New England Spring Cruise 2016! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2016, 09:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarr View Post
ill be at work wishing I was with you guys again
We are at 19 cars right now. It is going to be a hoot! But don't fret Dan. You will get at least two more chances this year to join us.
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Robostang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2016, 05:54 AM   #37

Sounds like fun!
sdheath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 06:18 AM   #38
Staff

Regular
Staff

it is.....you in?
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #39
Staff

Regular
Staff

Rob and I are doing a dry run this weekend to finalize the route. It's a tough job taking your car out for a good run on a nice day but we're willing to do it for you guys (+ gals).
Old 04-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
Rob and I are doing a dry run this weekend to finalize the route. It's a tough job taking your car out for a good run on a nice day but we're willing to do it for you guys (+ gals).
Have fun and looking forward to another fun filled Mud & Rob Cruise
pilatti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:14 AM   #41

Quote:
it is.....you in?
I think so... do I need to do anything special to sign up?
Old 04-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #42
Staff

Regular
Staff

not really...well except new kid buys gas for everyone

We do expect folks to say if they'll be in or not so we have a count we can give to the restaurant.

we'll post up real start place soon that is part of our dry run as we are having a difference of opinion on where it should be It will be in the meridan/wallingford/middletown area. 100 miles and a lunch stop normally we have 12-15 Stangs show up

I mentioned B4 I don't publicize the route but it's similar to our last CT one...lots of my favorite narrow back roads. For those that went on our last CT one you'll recognize 80% of it but I've added some new roads
Old 04-20-2016, 04:59 AM   #43

Count me in!
Old 04-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdheath View Post
I think so... do I need to do anything special to sign up?

You might want to PM your email address to Mud or me so that we get you on the private email list for future cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium 401A, Manual, 3.55, Steeda Pro-Action Shocks, Struts, Sport Springs, LCAs, Adjustable Swaybars, Adjustable Panhard Bar, BMR Relocation Brackets and Adjustable UCA, Driveshaft Shop Aluminum Drive Shaft, Airaid CAI, MGW Shifter, GT500 Axle-Backs, 3M Clear Bra and Tint, Side Window Louvers, JLT Oil Separator, Staggered MMD Zeven Wheels and Mickey Thompson Street Comp Tires, Bama 93 Race Tune
Old 04-21-2016, 04:46 AM   #45
Staff

Regular
Staff

Folks will like the changes I've made to the route...about 75-80% of it will be familiar to those that went on the last posted CT cruise but we have some new roads that fit right in to the style I prefer. This does have a good bit of narrow twisty roads that if you enjoy Driving you'll appreciate.
Old 04-21-2016, 04:48 AM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Can't wait! I tested out the new suspension at an autocross this weekend and it's awesome

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Jza1736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 08:26 AM   #47
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Folks will like the changes I've made to the route...about 75-80% of it will be familiar to those that went on the last posted CT cruise but we have some new roads that fit right in to the style I prefer. This does have a good bit of narrow twisty roads that if you enjoy Driving you'll appreciate.

Absolutely no sight seeing on this cruise. Not for the driver anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Old 04-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I cant wait one more month away...........
shunc01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:33 AM   #49
Staff

Regular
Staff

Exclamation The Details Post

OK folks Rob and I did a dry run this weekend and we've got a real good route worked out. It's 115 miles of 3rd gear twisties. You will want 3/4+ tank to start as my V6 went through 1/2 of a tank There is a Mobil station directly across the street that has 93 octane.

Meeting place/time:

Staples:
900 Washington St (Rte 66), Middletown, CT 06457

Saturday May 21st 11:00 with a rain date of Sunday May 22nd

Plz park on the street side of Staples as we'll be going out with a right onto Washington St (Rte 66). Cruise start time is at 11:00 am I'll suggest getting there early for meet & greet. There is a real good diner Athena Dinner in this plaza as well as a McD's next door for those who want breakfast.

this is exit 18 (I-91 CT) if you are northbound but exit 20 for southbound folks....look at the map there is a little zigging (Country Club to Higby to Washington) to get here if you are heading south on 91. It isn't hard but look. It will be easy on from cruise end back to 91. I'll also warn that folks who get off 91 directly onto Rte 66 to watch your speeds. You can ask Rob why this is important........

Lunch will be here: The Town Tavern East Haddam CT

Home Page

depending on speeds and lunch time plan on being back to the starting line around 3:30-4:00 (with just two of us it took a little less than 4 hrs)

Remember these are at your own risk! I set a reasonably quick pace we don't go crazy but this is not a leisurely Sunday Drive.

Walkie Talkies are worthwhile to help you stay with us...there are lots of turns on this route and although we expect folks to block intersections if you get left behind it'll be hard to find us. Let either of us know if you'll be coming so reservations will be semi-accurate.

This is what I think a ride should be; we got these cars to have fun so lets go for a drive.

Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Oh yeah....you are going to like this one. Mud has outdone himself. About that lesson I learned about Rt 66.......Well I 691 comes to an end and Rt 66 begins and the speed limit drops from 65 to 40 in an instant. And guess who is waiting there for you with their favorite LASER gun? You think that after living in the area for all these years, that I would have remembered that. That was last year so I've pretty much gotten over it but I sure do remember to slow down now and let the rest of the fools fly by me.
Old 05-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #51
Staff

Regular
Staff

10 days and counting.......Mud's got new eye glasses which translates as I'll be able to see further and hopefully drive better!

Reminders:

Full tank of gas
Walkie talkies
Athenian diner is good (except for mediocre home fries=sub in french fries)
cruise starts at 11:00

This route is better than the last CT one. I've eliminated a few awkward sections and added a few new good roads.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:18 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

have a vacation day the 21, looks like ill be in!
dcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:26 AM   #53
Registered Member
Regular

I'm hoping to make it. It's a long ways for me just to get to the starting point. Trying to get the schedule for that weekend cleared from wife as well. Hopefully (fingers crossed).
"All the options baby!"
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:16 AM   #54
Registered Member
Regular

I'm still planning on it, as long as my damn brakes get back from powder coating! Taking forever for the new seals to come in!
DeJoe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Getting closer so let's hope for great weather
pilatti1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

It's gonna be a good one!!!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
I'm hoping to make it. It's a long ways for me just to get to the starting point. Trying to get the schedule for that weekend cleared from wife as well. Hopefully (fingers crossed).
It's never a long ways when you are driving a Mustang!!!!
Old 05-12-2016, 08:41 AM   #58
Staff

Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwards View Post
yeah it may be a drive to get here but Rob & I try hard to make it worthwhile....it is not a little 20 mile run that ends up at a car dealer. This is a real ride and if you've never been part of a group of Stangs it's pretty cool to see folks start pointing/counting when we zip by. Promise your Love to take her out for dinner as a thank you.
Old 05-14-2016, 11:45 AM   #59
Registered Member
Regular

One week to go! 22 people from various forums have indicated that they will be there. Come out and join us and meet some new friends (or see old ones again). So far the weather is looking great.

Reminders again:

Full tank of gas - there are gas stations near the starting point
Walkie talkies - if you don't have them, consider getting some. It makes navigating through intersections a lot easier and keeps you in the know during the cruise!
Start time is 11:00am but I will be there closer to 10:00.
Mud has new suspension and new glasses so this cruise could be even more interesting that others (if that is possible)
Old 05-17-2016, 06:03 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Hey is the ride still Saturday looks like rain
Dbcrusader36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:02 AM   #61
Staff

Regular
Staff

so far it is....my guy said nice weather but he's lied b4
Old 05-17-2016, 07:33 AM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
10 days and counting.......Mud's got new eye glasses which translates as I'll be able to see further and hopefully drive better!

Reminders:

Full tank of gas
Walkie talkies
Athenian diner is good (except for mediocre home fries=sub in french fries)
cruise starts at 11:00

This route is better than the last CT one. I've eliminated a few awkward sections and added a few new good roads.
Just because you can see better doesn't necessarily mean that you can drive better
Sorry Mud, it was a good setup. Couldn't resist.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:34 AM   #63
Staff

Regular
Staff

I forgot to mention IF it does rain on Saturday the rain date is Sunday. We'll keep folks updated.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #64
Staff

Regular
Staff

Fintle,

folks are buying V8's in an attempt to keep up with me. Dan even went so far as to 1st upgrade to the V8 and now he's added a SC to it. All I can say is bring what you've got but ya'll still be chasing my V6. Race Red is the fastest color.
Old 05-17-2016, 08:23 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Fintle,

folks are buying V8's in an attempt to keep up with me. Dan even went so far as to 1st upgrade to the V8 and now he's added a SC to it. All I can say is bring what you've got but ya'll still be chasing my V6. Race Red is the fastest color.
We have no choice mud, we will always be following lol... Hey we have the fastest color now race red buddy..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 05-17-2016, 12:05 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

I'm in if it ends up being Saturday. My wife is riding shotgun so I may not be the fastest in the crowd. No problem if I bring up the rear.
"All the options baby!"
medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 05:54 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Yeah, I have no life and a job that requires I work just about every weekend, night and holiday all while giving me 1 day off every 3-5 days....this run I won't be apart of sadly. Maybe Summer or Fall again.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:02 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintile View Post
Yeah, I have no life and a job that requires I work just about every weekend, night and holiday all while giving me 1 day off every 3-5 days....this run I won't be apart of sadly. Maybe Summer or Fall again.
We will catch you on the next one Shane!
Old 05-17-2016, 06:41 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

I have a Radio Shack 40 channel , 5 watt Walkie Talkie from the early 80's, takes 10 AA's. What channel will you be using? how does that sound?
2013 RedMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 07:15 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Rob and mud I can't come for the cruise this time as well, I have my orientation that weekend although it is only for 2 hours but I won't be able to make it in time.. I will catch you guys next time.. Promise..

Sent from my SM-G935P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion