one of these days LOL
Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Of course you could pray for rain on Saturday. NOT!!!! Let us know when you are going to make that trip to Rockport. You just might get some company!
Old 07-13-2015, 10:36 AM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Sorry to hear that you can't make it. Of course you could pray for rain on Saturday. NOT!!!! Let us know when you are going to make that trip to Rockport. You just might get some company!
Will do!
Old 07-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

One week from today folks. Hope to see a bunch of you there! Mud and I are taking a dry run of the route tomorrow. I hope he doesn't lose me in the woods of CT!!!!
Old 07-18-2015, 02:34 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
One week from today folks. Hope to see a bunch of you there! Mud and I are taking a dry run of the route tomorrow. I hope he doesn't lose me in the woods of CT!!!!
Nice man i can't wait will see you guys there..

Old 07-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Ill see you all there....Sunday LOL. Sorry i hoping it rains.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:28 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

if camping this weekend falls through im there, otherwise im in for the next one.
dcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:09 AM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

I can't make the cruise but would be interested in meeting up at the starting point just to introduce myself.

-Scott
2011 GT Premium 401A Grabber Blue Sold
Grabber Blue5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 05:25 AM   #34
Staff

Regular
Staff

I look better online.....But yeah we do meet and greet before the ride and it'll be good to put a face to the avatar. I'm thinking we'll have around 15 cars for what is going to be an good ride. I hope to get there between 10 - 10:30
Old 07-20-2015, 05:31 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Hey mud how was the dry run yesterday? I was there at your neighborhood yesterday at Ocean Beach Park, I saw some cruises too it was all Honda ricers all slammed.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion