Knoxville / McGhee Tyson area - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Knoxville / McGhee Tyson area

Hey guys, I'll be moving to the Knoxville area, specifically near McGhee Tyson, in early October and I'm looking for some advice - both on general living and Mustang-specific living. I've been a California guy my whole life aside from a short time in Arizona so the whole concept of "garaged for the winter" is foreign to me. I'm used to 260+ days of sunshine and year round cruising.

So basically I'm just looking for some advice on the area and what to expect over the course of the year. Good places to live with a short commute to the airport for my family (wife and two young children)? Best schools for grades 5-9? How's the job market for graphic design? Good family-friendly entertainment spots (movie buffs and foodies but not big drinkers)? Things I *have* to do and see before I leave TN?

Most importantly, how is the Mustang/Ford car scene? I'm heavy into car shows and am looking forward to being closer to the MCA National shows. I see Summit Racing is just a 4 hour trip south so I imagine parts will ship quick! And the National Mustang Museum will be a stones throw away. Anyone want to plug for a family-oriented Mustang Club there?

And, *sob*, how long will the winter keep my car in the garage? My Mustang is a daily driver but I will get a cheap AWD car for the winter because I don't want any of that mud, sleet, snow, ice, salt, etc. in my undercarriage.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using the MEvo app.
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2016, 05:18 PM   #2
Registered Member

Regular

Region: Other
Why are you leaving Cali man?
oxford5pointoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I think we average 5 inches of total snow fall per year . We do have a 5 to 8 inch snow storm ever once in a while. I live in Clinton, just outside of Knoxville. Knoxville is like every other large City, beautiful places and places you should stay away from. Lots of eating and movie places. Search the internet, it will answer a lot of your questions
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2016, 06:44 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Must add: I drive on roads everyday that most people would pay money to drive on. Much better than any race track i've ever seen. We have a lot of hills and curves
Little Red. 2011 V6. Automatic Trans., C&L CAI, JLT Catch Can, BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers with BBK Catted X Pipe, Axle Exchange (American Muscle) Aluminum DriveShaft, GT 500 Lower Control Arms, Koni (orange) Dampers, Steeda Watts Link, Ford Racing 3.73 Gears, Magnaflow Street Series Axle Backs and a few more mods....Wifes car, 2014 Ford Edge Limited.
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 12:50 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Young View Post
Must add: I drive on roads everyday that most people would pay money to drive on. Much better than any race track i've ever seen. We have a lot of hills and curves
I can't wait to drive the Tail of the Dragon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxford5pointoh View Post
Why are you leaving Cali man?
My wife got orders so we are off to our next adventure. It'll be the first time in near 30 years I'll be living in a place that actually has "seasons" lol!
ninerone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 08:04 AM   #6

I'm in Knoxville. I'm looking for any meet ups out there in the area.
matthewmiller01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Mustang Evolution | Community Forums > Regional Mustang Discussion