New England Fall Cruise 2015 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:43 AM   #1
Staff

Regular
Staff

Region: Connecticut
Smile New England Fall Cruise 2015

Here we go again.....

RoboStang and I are running another cruise. This one will start in MA and while details are being worked on (we're doing some exploring of routes) the important part is the date:

Saturday October 24th (rain date of Sunday the 25th)

We had 19 cars on the last one and are looking fwd to another fun ride. For those who haven't been on one of my rides we set a good pace w/o going crazy and they are about the drive. We try and make the route somewhere around 100 miles and yes we will stop for lunch. You can search my threads for pictures/videos of earlier rides.

Standard Club Mud rules apply: These rides are at your own risk.

If you end up in the woods we get to strip any salvageable parts off your car and post the videos online.

PM either Rob or myself or post here if you'll be coming so we can give a heads up to the restaurant.

Looking forward to another ride with friends.

Mud
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 06:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

let roll! im in!
dcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 10:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Yay! Count me in!
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Restoration project back on the road: my dad's 1969 Camaro SS 350
tym_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in..

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Do I have to tell ya that I am in?
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:27 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
Do I have to tell ya that I am in?
Or else we have to beg for you to be in the cruise..

MPT tune, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
Old 08-18-2015, 04:37 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunc01 View Post
Or else we have to beg for you to be in the cruise..

You might have to beg me to stay away!!!!! I am pumped already!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 08-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robostang View Post
You might have to beg me to stay away!!!!! I am pumped already!
Nice it's going to be another awesome ride and meet some awesome people. Can't wait.

Old 08-18-2015, 04:55 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Kev do I have to put the car in neutral or in Park? So I can rotate the stock shaft..

Old 08-18-2015, 06:36 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Sounds like fun but after doing the 600 mile run to the American Muscle Car Show, that would be about 800 miles. My poor old tush with all the other OEM body parts can't make it. Be with you in Spirit though.
2013 Silver V6 Premium, Ford Racing Handling Package, MGP Black Caliper Covers, Airaid CAI, Bama Tuner, BBK Catted X-Pipes, Corsa Sport Axle-Back Exhaust, Alum One Piece Driveshaft, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Whiteline Adj. UCA, Whiteling ADJ. Lower Control Arms, Whiteline Adj. Pan Hard Bar, Upgraded Rotors (Cross Cut and Drilled), Ceramic Pads, J&M Stainless Steel Brake Lines (Front and Back), 18" Staggered Chrome Bullitts, MMD Eleanor Side Scoops, Side Scoops, Roush Front and Lower Grilles and Super Snake Stripes.
NewMtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 06:50 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah. 800 miles is a long way to come for a 3 hour cruise. Maybe you will be in the area for the next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 08-18-2015, 11:00 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I'll see if I can get time off from work to come!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:38 AM   #13

Sounds like a nice cruise.
Thomasanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:54 AM   #14
Staff

Regular
Staff

a link to the other forum I'm active on.

New England Fall Cruise 2015 - Ford Mustang Forum

New kids, they are great cruises. I don't know how other cruises are run but these are my idea of a great ride.....semi-rural roads at a decent pace with a bunch of friends. If you've never gone on a ride in a herd of Stangs an added bonus is getting to see folks reactions when we go by. Most are excited/counting/waving (even filming) although the old guy in the Mercedes convertible on Tater Hill Rd during the last ride didn't seem too happy with us.

I'll put up pics from earlier ones unless someone beats me to it.

I like saying Tater Hill
Old 08-19-2015, 06:23 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Here are a couple of videos from the summer cruise just to give you an idea of what the rides are like.

https://youtu.be/DRPE8Ji1pnI

https://youtu.be/0FjYJgKbgIk
Old 09-01-2015, 09:07 AM   #16
Staff

Regular
Staff

Update: So last wknd Rob, Kestral, Zac, and myself went for a dry run exploring new roads. We found some good and not so good ones. We are asking opinions on cruise length. Normally we try for a bit over 3 hrs 110 miles how does the idea of 3 3/4 hrs 140 miles sound? We have some great new roads but wonder if it's too much. Anyone can chime in but mention if you are coming or not. If we do the extra distance we very well start at 10:30 instead of the usual 11:00.

side note the fun of only having 4 of us on the mini run was we could pass the slow people.....if that was you in your wife's Subaru we apologize.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:16 AM   #17
Registered Member

Regular

^ I'd be fine with that.
2013 Grabber Blue V6 Premium auto | MCA | Performance Package | BMR/Shelby Panhard Bar | Steeda Rear End Links | BMR Rear LCAs | JLT Oil Sep | FRPP Diff Cover | DSS Aluminum Shaft | Adaptive Shift Delete | Cervini Type 4 Ram Air Hood
Order: 10/13/12 | VIN: 10/19/12 | Sticker: 11/3/12 | Build: 11/30/12 | Mine: 12/22/12!

Old 09-02-2015, 07:25 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

im good with it!
Old 09-02-2015, 07:37 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Sounds like a plan to me
Old 09-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #20
Staff

Regular
Staff

Voting is still open but I like the votes so far. I'll say the probable new route is about 30% different. I've kept in some of the better roads (including the hairpin turn on the Mohawk trail) but the start is improved and I did find a great new road. fyi we do end up at a different stopping point than the Home Depot but it is close enough after a 140 mile ride as not to matter. As B4 I don't release the route details on advice of council who runs these for bikes and has had law enforcement stake out the route.

side note: I was convinced I got nabbed yesterday after doing a 3rd gear passing move on two lane blacktop of a Prius and a log truck. I took it up near the top of 3rd and didn't hit the brakes after passing just let it coast back down on a straight no access stretch. About 1/2 mile later from a side road out comes a unmarked car lights flashing....I immed pulled over thinking "how did he see me?" but knowing I was Speeding (with a capital S) and to my delight he went on down the road lights flashing.

Old 09-02-2015, 09:13 AM   #21
Registered Member

Regular

^ I assuming there were a few beads of perspiration when the red and blue color show appeared in your rear view mirror?

Old 09-02-2015, 12:21 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Not enough fun on Saturday Mud?

Old 09-02-2015, 12:52 PM   #23
Staff

Regular
Staff

I wasn't scared/angry it really was more "how the heck did he see me?" I did take the scenic road home after that as a reward (kinda ironic when you reward yourself for not getting a ticket by running through the twisties). I've found a new pleasant 1/2hr stress relieving road that does wonders for my attitude.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

So yesterday the wife and I (and dog Shelby) took a leisurely ride to the Berkshires to check out some of the new roads that Mud is proposing that we tack onto the beginning and the end of the route. They sure have my vote. Believe me, you are going to like it!!!! Unfortunately, I was driving my CRV rather than the Mustang. Twisties and a CRV just don't go together at all. I am really looking forward to driving these roads for real.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:45 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1441457112.534632.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	190684

Just love seeing this sign!!!

Old 09-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

That's always a good sign. I can't wait!!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:11 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Can't wait for the fall cruise... See you guys..

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘
Old 09-06-2015, 01:04 PM   #28
Staff

Regular
Staff

Thx Rob for checking out some of the "looks good on paper" roads.

It is a new and improved route guys ( & gals). It is not as intense as the CT route but that one was close enough I could spend a good bit of time designing it. I do like the new route and look fwd to going for a ride......a long ride. As always I may add in a bonus U-turn or two; it isn't that I got lost/missed a turn. It is so I get a chance to look at your cars as they go by.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #29
Registered Member

Regular

Can't wait! Just pulled the trigger on a new hood...if I can get it painted and installed on time, I'll debut it at the cruise.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

I really hope I get the days off from work! Full suspension is getting done this weekend and this would be a great time with the improved handling!
Old 09-17-2015, 10:52 PM   #31
Registered Member

Regular

^ You can always be *cough, cough* sick...

Old 09-17-2015, 11:20 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I'm very excited to come!

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-17-2015, 11:23 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Sign Me up

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app
Old 09-17-2015, 11:57 PM   #34
Registered Member

Regular

Yay! I won't be the only GB car there. Last time Mud and Rob made me sit at the kiddie car table.

Just kiddin'. And if you need an OEM hood with some minor paint bubbling, let me know...LOL.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:01 AM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tym_v6 View Post
Yay! I won't be the only GB car there. Last time Mud and Rob made me sit at the kiddie car table.

Just kiddin'. And if you need an OEM hood with some minor paint bubbling, let me know...LOL.
He actually has the silver s550.. Lol you still gonna be the only one...

MPT tune, Axle exchange Aluminum driveshaft, 3:73 gears, borla stype, frrp x pipe, Mac ceramic shorty headers, airaid cai, Jlt separator, koni orange shocks and struts, SR Springs, gt500 mounts, J&M Panhard bar, Bmr LCA, 2010 gt500 wheels, roush chin splitter, roush louvers, and RTR stripes... 😎 🚘

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion